Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 105 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
Devil May Cry Cosplay

There isn't a Devil May Cry thread yet?

Blasphemy!

Well DMC4 is coming up really fast and I can't be the only one oogling over its new costumes now can I? Heck, I am still oogling over all the costumes from the other games! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else out there has made/is making/plans on making something from DMC and wants to talk about it.

Right now I am working on Lady from DMC4, Dante Alternate from DMC 3, the Kalina Ann, and Nevan (the guitar, not the woman)

Anyone else working on anything?

Last edited by aBrokenBullet : 09-23-2007 at 05:23 PM. Reason: *tot
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light
 
KittyCatChi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 668
yes! DMC thread! XD
Currently i'm working on Dante's jacket from DMC1, and then after Yaoi-con i'll be attacking Trish's new outfit from DMC4 @_@ the designs on her top and pants scare the crap outta me D=
__________________
"That cunning perception is your personality.But you're too keen, that even your thoughtfulness can corner the others. You corrupt people."
Next con?~ LBCC
Costumes:
~Amethyst Ashe-League of Legends
~Clea Strange -Defenders/Dr. Strange
~???
KittyCatChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky
 
Link_Harkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 330
*raises hand* I got an award from the directors of the anime for my Dante costume. Custom variation combining DMC1 and 4's designs. Gonn'a be rebuilding and doing a straight DMC1/Anime version soon enough. I could do without Dante's cowboy boot covers in DMC4...but the rest of the outfit...*drools in anticipation of building costume.* That's not mentioning when I get Rebellion, Force Edge, and Sparda(Sword, not Demon Daddy) build.
__________________
Cosplays in Progress
The 13th Doctor - Doctor Who 95%
Still need to get - Couple clothing items...and a Paralyzer Blaster.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events


"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCatChi View Post
yes! DMC thread! XD
Currently i'm working on Dante's jacket from DMC1, and then after Yaoi-con i'll be attacking Trish's new outfit from DMC4 @_@ the designs on her top and pants scare the crap outta me D=
DMC 4 Trish? Sweet!! I love her costume too and yes, those designs do look very intimidating O_O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
*raises hand* I got an award from the directors of the anime for my Dante costume.
Ooh wow, thats really impressive!
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
vasher
Just a touch contra
 
vasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 504
Just wanted to say that I support y'all.

I have vague ideas of another DMC project down the line, but I want to get a bit more experience using fiberglass first.
__________________
~Rosencreuz Orden: Easy on, Easy off~ <3
vasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
ooh fiberglass. I love fiberglass (well, except for the dust, smell, and stickiness U_U)

So I started my DMC 4 Lady cosplay today... and all I have to say is that this fake leather stuff is bitch, especially when dealing with it in multiple layers -_-.
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy
 
Archelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,568
Mark my words, I will cosplay DMC4 Dante. I don't know when I'll do it. I don't know how I'll do it.

But I will do it.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
Scoti
Lv. 99
 
Scoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,463
For over a year I've been planning out DMC3 Vergil but progress is a bit slow right now. I'm taking my time to hand embroider the coat, vest, and boots but I aim to have it done for early 2008.
__________________
SCOTi
KATSUCON2014: JUDE-Tails of Xillia | YOSUKE-Persona 4 | KANAYA- Homestuck
Scoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
Nefeline
Mistress Of Disgust
 
Nefeline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 211
I'm planning to do the new outfit of Lady aswell!
After making her first costume, Lady is a character I've really grown attached to.

I hope there will be some pictures of her back soon.. XD
I can't.. or let's say, I don't want to start unless I have seen the whole thing. o_O I need to know EVERYTHING! ^^

And her boots will be extremely difficult to find. o_O
Nefeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Cyanide Codon
Biogeek Beatlefreak
 
Cyanide Codon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
I kinda like Vergil's coat thing, but the embroidery would drive me absolutely BANANAS.

And the women get stupidly simple designs.

Me and my ability to find happy mediums, I swear.
__________________
“Courtrooms contain every symbol of authority that a set designer could imagine. Everyone stands up when you come in. You wear a costume identifying you as, if not quite divine, someone special.” -- Irving R. Kaufman
Cyanide Codon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeline View Post
I'm planning to do the new outfit of Lady aswell!
After making her first costume, Lady is a character I've really grown attached to.

