Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #286
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Just to keep this thread alive, Twing Twang 2 is coming along nicely. I've had a lot of fun sanding and sculpting the foam into place, and everything is covered in paper clay now. I just have to add that decorative spiral on the front handle and attach all the extra pieces and I could almost be ready to paint. Then I have to finish making all the mirrors, platforms, and extra little pieces. O_O Aaaannnd then spend two days making all the little swirlies again. Eh, for however complicated it looks, it's actually not that hard to make. Just time consuming. It entertains me to no end that the part I have the hardest time with are those little mirrors. XD

Oh and for those who aren't in the know: RIP Twing Twang the 1st

Sadly, while I was away from home, a huge storm came and destroyed my work room, and half the props inside it. Twing Twang 1 is now in about ten pieces. T_T I was already making the second one so it could be more durable and accurate, but I can't help but be sentimental for the loss. Goodbye TT1, you were very much loved and you helped me look awesome.

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

See my artsie shit at http://www.meanlilkitty.deviantart.com
Meanlilkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #287
creed1706

So...I'll ask again, Can someone please tell me how to make the hip armor for Nariko????? PLEASE!
creed1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #288
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creed1706 View Post
So...I'll ask again, Can someone please tell me how to make the hip armor for Nariko????? PLEASE!
Well most people seem to use Craft foam or wonderflex for armor pieces. It's light-weight, it's easy to mold and hold its place. You can layer up glue and even fabric in between the layers of glue to harden the craft foam.

You could possibly even use thick leather? But I think that would be a bit costly...

I cosplayed as Kai, but from doing armor pieces before I just figured I'd put in my two cents...even though I probably didn't help much T_T
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #289
creed1706

lol. Thanks. I was looking into maybe using wonderflex since I cant seem to find craft foam. I'm trying to figure out how to make a mold for the wonderflex but it has turned out to be way more difficult than I imagined it would be.
creed1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #290
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Ding Dong new Twing Twang is done! FINALLY!! I only started it and have postponed on it since last August...
It's funny, I loved Old Twing Twang so much, but after I finished the new one, the old one just started looking like complete shit! XD Well, I love my new baby, I have a few more repairs on Kai, but I can't wait until Fanime so I can show it off!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2445899/

Need props? I am always taking commissions! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/120339/

Unread 02-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #291
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
Ding Dong new Twing Twang is done! FINALLY!! I only started it and have postponed on it since last August...
It's funny, I loved Old Twing Twang so much, but after I finished the new one, the old one just started looking like complete shit! XD Well, I love my new baby, I have a few more repairs on Kai, but I can't wait until Fanime so I can show it off!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2445899/

Ohh~It looks nice! I was thinking of bringing my Kai to Fanime...but I don't know. I'm not sure how much room I'll have in the vehicle my friends will be taking. I already will have another crossbow to take (for my Mercedes costume) and it will be even bigger than my Kai one @___@!) Arrrg. We'll see.

I can't wait to see your twin twang in rl. It really looks awesome ^~^!!! Did you use that air-dry clay over like a foam mold?? o.o;
Unread 02-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #292
Meanlilkitty
Demonic Duo #1

Daw, thanks. I lurves my TT. I actually made with flower-grade styrofoam with paper clay over it. Paper clay isn't as fragile or brittle as typical clay and after a few days it gets really hard. It's funny, my new TT is longer and thicker than the old one, yet weighs less and more durable. My shoulder and neck will be so greatful. Now hopefully I can modify my holster so TT doesn't move around so much...
Ah well, if you don't bring Kai, at least I'll see you around the con and at some gatherings. I'll be bringing my Ilia costume and my Link with me, so at the least there will be the Zelda gathering. Maybe this time we should actually try to hang out XD

Unread 02-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #293
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanlilkitty View Post
Daw, thanks. I lurves my TT. I actually made with flower-grade styrofoam with paper clay over it. Paper clay isn't as fragile or brittle as typical clay and after a few days it gets really hard. It's funny, my new TT is longer and thicker than the old one, yet weighs less and more durable. My shoulder and neck will be so greatful. Now hopefully I can modify my holster so TT doesn't move around so much...
Ah well, if you don't bring Kai, at least I'll see you around the con and at some gatherings. I'll be bringing my Ilia costume and my Link with me, so at the least there will be the Zelda gathering. Maybe this time we should actually try to hang out XD
Yeah ^~^; I don't know...it sucks that I just won't have room for my twing twang. I might just go as Kai but like an original outfit. Like, something more casual. I tend to want to do that with characters I love XDD

I SHOULD be at the Zelda gathering in my Princess Agitha cosplay though!! :] So yeah. I'll be there all 3 days and day 0.
Unread 04-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #294
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Lol, I really should check these forums more often. ^_^
Unread 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #295
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtale View Post
Lol, I really should check these forums more often. ^_^
Definitely! Uhhhh I love your Nariko *~*!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to take pictures with you so bad.... D: You really did an amazing job.
Unread 04-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #296
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Thank you! There is the smallest, smallest of possibilities that I might be at Fanime. I don't know if I'll have the time, but some of my friends are trying to push me to go. I'll let you know if I do. ^_^
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #297
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Thank you! There is the smallest, smallest of possibilities that I might be at Fanime. I don't know if I'll have the time, but some of my friends are trying to push me to go. I'll let you know if I do. ^_^
That's awesome! I'm definitely going, but I really doubt I can bring my Kai. I won't have room for the crossbow. :[ I mean, if you went, I could possibly take the outfit for a photoshoot..but yah.. I dunno. It's sad.....
Unread 05-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #298
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Aw crap, of course now that I've said that, I can't go. Family stuff I've got to be home for and all that. Sorry! That would have been awesome!
Unread 05-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #299
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Aw crap, of course now that I've said that, I can't go. Family stuff I've got to be home for and all that. Sorry! That would have been awesome!
Awww, it's okay... :'[!!! Some day we will be able to get a photoshoot done. It will be epic! :O
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #300
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Definitely ^_^