Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #151
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

one day..one day i shall cosplay Nariko! love the game, even though i only played it once..reason why..too poor to own a ps3 or a 360
But I am happy to see people cosplaying this game!

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #152
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
Tsuki Neko, are you ok with some constructive critisism? I don't want to say anything unless you are.
Of course! Constructive criticism always helps. ^.^

The hat was definitely not done in that picture i have. I redid a couple of things recently. I appreciate you taking the time and pointing out what could be better. ^.^;
And many possibles!

deviantART

Last edited by Super Tsuki : 09-03-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #153
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

lol, no problem. I just wanted to ask because sometimes can say harsh things without meaning to. I went to a professional art college for the last four years--and in those critiques we take no prisoners, lol. I grew some thick skin fast. I just don't see a whole lot of value in critiques now where people just say "oo, that's great."
Anywho, I don't know what you've changed yet, but your center button is HUGE. It needs to be more the size of a silver dollar or a quarter. Then the little buttons around it should be a little smaller then a dime, and the little buttons are actually just smaller versions of the big one in the center, so all of them have the same design.
How I dealt with them is I found some plain flat buttons in two different sizes and using a small funnel I got from Michaels and some tacky glue, I made the little asteric design on them. I also made a little drying rack so it would be easier to apply out of three layers of craft foam with a small divet in the middle so I could slide the buttons into place. I then applied Rub and Buff with a q-tip, then darkened and emphasised the details with blue and brown watered down acrylics.
Also, your thread is a little thin. I actually managed to find leather thread at Michaels that looked like the one on Kai's hat. the only thing is I had to taint it with more acrylics because it was way too pale and bright. Again, I don't know what you've changed, and this may be a bit too late, but Kai's hat is made of around eight different scraps of slightly different colored leather. I took a marune and orange sharpee to some of my leather to taint them so there was more variation. Also, the ears aren't open like a actual ear, but are triangulated points made from three pieces of leather each. My progress and completion photos of everything I've done is in my gallery if you'd like to see.
On a positive side, I like that you got a leather-type material, and the color is nice. =D Lol, I know this hat is a pain, I spent two weeks working on it, and afterwards my fingers were literally raw and bleeding from being stabbed so many times with a leather needle and working the material around. Good luck finishing Kai!

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #154
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Nothing is too late to fix! That's one of the great things about cosplay, you can always change it.

Yeahhhh...now looking at the center button it does look pretty big. That's easily fixed. And I knew that the other little buttons were the same as the big one, but I didn't/still don't have the resourses to redo those.

At least you found some things that you liked. @_@.

ZOMG. I KNOW THAT FREAKIN' HAT, SO DIFFICULT TO HAND SEW WITH SUCH THICK FABRIC. FREAKIN' A! xD. That was my venting session. Hahaha.

On a side note, I am "done" with Kai (at least until I decide to start on the improvements). I wore it to AnimeFEST this past weekend, and I'm waiting until at least decent pictures with better lighting pops up until I post any on my gallery.

Meanlilkitty, your twing-twang is AMAZING. Its so freakin' detialed that I don't even know what to say! I really like the way you cut your wig too. Very razory, and thin. Another thing on my improvement list is to thin out my wig and give it a proper hair cut. But that's for another day and another time. ^.^;
And many possibles!

deviantART
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #155
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Wow, that really IS the best crossbow I've seen...O.O!!!!!! You're so awesome and talented!

I need to work on mine, and improve my Kai before Fanime 09...since someone mentioned earlier that she will be attending as Nariko..I can't wait! I also would like to work out on stretchy so I can do some cooler poses..~.~ Wooohoo...So fun to go around barefooted at a con XD!!!!! I'm surprised they let me, then again there's always other stuff for them to worry about....

Tsuki Neko: From your avatar you Kai looks so cute! I can't wait to see more pics.

Ahhh..I wish there were more characters in HS, for like..meets at cons.. ^^; Well there are..but no one seems to be doing them!
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #156
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiiSheik
Ahhh..I wish there were more characters in HS, for like..meets at cons.. ^^; Well there are..but no one seems to be doing them!
I want to re-make my Nariko and start wearing her to some conventions, I just have so many other things I want to do there isn't enough hours in the day! lol every time I see HS pix I get anxious about my Nariko cosplay, so it'll happen eventually >_>
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #157
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Aw jeez, thank ya! I was really surprised how easily it all went for me considering it is the most complicated prop of mine so far. Lol, my other props are eight feet tall but are solid pieces (I have a knack for choosing characters with big-ass weapons) There's a few things I would change, and of course things are always better the second time you do it, but overall I'm jazzed. Hee, I even made a lid so I have a secret compartment to hide my junk. XD

