Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #46
Melisande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post

As for HOW they actually separate, I have no idea lol but my dad and I figured out an easy (if not time consuming) way to separate them. I say time consuming because it'll take a few minutes to separate them, when in reality it should be instant lol. Here's the progress I have so far on those:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1274927

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1274928

I won't get another chance to work on them for a while due to vacations lol so that's it for the swords for now xD
Wow, that's really impressive. I'm also planning on making a Nariko costume (my first XD), would you mind if I used these photos to make my sword patterns?

Random question: how large are you guys planning on making your swords?
Melisande is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #47
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Sure, you can use my pictures ^^ Thanks for asking ^^ this is the picture I used as a reference:

http://www.yoink.ca/stuff/wallpapers/hs_03_1440x900.jpg

I scaled it down and my sword ended up being 4 feet when together and each is about 2 1/2 feet when separate. It looks about 5 feet in game, but that's just to long for me lol

ps. I'm almost done with the game xD one more boss battle to go!
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #48
Marika

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacaena View Post
and omg where did you get that letter opener? that's wicked! my friends about stole the display in our mall for me but none of them had the guts kinda pathetic
^^; I got it from our Sony rep. Usually the manager gets the freebies, but because he was off that day, I got them instead. As for the displays, usually if you ask the managers, they'll be willing to give the standees away at the end of their marketing period if no one on staff has already spoken for it. I figured that since it took me a half hour to assemble her (turned out it was fold the sides in and the braces down -_- ), I might as well take her home instead of letting her get trashed.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #49
Super Tsuki
月の猫

I decided to start working on Kai's little knickknacks on her hat.

Progress OHOYYY!
And many possibles!

deviantART
Super Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #50
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

woo you bumped this thread before I did xD I can't wait to see progress on your Kai hat!! I'm working on mine at the moment as well, though I've missplaced my circle template and that is a crucial piece of the puzzle *-*

As for my progress? I finished my leg warmers:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1304224

EDIT: I just finished styling my Kai wig, here's a pic:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1304294

it can't really been seen too well...I don't know how to use HP's camera...

Also my dad's home from his vacation and hopefully we're going to start working on my sword soon xD I can't wait, progress of that hopefully tomarrow

Last edited by Xavietta : 10-23-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Unread 10-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #51
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Yay for the bumping! Yeah, I have tons of paper clay, gesso and paint from Sailor Moon broaches for my cosplay group. I figured i could get SOMETHING done. ^.^;;

Your progress looks so good! And on the leg warmer picture you said you got your Nariko wig in? Does it look as good as it did on the seller's picture?
And many possibles!

deviantART
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #52
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

thank you ^^ are you going to post pictures of your progress?

yes the wig is amazing! Both wigs in fact, they're such good quality and awesome prices...especialy the Nariko one; it's 4 1/2 feet long and it cost less than $40 with shipping xD

I ordered some wig detangler from Katie Bair (I've never used it before, but I've heard it's really good) And I'm waiting for that to arrive before I start styling it...as soon as I took it out of the package and moved it around a little it got tangled and I don't want to make it worse xD in the mean time I'm going to continue to make more wefts and finish up everything for Kai...and of course start on my swords (hopefully today!! xD)
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #53
Adamoluna

got base wigs for Kai and Noriko, though Kai's suck so I'm thinking of buying a new one.
Noriko's is perfect though; it reaches my ankles and is semi-thick and realistic-looking. Only problem is... it's blonde :/
Anyone knowhow to dye a (not real hair) wig from blonde to fiery red?
Adamoluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #54
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Adamoluna: Cool! I can't wait to see your progress Check out the "Wigs and Hair" forum for dying tips. I know there's a "sharpie method" and "ink dye method" and you can always go to Katie Bair's site for pre-mixed dyes:

http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigsupplies_dye.html

I'm using the "ink dye method" to darken my Nariko wig. I tested it on some tiny wefts I made and it works really well, but even on practice pieces it was messy, so I don't know what I'm going to do for the whole wig xD

I finished my circlet:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1305554

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...lcletFront.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...ircletSide.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...ircletBack.jpg

And also recieved my tabi socks from eBay...they are weird to wear *-* I'm going to finish Kai's hat this weekend and also start on her dress; I bought and dyed the fabric, but it needs to be a little bit darker, more progress pictures soon
Unread 10-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #55
Adamoluna

yay! thanks a lot xavietta!
I think I'll be buying one after all though. it would cost the same in the end
Adamoluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:42 AM   #56
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

This thread rocks. A bunch of my friends have been telling me that I look like Nariko and that I should cosplay her - it doesn't hurt that she's completely kick ass either. But I was hoping to get a couple more opinions on the matter so if you guys have a few minutes, would you mind looking at my gallery and telling me how strong you think the resemblance is? From my observations, I look like her when she's in profile but not head on. Thanks!
Foxtale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:27 AM   #57
Melisande

Yay, I'm glad this thread is active again.

@xavietta Wow, your circlet looks perfect. You're pretty much done with your costume aside from the sword and the wig, aren't you? I'm so jealous, I'm still working on the patterns for mine. >.<

@Foxtale You really do look like her in profile but straight on, your face is more "girly" than hers. She looks slightly manly in the game. But on the other hand, there doesn't seem to be 1 defined face for Nariko because I've seen a Heavenly Sword commercial where her face is much more "girly" than it actually is in the game and the same goes for some of the concept art. I think the devs had trouble picking out a final face for her, lol.
Melisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:35 AM   #58
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Thanks
Foxtale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #59
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Melisande: Thank you ^^ yeah it's pretty much done; I have to colour/style the wig, figure out something for the shoes and finish my sword (I decided to use the fiberglass/foam technique because plastic is heavy lol)

I also have a lot of work to do on Kai, she'll be finished soon enough as well

Foxtale: You do look like Nariko ^^ but that shouldn't be the reason you cosplay her...Anyway I think you'd be awesome as her feel free ro roam around this thread if you need help or have advice for others ^^
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:18 PM   #60
Super Tsuki
月の猫

Foxtale: You should cosplay Nariko! You have some of the same facial features as her. If you are willing to do it why not go for it? Especially if you like her so much. Nothing much to loose if you try!

And many possibles!

deviantART