Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-19-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

I lost so much weight I had to get a new belt

Greetings all,

I'm sooooooooo happy! I used to have a 64-66 inch belt but after losing 18 pounds in the last 2 and a half months and 3 new holes I had to put into my old belt I now have a new 54-56 inch belt.

My diet consists of about 2 meals a day, no deepfried foods, no regular soda and no fast food. Infact, this is my 3rd day with no soda what-so-ever.

I also joined a gym that is right next to my work for 25 a month no contract. purely a month by month basis.

I can fit into a XXXL but it's a little tight but I hope to be down to a XXL shirt by AX.

I hope to get down to a XL by Ani-Magic in October.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

congrats! *hugs*
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
Hotaru's Sister
Uber Sporto

=.= Lucky lucky you. I've only managed to lose 2 pounds since January ^^() You really are doing a good job. I am finally exercising regularly though so i may catch up in terms of pounds lost. I'm on the last notch of my belt and I refuse to get another one. I'm an XXL, but I want to reach L by Otakon.
Hotaru's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 03:19 PM   #4
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Thanks you two... I'm trying to give up soda because giving up soda will make me loose a lot more weight. I was taking 2 PE classes at college and now that those are over I joined a gym.

I used to weigh 339 now I weigh 321.

I hope to be at 300 or there-abouts by AX this July.

Whatever you do... do NOT starve yourself. if you don't eat regularly your body will store the food as fat knowing that you don't eat a lot. Try to eat 2 times a day with a healthy snack inbetween. 3 appropreate meals a day with 2 healty snacks is best.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
Kurenai

Yaaay good luck with your plans It's always nice to hear success stories
Kurenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
Hotaru's Sister
Uber Sporto

*nod nod* I try to eat regularly, but it's hard since I work at a Doctors office with no lunch break. «.« My dad had a wedding recption on Saturday though sp we have tons of left over food, which makes it easy to put together good meals (one scoop from this bag, few potatoes from this...)

Right now I'm 214, but I'm only 5'4"
Hotaru's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 04:39 PM   #7
minako chan
too old to be here...

Well, my hats off to you! >^-^< I wish I had that much willpower, but I'm a slave to candy...
minako chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #8
cube

just 2 meals a day? I couldn't handle that. I need 3 plus all the snacking in between ^_^. I heard somewhere it's better to have 3 meals a day although I'm not sure why?
Unread 05-19-2003, 06:33 PM   #9
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Re: I lost so much weight I had to get a new belt

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!! ^^ Don't give up when you hit a plateau, 'cause those will eventually break through.

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeBoeing
My diet consists of about 2 meals a day, no deepfried foods, no regular soda and no fast food. Infact, this is my 3rd day with no soda what-so-ever.

I also joined a gym that is right next to my work for 25 a month no contract. purely a month by month basis.
Joe
That sounds a lot like my regular all-the-time lifestyle - I eat brunch & dinner (I get up around noon because I have weird work hours), and stay away from fast food, deep fried, & soda of all kinds. Healthy snacks in between, any time. Drink tea, water, soy milk, some orange juice. And of course I do martial arts every week. For ref: I weigh 128 at almost 5'9".

When you consistently eat somewhat less, your stomach WILL eventually adjust to the smaller portions as "normal", and treat your former portion sizes as "too much". And when you consistently exercise, you will eventually feel restless when you do NOT exercise. That helps too.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 06:57 PM   #10
DarkMynd

no exersise, 2 meals a day, no snacks, i havent drinken soda in like... 5 months, dont know why, just kindof a spur of the moment decision... i should exercise, lose a few more lbs... but im at 188 right now hovering at 6'1'' ... ppl called me a "too tall Alucard" at ACen ;__;
DarkMynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 07:07 PM   #11
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Yay! Congrats! ^.^ *claps and throws confetti*..*eats the confetti*

DarkMynd: The taller, the cooler. Ignore what they say ^^
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #12
Hellspawn

That's great man! Keep it up. Just don't overdo it ok?
Hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 07:36 PM   #13
DarkMynd

thx... im not exactly dietying tho :P i just like to stay under 200 lbs... just makes me feel better.. dunno why... and YES i totally didnt think i was too tall for Alucard... *HMPH* stupid ADV ppl... those limey bastards heckled me everytime i walked by... until they eventually begged me for a picture with my friend as Celes.. so HAHAHHA.. victory was MINE !!! >=D
DarkMynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 08:36 PM   #14
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

awesome job !!!!!!

Yeah, I found trying to cut down on the soda has been the most beneficial thing in my diet, although I still have the occasional can every now and then....its all wasted calories.

*thumbs up* congrats!
Unread 05-19-2003, 09:29 PM   #15
evilchii
amirite?

aww! congratulations!! i'm so happy for you!

something that i was told when i was trying to lose a major amount of weight is to make sure you also visit your family health advisor or physician if you haven't already done so. any kind of major weight loss (or gain) can lead to serious heath risks in the future.

i wish you the best of luck!

Last edited by evilchii : 05-19-2003 at 09:38 PM.
evilchii is offline   Reply With Quote