Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #76
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

woooo this thread's not dead! xD I have started a Flying Fox cosplay for my boyfriend that will be worn with my Nariko and my friend's Kai at Ohayocon, progress pictures coming soon

Chocho: cool! I can't wait to see your cosplay the cutscenes in the game are unbelieveable. As much as I love Nariko my favourite character is King Bohan, Andy Serkis is so awesome xD
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #77
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I have officially started my Nariko and will also be wearing it at Ohayocon.

Xavietta: I cannot wait to see your Flying Fox! I love his character and wanted my boyfriend to cosplay him, but I have no idea how to pull off his blades on his back. I cannot wait to see you pics! By the way, I saw you at Youmacon, and your Nariko costume is awesome!

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Possible planned cosplays:
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #78
Vani
Mer Lady

xavietta: ooo! a flying fox! that's going to be amazing!! i love progress pictures, so i can't wait to see your beautiful work. i'm really excited to start my nariko cosplay... it's a bit BOLD (if you know what i mean haha), but looks like a lot of fun to wear.

melima331: can't wait to see your nariko cosplay!! ...you're gonna look awesome.

and to everyone else, too: i wanted to share a link that has nariko-ish fabrics! some even have a dragon print on them.
http://www.goodorient.com/Fabric_C320

good luck on your cosplays everyone!
Vani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #79
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Melima331: xD I'll have my Nariko at Ohayocon as well, hope to see you there ^^

For Fox's blades I'm using 1/4 inch masonite (spelling?) it's pretty strong, but a little hard to cut and shape. And rather than try and fit 13 blades on his back I'm only doing 6 lol I'm thinking they're going to be bolted under a round piece of wood so they can swivel open and closed. Then I'm making a separate blade out of insulation foam for him to hold and pose with. I'm about 40% done now, so I'll post a couple pix within the week ^^

Choco: Thanks for the link! They have some beautiful fabric there ^^ I think get what you mean about bold... I opted for shorts with stockings underneath so it's not too revealing lol

I got my fabric in the Christmas section at Jo-Ann's, it's perfect white with gold swirls, but no dragons.... I just bought a few stencils though that I can add other designs to it so it's not so plain lol
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #80
Vani
Mer Lady

Xavietta: I did see your gorgeous Nariko cosplay and thought it was smart of you to wear the shorts instead! I'm gonna try to shoot for the undies, but we'll see how I feel by the time I'm finished with the costume and ready to wear it. haa haa
Stencils! That's a good idea. I'll have to keep that one in mind.
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:24 AM   #81
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Chocho: thank you ^^ I think I might brave the undies as well...I'm still debating though lol The stencil idea worked out really well, here's a pic:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1343445

I think it looks a little dark, but there's nothing I can do about it and I like it anyway ^^

I started working on my Kai crossbow, I'll have some pictures tomarrow of that and my Flying Fox blades
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #82
Vani
Mer Lady

xavietta: OH MAN!! that came out looking amazing!! I can't wait to see it all over your costume... gonna look so cool!
Can't wait to see more of your progress pictures and weapons!
I've never made anything remotely close to weapons or props, so... trying to make Nariko's sword is going to be an adventure. lol
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:22 AM   #83
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Chocho: Thank you ^^ I'm really happy with it xD If you've never made props before I suggest not trying to make them separate *-* although I'm not a grandmaster swordmaker, I've made my share of weapons, but this separating thing is driving me nuts lol

So far the insulation foam with cheeseloth method works fantastic, it's a little tedious but totally worth it. And the materials are rather cheap so it's easy to experiment

As for more progress, due to the fact I'm going in for surgery on Friday (nothing major, just wisdom teeth lol) I won't be making ANY progress for about a week but after that it's back to work xD
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #84
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

This is my first time making a weapon as well. I am using the insulation foam method. My boyfriend is in charge of that project (He drafted the sword and it has been cut out of the foam). I will try to post pics as soon as I can.

Xavietta: I had my wisdom teeth out (all 4) about 4 years ago. I went to a Lord of the Rings convention the next day in Toronto. I felt sore, but as long as I didn't take the vicoden, I was fine. Hopefully everything goes well with you!

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Possible planned cosplays:
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #85
TheRedBombshell
Emily Strange's Alter Ego

This thread will live! Live I say! LOL

OMGosh! This thread is so helpful, and inspiring! I'm planning to cosplay Nariko as well, for Phoenix ComiCon in January. This will be my first con I'm making my costume. *hopes for the best*

If anyone needs reference pictures of Nariko, please don't hesitate to pm me. I have a lot of them, at different angles and most of them are Photoshop (big/medium) files. Let me know which angles, if this is the case.

~still working on the pattern (*....i'm a little slow, for now); Just have my measurements. I'll post pix here and my gallery.

Namaste

EDIT: Xavietta- that is awesome work with the stencil! I can't wait to see everyone else's progress!

Last edited by TheRedBombshell : 12-09-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: forgot something...
TheRedBombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #86
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Well with 4 less teeth in my mouth and a whole week of relaxing behind me I have some exciting progress xD

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1352723

I have been working non-stop since friday and yay! my swords separate! It turns out all I needed were stronger magnets. I can post more detailed pix if anyone wants them, but basically there's a magnet in the circle part and on the bottom sword and that circle part comes off and is what holds it all together ^^ and to me it looks like the grey swords handle is too long..but I don't care! This is my new favourite prop (Sorry Kalina Ann )

Melima331: I can't wait to see pix and yeah kudos for being able to even walk after having your teeth pulled lol I ventured out 4 days after and almost passed out at the fabric store xD But it's all good now

Red: Hey there! Glad to see you posting here I'm exctited about all the Narikos there'll be running around lol I have about a million photos, but not a lot that are really good quality, I'll let you know if I need more ^^
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #87
XElegantUsagiX
Entraped Elegance

Xavietta: What did you do to darken your Nariko wig? Dye? Ink? I'm curious because I rather like a more copper red version but I haven't been able to find a wig that's even close to what I want. Also did you put in your wefts before or after you did the over all covering.

XxElegantUsagixX
XElegantUsagiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #88
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

XElegantUsagiX: I darkened it with diluted ink. wefts...wefts...well there are no wefts on the wig, it just so happens that it went up into a ponytail good enough to where I didn't need them. There are, however, wefts on the circlet (and I made them, then darkened them, then attached them): in the small holes on the sides and one lining the large hole in the back to give the illusion that the hair is fuller.

As busy as I am I'm really considering re-doing my wig. Maybe salvaging the ponytail, but styling a new base...I've had no luck finding a wig in the length AND shade of red I want though...
Unread 12-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #89
XElegantUsagiX
Entraped Elegance

See I really want to do it in more of a Copper Red... but alas I haven't been able to find extensions that would be a close match even with dye....I'm actually thinking about adding some dreads in mine just randomly ya know. Giving it more of a stringy effect

XxElegantUsagixX
XElegantUsagiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #90
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

I like the idea of dreads! I might do that it I end up fixing mine ^^ Well, what I did was buy a bright red wig and bright red extensions and dyed them both the same way with black ink. It got screwy with the extentsions though; they didn't dye consistantly at all *-* some of the strands weren't even dyed and some of them turned black (?) but, it made for an interesting effect, so I'm happy with it lol

If anyone's interested I commissioned a circlet for TheRedBombshell and I have a pretty good method of making them so if anyone wants one let me know, the price is $50 including shipping ^^

EDIT: I finished painting my swords and I love them ^^ :
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1355179

And also here's a pic of where the magnets are:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1355178

Last edited by Xavietta : 12-12-2007 at 03:07 AM.