Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-19-2003, 08:48 PM   #1
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

battlescars and post-con recoveries

Well, I just checked a scale and I did lose a little weight. That's kinda scarey...I'm under 100 lbs officially now. (Must quickly go order Chinese food...) Yes, direct sunlight + Darcia costume = instant diet...It's amazing I survived like six hours in that thing - I was expecting I'd give in after one or two.

So I hope everyone out there is sleeping and eating properly again. And Lilli better be taking a nap right now. (I hope you made it home okay and that I didn't give you really messed up directions in the middle of the night, there ^_^*)
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
kylash327
PlasticGeek.com

I think I slept a total of 4 hours the entire weekend and ate an egg mcmuffin, a small bag of candy that came in a gashpon I bought, a bottle of pepsi, code red, and fruit works for the entire weekend ^_^;
kylash327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
carly579
Voice of Kiriko Misaki^^

I drank every flavor of faygo known to man in my room at the con. thank you venus! man was it just me or was the hotel food really expensive? I watched a guy that hated sushi down like a 100 boxes of it 'cause he was so hungry!
carly579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 09:08 PM   #4
Saeru
What is life w/o meaning?

I thank everyone in Line on Saturday. I got my meals from the varios cookies and candies they gave to me for handing them registration forms. ^_^

Though yeah....I seem to have lost some extra pounds myself. x-x
Its not too bad, though. Its just fat, right?
Lifting those wings gave me a bit more muscle. Yay for wings!

Saeru
Saeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Thanks to Ayaka's mom who *literally* brought us 2 small suitcases of food, we were pretty well fed for the entire weekend.

However, I am glad that I'm back to a normal sleeping schedule... well, normal for me anyway. ;-)

So for the next con we are *so* packing food, drinks, etc to feed a small army. :)
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:02 PM   #6
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Lesee.....Chips,Cheese cubes and coke......that got annoying. -.-
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:26 PM   #7
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

My parents make sure there is enough food, but I refused to eat while I was there. Especially when I was wearing the Dizzy outfit(too self-consious), I had some stuff afterwards in the con suite but it wasn't really anything. My breakfast consisted of a little carton of milk, and my lunch was part of a Nestle Bananna milk, and then dinner was basically finishing the bottle of bananna milk(split with cousins) and a few carrots +broccoli. Dang this makes me sound so anorexic. I was too occupied to eat, and forgot. I got back weighing 89 pounds. It is only water weight though that I lost, I don't really think there should be anything I should be losing. I caught up on eating all today though. Probably back up to 90s. Yeeeeeah Dim-sum! for lunch and then Thai food for dinner!! ^-^
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 01:11 AM   #8
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

I think I lost a bit of weight though I haven't checked to make sure . . . I didn't sleep or eat too badly, in comparison to other cons. The con suite was a big help for me this year. Dunno why I've never gone before! It's wonderful of ACen to do that, and it was also a cool way to chill with new people.

And while I didn't contribute significantly to feeding cosplay.com people, I *did* give a box of goldfish crackers Irvy left in our room to Merle-kun (though I didn't recognize him out of costume! O_O *feels stupid*).

On the battlescars front, I am featuring a rather nasty cut/raw area on the back of one ankle from Toboe's boots. ><
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 01:45 AM   #9
Menchi
Tee hee <3

lol...post on recovery. so far it was waking up dead tired after sleeping an wantin to sleep more. then eating like a million things that will prolyl put weigh on me. then being lightheaded an dizzy. but as for scars...i got an nice huge scrape on my heel (stupid shoes) an jsu wanna sleep more ;-;
Unread 05-20-2003, 02:36 AM   #10
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

My migraine is kinda-sorta still here.

My shoulder from carrying my laptop case still hurts...my bf should be giving me a back rub pretty soon.,...

Hm....need to sleep in some place comfy tonite. I ended up on the couch when I got home.
Unread 05-20-2003, 04:32 AM   #11
limebarb
As Lime as a Barb can be

Not only are the Chii's feet completely ruined for about a week, but my hand (Link) is officialy nerve-dead.

That and we never got more than a few hours sleep. It's cool though, I just slept while driving home.
limebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 07:08 AM   #12
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Battlescars.......oh yeah,getting scratched all over when retrieving darcia's wig,and the nasty little scrape I had when I was K'9999.
Unread 05-20-2003, 07:57 AM   #13
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

Quote:
Originally posted by limebarb
Not only are the Chii's feet completely ruined for about a week, but my hand (Link) is officialy nerve-dead.

That and we never got more than a few hours sleep. It's cool though, I just slept while driving home.
ouch, I feel sorry for your feet and hand.

I wanted to see your Chii costume...or did I, I guess my memory is pretty bad. I also tried finding your shop in the convention center and no luck.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:31 AM   #14
moo
I shall wake up Sensei.

I too would like to thank Ayaka's mum for bringing those suitcases full of grub! It was mucho appreciated. ^^

As for battlescars, I got attacked by some psycho Urd cosplayer. I don't know what the hell was wrong with her, but scratching at me and kicking my knee (hard enough to leave a bruise) was NOT appreciated.

I heard stories about other cosplayers getting attacked by creeps... what a violent con this was! >_<

Despite the brainstemless morons who cannot differentiate between fictional characters and real people cosplaying them, I had a great time at ACen on account of all the Sakura Taisen goodness and seeing various friends and acquaintances again.
moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:40 AM   #15
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

Indeed...I have heard stories of such morons.I wonder why they never try to attack fighting game character cosplayers?