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #158
Super Tsuki
月の猫

StrawberiiShiek: Aw, thank you! ^.^

I know what you mean about meet-ups and stuff. I know the convention that I debuted my Kai costume is not that very big, but I didn't see ANY one else from Heavenly Sword there. I heard of another Kai that was walking around, but I never saw her. I wanted to get a picture with her too. I always like meeting people that make the same costumes. It so fun talking about construction and seeing how other people intrepret the same costume. Thats why I like c.com so much. lol

Too bad we aren't all in the same area! It would be sooooo cool to have an HS get together. :3
And many possibles!

deviantART
Unread 09-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #159
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Neko View Post
StrawberiiShiek: Aw, thank you! ^.^

I know what you mean about meet-ups and stuff. I know the convention that I debuted my Kai costume is not that very big, but I didn't see ANY one else from Heavenly Sword there. I heard of another Kai that was walking around, but I never saw her. I wanted to get a picture with her too. I always like meeting people that make the same costumes. It so fun talking about construction and seeing how other people intrepret the same costume. Thats why I like c.com so much. lol

Too bad we aren't all in the same area! It would be sooooo cool to have an HS get together. :3
No problem~!!

^-^; It would be cool to have a group. I really wish more guys got into it and cosplayed some of the men from the game. Even the baddies!

I'm the opposite of you about the costume thing. I don't like seeing others with my costume because then I start nitpicking at my own and saying how I did things wrong or different. Now I'm like "Bah! Whatever!" As long as you try your best and have fun, that is all that matters n___n Nothing will ever be perfect~

Anywaaaaaaaay...........I want to see a Flying Fox cosplay O.O
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #160
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiiSheik
As long as you try your best and have fun, that is all that matters n___n Nothing will ever be perfect~

Anywaaaaaaaay...........I want to see a Flying Fox cosplay O.O
True that ^^

Oh, and here's my boyfriend in the the Flying Fox cosplay I made him for our group
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1371237/

Along with my Nariko there's several things I want to fix, but the blade thing on the back turned out perfect xD
Unread 09-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #161
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

OOooooh~ I like the props you did! Just throw some make up on him and it'll be great =O!!

Will you be coming to Fanime or AnimeExpo next year? T^T?
Unread 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #162
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thanks! Yeah I didn't plan to do all the make-up (mainly because I don't really know how O-o ) so we decided he's the young version of Flying Fox xD

I've never been to either of those conventions, I'll look into them though hmm that means I'll have to get going on remaking my Nariko
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #163
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Thanks! Yeah I didn't plan to do all the make-up (mainly because I don't really know how O-o ) so we decided he's the young version of Flying Fox xD

I've never been to either of those conventions, I'll look into them though hmm that means I'll have to get going on remaking my Nariko
n___n Well It would be cool if you could come.~

I want to do a photoshoot with a Nariko. I missed AX this year...and I found out that a girl on here went as Nariko and she did a lovely job as well.. T__T

So maybe next year. I just *need* to work on things for my Kai costume.

-Redo the hat and actually find the right material + pain in designs~

- Make actual gloves with the wraps

- style the hair little more accurately

- Finnish crossbow =O!!

Sooooooooooo yeah, I need to get workin'. I'm so excited though for when it's done. I love being Kai n_______n;
Unread 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #164
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiiSheik View Post

I'm the opposite of you about the costume thing. I don't like seeing others with my costume because then I start nitpicking at my own and saying how I did things wrong or different. Now I'm like "Bah! Whatever!" As long as you try your best and have fun, that is all that matters n___n Nothing will ever be perfect~
I do the same thing!!! :O You aren't alone in that department that is for sure!

I'm doing improvements on my Kai as well...I'm dyeing my dress a little darker for a photoshoot I have planned this weekend. :3

The work never stops!

Xavietta: Pleaaaaaaaaaaase re-make your Nariko. It was so pretty! *A*
And many possibles!

deviantART
Unread 09-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #165
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

StrawberiiSheik: I looked up those conventions...they're both in cali O-o I'm all the way in Florida, so it doesn't look like I'll be going to those I can't wait to see the progress of your Kai though! All the Kais here are just too cute ^^

We need to find a convention right in the middle of the country and just all meet there lol

Tsuki Neko: thank you ^^ It's on my list of things to do, so I'll get going on my new Nariko as soon as I can