Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #1531
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
Woooooooooooo, finally got myself one of the holy grails, the Diesel Jacket:
Nice! It looks great. Now all you need is the silly zebra-print scarf Dante wears with it. ^_^

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #1532
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

Making LOTS of progress on the Force Edge lately, so here's a WiP pic

http://alucard27.deviantart.com/art/...-WiP-287895798

It's mostly Pine construction. Used cord coated in glue (so it's solid) for the coiled handle effect. Pretty happy with how it's looking so far. More as it develops.
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #1533
Seority
Love and tolerance.

First time postin here, so hello all!
I'm a big DMC fan along with my bf. We cosplay Dante&Trish every con we go to.
I'm currently trying to revamp my Trish cosplay to be more accurate. My friend made my boyfriend a custom made Nevan Guitar. Best part is, it's a functioning Rock Band guitar.

He's been wanting to do cosplay competitions with it, but he ordered his outfit from ebay, so it really wouldn't be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
Dunno who plays Soul Calibur in here, but I went and made DMC4 Dante /w Gilgamesh with the creation mode:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2h568fr.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/1scunr.png
http://i43.tinypic.com/qn44tw.png

I'm pretty pleased with it, but I had to choose between a better belt buckle or the Gilgamesh "wings" which I felt gave it more balance.
I'm kinda addicted to this game actuallly. XD
I made a Dante based on Siegfried. (Sorry for crappy pics, I had to shoot them of my camera.)
[X][X][X]
My bf made Trish and Vergil as well.
Trish: [X][X] Vergil:[X][X]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce_VII View Post

It's mostly Pine construction. Used cord coated in glue (so it's solid) for the coiled handle effect. Pretty happy with how it's looking so far. More as it develops.
This is looking good, great job!

Last edited by Seority : 03-06-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Seority is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #1534
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Oops double post ^^;
Sorry
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #1535
LordDraco3
On a mission

Quote:

I don't know how I missed this, but yeah it's looking really great so far
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #1536
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

@Seority: you're not going to believe this, but your bf's guitar is actually one of the source photos I used for reference when I was making Nevan. Ain't that cool? :P

@Draco: thanks dude...it's actually done already (I've seriously been on a roll)

That's right folks, the Force Edge is complete. It's simple yet elegant. Definitely using it with both my Dante and Vergil cosplays. What's next? No idea..but I'm sure it'll be epic

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3167686/
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1537
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Quote:
@Seority: you're not going to believe this, but your bf's guitar is actually one of the source photos I used for reference when I was making Nevan. Ain't that cool? :P

@Draco: thanks dude...it's actually done already (I've seriously been on a roll)

That's right folks, the Force Edge is complete. It's simple yet elegant. Definitely using it with both my Dante and Vergil cosplays. What's next? No idea..but I'm sure it'll be epic

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3167686/
Oh my! Where did you get the photo before? XD Such a weird coincidence, but still awesome!

Your Force Edge turned out great, congrats!
Unread 03-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #1538
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seority View Post
Oh my! Where did you get the photo before? XD Such a weird coincidence, but still awesome!

Your Force Edge turned out great, congrats!
Thanks! Your friend apparently posted his work on your bf's Nevan on deviantArt, which I am a member of. So yeah..funny how life works out like that

Last edited by Deuce_VII : 03-06-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #1539
LoveofCountry
Guts & Honor, I like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seority View Post
First time postin here, so hello all!
I'm a big DMC fan along with my bf. We cosplay Dante&Trish every con we go to.
I'm currently trying to revamp my Trish cosplay to be more accurate. My friend made my boyfriend a custom made Nevan Guitar. Best part is, it's a functioning Rock Band guitar.
Wow, he did a really nice job on that guitar. I wouldn't have known it was from GH if you hadn't said anything. What did he put over the guitar body? it looks stitched almost? Really cool colors tho.

Katsucon '14
PAX East '14 !!
LoveofCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #1540
LordDraco3
On a mission

I already commented on the photo, but yeah I saw that guitar on DA a long time ago.

If any of you dig it up on DA, I asked how he made it in the comments and he linked a step-by-step blog post.

@Deuce: Looks awesome! The Force Edge is actually one of my least favorite swords, but I can still appreciate a good looking one when I see it. Really like your detailing on the hilt and proportions, especially.
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #1541
Seority
Love and tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveofCountry View Post
Wow, he did a really nice job on that guitar. I wouldn't have known it was from GH if you hadn't said anything. What did he put over the guitar body? it looks stitched almost? Really cool colors tho.
As Draco said, he does list it on his deviant art (I don't recall what it is, but I can get back to you on this.)
I believe he used modeling foam for a shell and glued it to the guitar. You are correct about the stitching. He did stitch around the openings. He painted it then covered it with a sealant of some sort. Again, I'm not exactly sure, but this is what I remember when we last talked about it.
Good news is that the creator of this is currently looking for work, so if you do have any commissions in mind, I can shoot them his way for ya.

Last edited by Seority : 03-06-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1542
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

HD DMC Collection comes out next week!!! Anyone else cosplaying when they pick it up? I'm wearing Dante (not sure if I wanna do DMC1 or 2, but it WILL be Dante), a friend in another state is wearing Vergil, so figured I'd see if anyone on here had anything like that planned =P

Also revving up for Anime Central...going as DMC1 & 2 Dante. Can't wait to debut the Force Edge. My g/f will of course be accompanying me as Lady
Unread 03-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #1543
LoveofCountry
Guts & Honor, I like that

Had to work last minute but it would've been nice to go to the HD release in style. Finally got around to making the Cerberus Ice Chucks, it's crunch time for Anime Boston for me but if all goes I want to post up a shot or two when they're complete!

Katsucon '14
PAX East '14 !!
LoveofCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #1544
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveofCountry View Post
Had to work last minute but it would've been nice to go to the HD release in style. Finally got around to making the Cerberus Ice Chucks, it's crunch time for Anime Boston for me but if all goes I want to post up a shot or two when they're complete!
Cool! It's nice to hear someone besides myself and a handful of cosplayers have made Cerberus..it is seriously a kickass weapon, and is still one of my favorite props

I ended up wearing DMC4 Dante to the store, and got a pic, which I will post in my gallery eventually. The guys thought the outfit was pretty cool, so, mission accomplished.

On DMC HD, OMG it is freakin' beautiful! The resolution is lovely..definitely worth the money. I was gushing about it on Xbox Live when I was playing it was THAT good..lol
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #1545
RadioactiveSkin

does anyone have good reference images, templates, or links to Dante's DMC 3 buckles?
RadioactiveSkin is offline   Reply With Quote