I hope there will be some pictures of her back soon.. XD
I can't.. or let's say, I don't want to start unless I have seen the whole thing. o_O I need to know EVERYTHING! ^^

And her boots will be extremely difficult to find. o_O
Yeah, I was a bit concerned about that when I started mine, but I figured I could start working on her pouches and belt in the mean time... by the time I finish them the game will probably already be released @_@

Ugh, and don't even remind me about those boots T_T

*edit* your dmc3 Lady is CRAZY btw... those pouches look sick XD, and your Kalina Ann is like, purified ownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide Codon View Post
I kinda like Vergil's coat thing, but the embroidery would drive me absolutely BANANAS.

And the women get stupidly simple designs.

Me and my ability to find happy mediums, I swear.
Hmm,you know what a great alternative to embroidery is? Appliqués. I used them for the butterfly pattern on my RE4 Ada dress and they really turned out looking great.

Last edited by aBrokenBullet : 09-27-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: ...
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #12
Cyanide Codon
Biogeek Beatlefreak
 
Cyanide Codon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
Hmm,you know what a great alternative to embroidery is? Appliqués. I used them for the butterfly pattern on my RE4 Ada dress and they really turned out looking great.
Seriously? I mean, I'm always wary of the things (not that I know why) but if I could somehow manage to find ones I could use...

I have a weird habit of incorporating bits and pieces of whatever strikes my fancy into my normal wardrobe, AND making it work. I'd be a lot more inclined to putting together Vergil's coat if I didn't have to worry about how long the embroidery took and/or messing up months of work... appliques. Hmmm...
__________________
“Courtrooms contain every symbol of authority that a set designer could imagine. Everyone stands up when you come in. You wear a costume identifying you as, if not quite divine, someone special.” -- Irving R. Kaufman
Cyanide Codon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
Nefeline
Mistress Of Disgust
 
Nefeline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
Yeah, I was a bit concerned about that when I started mine, but I figured I could start working on her pouches and belt in the mean time... by the time I finish them the game will probably already be released @_@
Yeah, that's probably the best idea. Everytime I go out shoppng I try to keep my eyes open at least for the obvious parts, like her gloves or her sunglasses or the perfect belts.

What material do you use for the pouches?
Are you going to take some work-in-progress pics? Ö.Ö

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
Ugh, and don't even remind me about those boots T_T
Sorry..
Hmm...... maybe there is a way to alter some boots that look at least a little similar. It would be a hella lot of work though to get them exactly like hers. o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
*edit* your dmc3 Lady is CRAZY btw... those pouches look sick XD, and your Kalina Ann is like, purified ownage
Thank you. ^^
And I'm really glad she kept her Kalina Ann.. I'm not sure if I would like to build another monster like that. XD
Nefeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide Codon View Post
Seriously? I mean, I'm always wary of the things (not that I know why) but if I could somehow manage to find ones I could use...
I made my own actually. You can buy the glue stuff (I really have no idea what it is called) in bolts, iron it to your fabric, cut out the proper shape, and then iron it on again to the coat. It's really really cool, I love appliques soo much. I would fray-check the edges though, because some materials fray so much it makes the process reeealy annoying V_V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeline View Post
Yeah, that's probably the best idea. Everytime I go out shoppng I try to keep my eyes open at least for the obvious parts, like her gloves or her sunglasses or the perfect belts.

What material do you use for the pouches?
Are you going to take some work-in-progress pics? Ö.Ö
I'm using this fake leather stuff to make them, which actually is turning out a lot better than I thought it would O_O. I am making the basic shape out of quilting pads and then covering them with the material so they are a bit more stiff. I have only finished the back part so far (so there are no actual *pouches* yet), but when I have finished on I will definitely post progress pics!
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
vasher
Just a touch contra
 
vasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide Codon View Post
Seriously? I mean, I'm always wary of the things (not that I know why) but if I could somehow manage to find ones I could use...

I have a weird habit of incorporating bits and pieces of whatever strikes my fancy into my normal wardrobe, AND making it work. I'd be a lot more inclined to putting together Vergil's coat if I didn't have to worry about how long the embroidery took and/or messing up months of work... appliques. Hmmm...
I made a Vergil costume, and I sort of embroidered- well, used a regular sewing machine and set the stitches to what you'd do if you were sewing on appliques.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...c/IMG_0279.jpg

You can get thick to thinner lines by gradually changing the stitch width as you sew. It was a bit of a pain, especially with the satin material I had for his coat, but it only took a couple nights of work.
__________________
~Rosencreuz Orden: Easy on, Easy off~ <3
vasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.