Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #271
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Yo! Highfive! o/*\o

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #272
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

:d!!!!
Unread 06-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #273
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMandiex View Post
Meanlilkitty - You rock so hard the whole earth kept spinning. That was too pathetic. But the point stands. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!

Melima - WHOA! O_O How did you do that sword? I tend to go with the pitiful cardboard and hot glue and paper mache and I've found it *sucks* lol.
I made it out of insulation foam (like my first one) except this time I did not use bondo. I covered it in glue and cheesecloth to protect it and then used patching bondo to fill in the grid. Just make sure you cover it in a nice layer of glue (or gesso) because spray paint and the patching bondo will eat the foam. I found out the hard way, but fortunaltly I caught it and was able to fix it before it did too much damage.
As far as the design on the shirt, I bought gold paint, but I'm scared to paint it because I don't want to mess it up. I may practise on my first version of the shirt (since I have re-made it) to see how it looks. It's a detail that has been bugging me to fix, but I've been to lazy to do it.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #274
Super Tsuki
月の猫

A quick question for the Kai cosplayers: How do you guys keep the wrapped string around the two front pieces of long hair up? Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Does hairspray work to keep the strings from sliding down? That keeps happening every time I wear my Kai costume. Its not that bad, but its annoying since I notice it and eventually I'll have to take it out again to redo the strings. :/ Perhaps I'm missing a really easy solution, but right now I can't think of one. lol

Melima331: Yay! New sword! It looks lovely~! :3
And many possibles!

deviantART
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #275
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Neko View Post
A quick question for the Kai cosplayers: How do you guys keep the wrapped string around the two front pieces of long hair up? Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Does hairspray work to keep the strings from sliding down? That keeps happening every time I wear my Kai costume. Its not that bad, but its annoying since I notice it and eventually I'll have to take it out again to redo the strings. :/ Perhaps I'm missing a really easy solution, but right now I can't think of one. lol

Melima331: Yay! New sword! It looks lovely~! :3
Mine never slide down. o-o How she does it is she has two pieces on top and bottom that are wrapped a couple of times (so I wrapped them tight at those two points then in between they spiral down..... and so it doesn't slip?

I don't know... I think you could also put a rubber band and then tie the string around it (like a small rubber band) and then spiral down and put another little rubber band (or nothing..) and it should stay!

I put hairspray on mine but not much, it's just so the hair doesn't get all messed up easily.
Unread 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #276
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Sheik: Yeah, the top and the bottom part doesn't slide down but the part that continues to wrap in a spiral does. Its really weird. I guess I'll just mess with it a bit more. :/
And many possibles!

deviantART
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #277
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Neko View Post
Sheik: Yeah, the top and the bottom part doesn't slide down but the part that continues to wrap in a spiral does. Its really weird. I guess I'll just mess with it a bit more. :/
oh o_o;; Mine always stays..
Unread 06-21-2009, 03:43 AM   #278
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Hey there Tsuki. For my dragontails, I took a small amount of elmers glue and watered it down, then lightly brushed it onto the thread with a small paint brush. It dried clear and it caused the thread to stiffen. Just don't get too much of it in the wig or you'll lose some of that natural movement and look.

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

Unread 06-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #279
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Hey SSheik, when are ya gunna do Kai at AX? Sat there's a video game gathering...

Unread 07-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #280
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Hey Sheik, it was great meeting you at AX, FINALLY. XD Sorry we couldn't hang out, duty calls loudly when looking for food. Sad day tho, I chose not to put Twing Twang in my trunk, and I ended up snapping a bow on a chair! XD Haha, good thing I had already intended on making a new one. The fragility of the old one just proves my point. And to all of the other Kais and Narikos at AX this year, thanks for spreading the Heavenly Sword love! Ya'll looked great!

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #281
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
Hey Sheik, it was great meeting you at AX, FINALLY. XD Sorry we couldn't hang out, duty calls loudly when looking for food. Sad day tho, I chose not to put Twing Twang in my trunk, and I ended up snapping a bow on a chair! XD Haha, good thing I had already intended on making a new one. The fragility of the old one just proves my point. And to all of the other Kais and Narikos at AX this year, thanks for spreading the Heavenly Sword love! Ya'll looked great!
Ohh~Yeah! It was nice meeting you too!! ^~^ Your twing-twang looked awesome! I unfortunately was a little mad because I had left my eyeliner I usually use for my make up AND my necklace I had redone to look better all at home. (T__T) So I wasn't as complete as I'd like and my make up made me mad...but.....I still had fun!
=) Even though I love Heavenly Sword cosplayers, it's still kind of cool that we're a little on the rare side too!!
Maybe there will be some Bohan's, or Roaches..or...Whiptails around next year.

I'll be at Fanime next year. w00t! And..Wondercon~
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #282
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

So I've been seeing more Kai cosplayers and a few Nariko's but...... I'm still waiting to see more Whiptails, Bohans, Flying Foxes and even Roach :O! I mean heck why not Kai's dead mom? I don't know :O I'm just sayin!!

Heheheh. . . anyway....Thought I'd post something here. It's dead !!
Unread 09-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #283
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Mummie is dead! *Runs off crying*

Anywho, you may be keen to know that my friend Teartone is actually planning to do Flying Fox prolly by the end of this year or by Fanime of next year. Haha, first we have to spring for a air brush so we can get all that crazy ass makeup. We do want to have his weapons function so it spins back and forth, so it promises to be pretty awesome

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #284
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
Mummie is dead! *Runs off crying*

Anywho, you may be keen to know that my friend Teartone is actually planning to do Flying Fox prolly by the end of this year or by Fanime of next year. Haha, first we have to spring for a air brush so we can get all that crazy ass makeup. We do want to have his weapons function so it spins back and forth, so it promises to be pretty awesome
Hehehehe.
AWESOME. I love your friend. I look forward to seeing it!! I was trying to get one of my friends to do Whiptail but she feels intimidated by the long tail/hat thing. I told her it's possible. But we already have Twilight Princess, Odin Sphere and Person 4 --groups we'll be doing for Fanime and other cons next year so I'm not sure if there will be any love for HS.

I don't know, it needs more love!
Unread 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #285
creed1706

Can someone please tell me how to make the hip armor for Nariko?????
creed1706 is offline   Reply With Quote