Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #211
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

BWA HAHA I has registered for Fanime '09!!!!1!! XD
Best part is that I got number 665, my friend was number 666! XD

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com

Last edited by Meanlilkitty : 10-04-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #212
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
BWA HAHA I has registered for Fanime '09!!!!1!! XD
Best part is that I got number 665, my friend was number 666! XD
Eee...She will be cursed! =O LOL jk~

Anyway, congrats. I won't register until I know for sure I can go..>___<; I got to find friends who can squeeze me in to stay with them or something..and see if I can afford AX and Fanime. :X
Unread 10-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #213
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

lol "She" is Shro, my friend you met while he was cosplaying Bridget. =D

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

Unread 10-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #214
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
lol "She" is Shro, my friend you met while he was cosplaying Bridget. =D
Ohhhh~!! Yeah him! ^~^ I remember.
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #215
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

T_T It's been so long since people have had anything to say, and now I'm worried that this thread will dissapear into oblivion...
Um, trying to think of anything to say....I remade the top crap on Twing Twang out of wood, I just need to paint it now, and I've altered Kai's dress so it is tighter around my belly so it doesn't hang and make me look like a chubbo, and I inserted a strip of fabric in the back so it would be longer and cover my ass more consistently. I swear, before I could only walk about five feet before I had to pull the dress down over my bum again. I think it's official, I no longer need to alter my Kai, huzzah.

Unread 11-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #216
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

I still need to work on the crossbow but haven't found any good foam for it. I might just go and look at Michaels...

I've been busy with other cosplay stuff and also Life. I still have no job so whatever Birthday or random money here and there I have...is what I have left to use. @___@ I Still need to save for AX. I don't know if I will make it to Fanime next year. :/

Bleeeeeeh. All I have to say. :[
Unread 11-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #217
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Bah, I feel ya. Still unemployed on my end and now due to nightmare roommate I have to move out of LA for a little while. Hopefully I can gather some money and head back here in a few months.
As for your Twing Twang, again you could layer insulation foam, which you can find at any Home Depot. It can be shaped with a foam cutter or a knife, but if you use a knife the little foam balls get everywhere. To make my foam props hard and reliable I coat the foam with oil based polyeurothane and let it dry into a solid shell. After the poly you can also pour resin over the foam to make it even tougher. Lol, just don't put resin on foam first, otherwise you'll soon have no more foam. XD Take that from a seasoned pro who has melted more than one series of pieces before.
The only thing at you're gunna find at Michaels is this styrafoam used for fake flower arrangements. It's easy to carve, but it is so light and ridged that edges can fairly easily break. I suppose if you get the styrofoam, you could layer something over it to smooth it out and be able to seal it all with poly or resin.
What you could do is glue so many layers of foam/strofoam together and then carve them to the shape you need and just go from there. If you want, load your progess pics and I can help out as much as I can. =D

Unread 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #218
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Bah, I feel ya. Still unemployed on my end and now due to nightmare roommate I have to move out of LA for a little while. Hopefully I can gather some money and head back here in a few months.
As for your Twing Twang, again you could layer insulation foam, which you can find at any Home Depot. It can be shaped with a foam cutter or a knife, but if you use a knife the little foam balls get everywhere. To make my foam props hard and reliable I coat the foam with oil based polyurethane and let it dry into a solid shell. After the poly you can also pour resin over the foam to make it even tougher. Lol, just don't put resin on foam first, otherwise you'll soon have no more foam. XD Take that from a seasoned pro who has melted more than one series of pieces before.
The only thing at you're gunna find at Michaels is this Styrofoam used for fake flower arrangements. It's easy to carve, but it is so light and ridged that edges can fairly easily break. I suppose if you get the Styrofoam, you could layer something over it to smooth it out and be able to seal it all with poly or resin.
What you could do is glue so many layers of foam/strofoam together and then carve them to the shape you need and just go from there. If you want, load your progress pics and I can help out as much as I can. =D

o.o Ohh I see. I'll probably go to Home Depot then! I'll probably buy something nice, new and sharp to carve..so it doesn't get too out of hand with my crappy knives. I carved Styrofoam before and there were little balls everywhere...@__@ And it sucks having to vacuum them!

Anyway, thanks so much for offering help! I'll keep updating on my progress. Right now I'm working on my Kamikirimusi Cosplay. I Almost have her huge spiked stick done... Then I will work on her Kimono, buy the right wig and I'm done. @_@
Unread 11-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #219
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

If you use the green flower foam, cover it with cheesecloth and modge podge. That is what my boyfriend used to make a missile for his rocket launcher. It works really well! I also used it to protect my samurai sword made of insulation foam.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Possible planned cosplays:
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #220
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

I totally did the cheese clothe/mod podge over foam for my sword and it worked really well

yeah that's all I have to offer lol no progress on anything over here >_>
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #221
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Cheese clothe..and mod podge...

Where do you find these odd named items?
Unread 11-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #222
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

lol cheese clothe is at the fabric store in the notions section and mod podge is either at the fabric store or craft store with all the glue at least that's where I find it...I actaully stopped buying mod podge and bought a gallon of Elmer's Glue from Home Depot, it's cheaper in the long run and works the same
Unread 11-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #223
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
lol cheese clothe is at the fabric store in the notions section and mod podge is either at the fabric store or craft store with all the glue at least that's where I find it...I actaully stopped buying mod podge and bought a gallon of Elmer's Glue from Home Depot, it's cheaper in the long run and works the same

Ohhh..I think I know what you're talking about. I used a somewhat similar technique with my craft foam armor. I put this cloth underneath and layers of glue..and then it hardened and made the craft foam more sturdy....

<<
>>
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #224
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

HUZZAH!!! New and decent photos of Kai (finally) XD Check me out!
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120340/

Unread 11-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #225
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

ooohhh I saw those yesterday and you look awesome!! You have so many great details on your costume man I got to get going on my HS cosplays