Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-24-2007, 04:42 AM   #91
Amethyst Angel
Hoop Skirt Fetishist

Hi ho. Made some notes about my Nariko Sword project here in my blog:

http://proplady.livejournal.com/tag/nariko+sword

I like the magnet idea, but I think my swords may wind up being too heavy for that. (I was thinking perhaps a small metal hook concealed in one of the handles that could connect the two blades somehow. Anyone got any ideas?)

Amethyst's Prop Blog
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cosplayer's Prop and Armor Compendium
I'VE NOW GOT STYRENE FOR SALE!!
Check out my NEW ETSY STORE!
Amethyst Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #92
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

lol I know what you mean about inconsistant reference pictures *-* It looks great so far though ^^ What material are you using? If it's too heavy for magnets I hope it's not to heavy to wield I was going to use 3/4" plastic until I found out how insanely heavy it was lol

My "magnets in the circle medallion thing" was the only idea I could figure out...I found that if you stack the magnets they're stronger, if that helps...I'll let you know if I think of anything else though ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #93
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Since this is my first prop, I did not want to even try to have them separate. I only have a week left to finish my costume, so I am getting nervous. It will finished enough to wear for Ohayocon, but I may not have all the details worked out before then. This is also the first time I am sewing anything from scratch, and I am very new to the sewing scene.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #94
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

One small post for me, one giant bump for the Heavenly Sword thread xD

So with Ohayocon 2008 over and plans for '09 already in the works I am HELL BENT on getting these damn cosplays perfect. For now here's what we looked like a the con:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1371237

I wasn't able to finish Kai's crossbow and I had some last minute wardrobe malfunctions that forced me to dye my hair 'Nariko Red' and wear jeans instead of the belt/skirt, but! My boyfriend's Flying Fox costume turned out pretty cool. People were more impressed when the blades were open so that's how they were most of the time xD

Maybe someday these costumes will be perfect and I can put them to rest, so until then I'll continue improving them ^^
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #95
Amethyst Angel
Hoop Skirt Fetishist

Wo hoo! The neodynium magnets I ordered seem to be working for the sword project. I used 4 pairs (and dug out the 20 or so pairs of storebought magnets that I embedded into the blade before.) Now I'm using epoxy to create the details on both sword handles. I'll post progress in my blog:

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this soon, as I'm dying to know how it will turn out!

Amethyst's Prop Blog
Unread 01-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #96
miyavilover666

Hiya guys...can i have your help i want to cosplay heavenly sword..but don't know which to cosplay..i made a thread on it earlier..but i thing only one person responded..i need to know how i would look better cosplaying..i was thinking Nariko becouse i am taller and more broad seeing i am 6'1 and well..not fat. but..broad you know...please tell me what you think... look fot the other thread if you wouldn't mind..... Or i will edit this later with the link.. (sorry i am at school and can not open photo bucket. T-T
Tuxedo Mask- Sailor Moon 45% done
Kaworu- Evengelion 90% done
Dr. Stein- Soul Eater 49% done
Secret Cosplay- Something Secrety (lol) 25% done
Hime- Princess Resurrection 75% done
I was featured on Otaku House Representing America, check me out here!
miyavilover666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #97
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Amethyst Angel: That's a lot of magnets!! xD I've seen your other work and you sculpt very well, I'm excited to see how this turns out ^^

miyavilover666: I was the one who answered your other thread ^^ Simply based on your height I would say go with Nariko, I can't see a 6 foot tall Kai running around lol I've never had trouble picking who I want to cosplay so I don't really know what else to tell you Good luck though with whoever you choose
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #98
Semigloss
somewhere in between

HI i'm new, i'll try not to be annoying

So I'm right now in the initial planning stages of a Kai costume and what I could really use are detailed pics of Kai. I've looked all over the internet (probably not in the right places lol).

And! does anyone have ideas for what her dress-thing could be made of? I would like to stay away from cotton quilting fabric...it's more like a leather type of thickness, from what I've seen.
Semigloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #99
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Semigloss: Hi there ^^ Here are the pix I was able to find of Kai:

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/Xavietta/Kai/

Some of them may need to be lightened to see the details though

As far as materials, for my friends Kai dress:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1371237

I used thick stretch knit fabric, I don't know the actual "technical" name...It was white and I dyed it the greenish colour then cut a piece off for the front circle, gloves and socks and dyed it darker. For the belt (which I need to add details to) I just used un-bleached muslin fabric. I plan on adding the swirl designs...eventually lol

Hope this helps ^^
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #100
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I may be making a Kai as well (hopefully for Acen). I love her character and think it will be fun to run around a con like her (I'll be her one day, then Nariko the next). I think the hat may be the hardest, Xavietta-your kai hat looks great! I hope mine will come out half as good.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)

Last edited by Melima331 : 01-13-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling error
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #101
Semigloss
somewhere in between

Melima331: I agree, the hat looks like it would be the hardest part, especially since i've never actually made a hat before... ^*^

Xavietta: Melima was right, that hat does look excellent. and OMG Thank you for those pics! They were pretty much exactly what I was looking for! thanks thanks thanks a bunch As for the fabric, I thought about the stretchy material but I think I want to be really detailed...I'll probably just end up walking around a fabric store to see what I find....

I've never dyed anything either...wow I'm so noob lol
Unread 01-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #102
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Mwlima331: Thank you ^^ yay Kai! Your Nariko was awesome and I can't wait to see you go from the 'serious/determined' Nariko to the 'smiley/somewhat insane' Kai xD

Semigloss: Thank you ^^ and you're welcome xD I was actually looking for pictures of the crossbow and ended up finding good shots of her whole costume. I opted for stretch fabric because my friend is insanely picky about comfort lol It worked well though and I recomend it based on comfort especially if you're going to be doing crazy Kai poses you want the fabric to move with you. Ooh! There's a fabric, I think it's called microsuede...anyway it looks like leather but is thin and stretchy. It runs about $12/yard though it's comfortable and pretty easy to work with. Do you have a jo-ann fabrics near you? That's where I've bought it. sorry for the lengthy response lol
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #103
Semigloss
somewhere in between

hmm microsuede...good idea, i'll look for it...i do have a jo-ann fabrics near me, actually right down the road from my school. coolness

thanks for your suggestion. btw, i'm more for accuracy than comfort
Unread 01-15-2008, 03:24 AM   #104
Amethyst Angel
Hoop Skirt Fetishist

Whew. Got most of the construction of the sword finish and have posted more pics:

Amethyst's Prop Blog
Unread 01-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #105
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Semigloss: lol I'm more for acuracy than comfort too xD but my friend HP...if it's not comfortable she won't wear it

Amethyst angle: !! that looks totaly cool I want to remake my sword now I don't like mine at all lol what material did you use to sculpt the handles?