Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #181
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

oh man, yeah that's why it's always good to test fabric with dye >_> I dye fabric all the time and I NEVER know how it's going to turn out lol Good luck with the next try

I would love to do a Whiptail cosplay I'm only working on 1 or 2 cosplays right now (as apposed to my usual 5 or 6 lol) so I'm anxious for new projects xD I really want to get working on my Nariko, so when I start that I'll star planning out Whiptail
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #182
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
oh man, yeah that's why it's always good to test fabric with dye >_> I dye fabric all the time and I NEVER know how it's going to turn out lol Good luck with the next try

I would love to do a Whiptail cosplay I'm only working on 1 or 2 cosplays right now (as apposed to my usual 5 or 6 lol) so I'm anxious for new projects xD I really want to get working on my Nariko, so when I start that I'll star planning out Whiptail
Ohhhh~~~That'll be awesome if you cosplay her XD!!
Unread 09-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #183
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Quote:

Thank you! I think i'm just going to stick with tea staining. It seemed to work pretty well AND it had the desired effect. Unfortunately, it didn't really show up at the photoshoot today, but i fixed up my wig a bit so I was pretty happy.

Zomg, Whiptail would be epic. I suppose one could tackle that costume with the same technique of the Princess Ruto/Zuto?(I hope I got the name right. Such a long time since I played Ocarina of Time) from Legend of Zelda. That serpent head piece sure would be heavy though. @_@
And many possibles!

deviantART
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2008, 04:36 PM   #184
Lex chan
Tonkatsu?

>_>...-slinks in-

Okay Tsuki, I posted here as you requsted...X3

-slinks out-
Lex chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #185
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex chan View Post
>_>...-slinks in-

-slinks out-
I got Lex Chan hooked on Heavenly Sword, and now she wants to do a Nariko cosplay! So I told her about this thread. ^.^; We were scrounging up fabric from her sewing closet to see if she had any that would work for Nariko, and she also started to look up wig ideas.

I'm so excited! Its kind of amazing to me how few people cosplay from this game. I would have imagined that there would be more, but I guess the fact that its a PS3 game and the majority of people didn't play it is why. :/
And many possibles!

deviantART
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #186
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Neko View Post
I got Lex Chan hooked on Heavenly Sword, and now she wants to do a Nariko cosplay! So I told her about this thread. ^.^; We were scrounging up fabric from her sewing closet to see if she had any that would work for Nariko, and she also started to look up wig ideas.

I'm so excited! Its kind of amazing to me how few people cosplay from this game. I would have imagined that there would be more, but I guess the fact that its a PS3 game and the majority of people didn't play it is why. :/
I feel the same way! I'm surprised there aren't any Roach cosplayers or Whiptail or FlyingFox(Well, there was one!) but yeaaah...>< You're right about the Ps3 thing.. Maybe when it gets more popular, HS will...I don't know. I was hoping for HS2 but apparently it was canned----CHEAP.

Okaaay anyway...that's so awesome about your friend cosplaying Nariko. You two could do a photoshoot. ^^
Unread 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #187
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex chan View Post
>_>...-slinks in-

-slinks out-
lol welcome to the HS thread! I say this to everyone, but I can't wait to see the progress on your Nariko!!

People are still uneasy about PS3 but whatever, the games for it are EPIC ie Heavenly Sword. I personlly don't like sequels, so I'm happy with just the one game

I found the perfect fabric for my Nariko, but it was red...so I guess it wasn't that perfect lol I'll keep looking and when I get back home (I'm away visiting family ) I'll start experimenting with Whiptail
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #188
Lex chan
Tonkatsu?

Quote:
lol welcome to the HS thread! I say this to everyone, but I can't wait to see the progress on your Nariko!!

People are still uneasy about PS3 but whatever, the games for it are EPIC ie Heavenly Sword. I personlly don't like sequels, so I'm happy with just the one game

I found the perfect fabric for my Nariko, but it was red...so I guess it wasn't that perfect lol I'll keep looking and when I get back home (I'm away visiting family ) I'll start experimenting with Whiptail
Aww, thanks ^_^...I'm still in the plotting and planning and searching phase, so no actual progress yet other than whats in my head >_> lol. That and I wanna make sure I have a pretty tummy before I actually measure stuff out. I wanted to loose a little weight anyways, and this is just something to give me motivation to do it XD"

And I think it'd be soooo epic to see a whiptail cosplayer! Like whoa...! o_o...Though I'd be playing with your eel headdress if I ran into you XDD
Lex chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #189
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Nariko is on Fringe!! OK I just found out that new show on fox called Fringe (which I love) stars Anna Torv, who did the voice and stop motion work for Nariko xD

and back to cosplay...Lex Chan, good luck on the weight loss! I think cosplay is a great motivator for fitness There are a ton of resources on this thread for costume help, so feel free to ask if you get stuck!

