Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #61
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Lol, I'd love to, but if I do cosplay her it won't be any time soon. Unfortunately my plate is rather full already, lol. Thanks so much though, I'll definitely keep her in mind ^^
Foxtale is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #62
Melisande

This may be a bit much to ask but, does anybody know exactly how Nariko attaches the Heavenly Sword to the back of her outfit to carry around? I can't for the life of me figure out how she does it! I know it has something to do with the lavender cords on the back of her costume and that little round circle of leather (or whatever it is) but I'm lost as far as the actual logistics go.

I'm just asking because I'm not sure how well my two swords are going to fit together so I don't know if I'll be able to carry them as 1 piece around the con. Given this, I'm also rather unenthusiastic about carrying around 2 rather large swords and effectively leaving myself no hands free to do anything.
Melisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #63
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Milisande: *-* I have no idea lol I've been looking at the pictures over and over and I still can't figure it out...The only thing I can think of is to have some sort of hooks or hangers that fit into the holes cut out in the swords; that way the swords would just "hang" on your back like they do in the game. I might do something like that for mine for Ohayocon.

On another note, I finished my Nariko and my friend's Kai xD :

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1315782

I have to fix a lot for our next con. I don't really like how my sword turned out, I mean it's OK, but it's not anything like I wanted it to be. The damn separating mechanism gave me so much trouble ... but I am definitely remaking it and I have 2 1/2 monthes to figure it out xD and HP seems pretty excited that I'm going to make her a crossboxw xD

Last edited by Xavietta : 11-03-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #64
Melisande

Wow xavietta, that looks amazing! Your sword looks fine, it just needs some more details imo.

If you don't mind dispensing a bit more advice, how does your separating mechanism work? I know in the game, they just sort of overlap them on one another and somehow the circle on the second blade makes it stick together. Is that what you're doing with yours?
Unread 11-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #65
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thank you ^^ yeah I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, but I agree, the lack of details is what bothers me lol

on mine the circle was removable resulting in a total 3 parts: the 2 swords plus the circle. The circle was removedo they could separate, then put back on the sword underneath, as in the picture. It's a little hard to explain as I don't have pictures or anything.

Like I said I'm remaking it, and I'll take more progress pictures of how it all actually works so it makes better sense xD I have to figure out a better way of getting them to stay together though; we thought of magnets, but they weren't strong enough...
Unread 11-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #66
thrasher

can anyone post some likes to reference pictures of the heavenly sword both in heavy and speed mode?

Last edited by thrasher : 11-04-2007 at 01:02 AM.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 03:06 AM   #67
Melisande

@thrasher: I have a pic of the HS in strength mode in my user gallery (it's the only pic I have, lol). Xavietta uploaded pics of her sword patterns earlier in this thread that give a good idea of what it's supposed to look like in speed stance.
Unread 11-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #68
thrasher

thanks for the help melisande, but a rely need detailed pics of the speed stance. the patterns xavietta uploaded are great but don't rely show the detailed I'm looking for.
I have some rely good pics of the heavy stance now on my gallery check it out, I tryed posting a derect link to it but my post just keep geting voided.

anyway any help with reference on the speed stance would rely help. thanx
Unread 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #69
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thrasher: The only good picture I could find was this one:

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...rikosword7.jpg

Hope that helps ^^
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #70
Melisande

I've been using the Heavenly Sword ad in the November issue of EGM magazine for my speed stance reference pic. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, so I don't have a digital copy.
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #71
thrasher

xavietta: how do you post likes to other pages?

found a great pic of nariko in speed stance, very detailed. it's on my gallery

Last edited by thrasher : 11-06-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #72
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Wow that picture is amazing! Where did you find that?? To post a link just copy the address and paste it right in the text box of your reply.
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #73
thrasher

xavietta: I got it in my constent rumeging looking for reference pics in some forum, I had to erase my gallery for fear of a warning from the administrators. heres it is though
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...63e76314_o.jpg

I also ran across a pic of you in you nariko costume at some event, I didn't see it in your gallery so if you don't have it here that is

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...9659602&size=o
Unread 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #74
thrasher

: )

Last edited by thrasher : 12-07-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Unread 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #75
Vani
Mer Lady

I just found this thread today, and am so excited with all of the Heavenly Sword cosplays I have seen thus far, and can't wait to see more!
I decided (after a haitus from costuming) that I have to cosplay Nariko!... She's just too awesome. I was pretty much sold when I saw that Andy Serkis was not only in the game, but was involved in the direction of it. But watching the actual footage, etc. ...it's AMAZING!
I don't really have a deadline for finishing Nariko, but probably will have it done some time early next year.
This thread is VERY helpful! So thank you so much to all who have contributed!
Vani is offline   Reply With Quote