I'm back from vacation, so I'm officially working on Whiptail I started looking up materials for the eel tail thing...I found some snakeskin fabric that might work, it's the closest pattern/texture I could find to the skin of an eel :/ I'm going to try to make it as light weight a possible, but I noticed the back of it attaches to her belt/bottom so that should take some stress of my head lol

I'll post some pix as soon as I get working
Unread 09-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #190
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Nariko is on Fringe!! OK I just found out that new show on fox called Fringe (which I love) stars Anna Torv, who did the voice and stop motion work for Nariko xD

and back to cosplay...Lex Chan, good luck on the weight loss! I think cosplay is a great motivator for fitness There are a ton of resources on this thread for costume help, so feel free to ask if you get stuck!

I'm back from vacation, so I'm officially working on Whiptail I started looking up materials for the eel tail thing...I found some snakeskin fabric that might work, it's the closest pattern/texture I could find to the skin of an eel :/ I'm going to try to make it as light weight a possible, but I noticed the back of it attaches to her belt/bottom so that should take some stress of my head lol

I'll post some pix as soon as I get working
Eeeeeeee....*Runs and clings to Xavietta* ^~^ Yaay...a Whiptail! (I mean..ahh..evil yeah..>___>;;; )

Can't wait to see some progress!!!
---

Okay I found good screen shots for anyone who needs reference pictures!!

Click here! Just click on the numbers near the bottom left to change the pages. It's all Japanese but the pictures are great ! Really helped with some of my crossbow I'm working on right now >___<

Also...I don't know if any of you have joined already, but if you love HEavenly Sword you should joooin ^~^ I'm recruiting more fans. --> Heavenly Sword Forums
Unread 09-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #191
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Oh wow, great find! Damn, now I have mods to do on Twing Twang... I think I'll eventually redo the platform for the mirrors on the top out of wood to make it more streamlined looking. Well, it was nice to see I got a lot right. Ah well, it gives me things to do! yay

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #192
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
Oh wow, great find! Damn, now I have mods to do on Twing Twang... I think I'll eventually redo the platform for the mirrors on the top out of wood to make it more streamlined looking. Well, it was nice to see I got a lot right. Ah well, it gives me things to do! yay
Senks~!

Yeah..>< I had to redo my whole crossbow. It still isn't as accurate, I just am lacking certain materials that I just can't really afford right now. But yeah..............your's is pretty close!! Closest I've seen.
Unread 09-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #193
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

What kind of materials are you using? I think I spent around $20 on mine with lots of leftover materials to use on my commissions... Lol, you could always find a unmonitered area in Home Depot and just do what seems right XD
Lemme see, with mine there was the foam (free--it was neighbors trash, but insulation foam costs $4-7 for a nice big piece), hinges ($4), string, model magic ($20 for a tub, but I only used a little so I can use it with other projects), wood putty (3), 18 nails, 6 studs, lots of hot glue ($2 a bag of 18), acrylics ($0.50 a tube at Walmart), silver gel pen ($1), silver rub and buff ($3), round thingies for the chamber (i used leftover circlets from my ABA skirt), poly-crylic ($13), and black poly-dip spray ($4).
Again, I'd prolly redo my platform on the top with the mirrors with scultped wood made with a jig saw and a rotary wheel, but that's for another day when I don't have commissions piling up, lol. If you want any help, I really don't have else to do, so I can answer any questions or whatever. Make me proud when I go to Fanime 09! I believe in you! =D

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

Unread 09-30-2008, 04:04 AM   #194
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
What kind of materials are you using? I think I spent around $20 on mine with lots of leftover materials to use on my commissions... Lol, you could always find a unmonitered area in Home Depot and just do what seems right XD
Lemme see, with mine there was the foam (free--it was neighbors trash, but insulation foam costs $4-7 for a nice big piece), hinges ($4), string, model magic ($20 for a tub, but I only used a little so I can use it with other projects), wood putty (3), 18 nails, 6 studs, lots of hot glue ($2 a bag of 18), acrylics ($0.50 a tube at Walmart), silver gel pen ($1), silver rub and buff ($3), round thingies for the chamber (i used leftover circlets from my ABA skirt), poly-crylic ($13), and black poly-dip spray ($4).
Again, I'd prolly redo my platform on the top with the mirrors with scultped wood made with a jig saw and a rotary wheel, but that's for another day when I don't have commissions piling up, lol. If you want any help, I really don't have else to do, so I can answer any questions or whatever. Make me proud when I go to Fanime 09! I believe in you! =D
Wow! You really did good with the prices.. O.O

I'm using cardboard and some foam too. Hard to get out of town and buy things..I'm so impatient so I decided to make one out of whatever I have.

You will be going to Fanime 09? =O!!!!!? Oh noes..now I definitely have to make sure it's decent...since yours is so good...T____________________T

Maybe I will redo mine when I find great materials!
Unread 09-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #195
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Indeed I shall be going! I've gone to it since 2003 and this year I just couldn't afford it after I graduated college, but nothing is keeping me away from 09! Hell, I actually have the reg page open in another tab. It's my favorite con and I can't wait for May!