Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 131 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #16
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

I've been planning to do a Trish cosplay since the original DMC came out. I actually had the whole costume assembled at one point, but never got to wear it to a con: I was using the leather bustier for a video shoot, and the zipper separated in the back... -_-; Fortunately, the cameras weren't running then!

At some point, probably late next year, my sister and I are planning on making a set of Trish (DMC) and Devil Trigger Trish (DMC2), who has luminescent purple lightning bolts floating around her. ^_^ But I have to get back in shape first...

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #17
Nefeline
Mistress Of Disgust

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
I'm using this fake leather stuff to make them, which actually is turning out a lot better than I thought it would O_O. I am making the basic shape out of quilting pads and then covering them with the material so they are a bit more stiff. I have only finished the back part so far (so there are no actual *pouches* yet), but when I have finished on I will definitely post progress pics!
Yay! Can't wait to see the first results!
Now I'm really itching to start working too. XD
Nefeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

http://www.jeux-france.com/news22001...-d-images.html For anyone planning on cosplaying DMC4 Dante, here are some new shots of him sporting his new weapon, Gilgamesh. The "spurs" are a nice touch. Adds to the whole cowboy aesthetic.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

New DMC screens posted on Gamespot today XD. They are all pretty much Dante fighting with one of his new weapons, but I thought I would share anyway because the screens are really high quality... and kick ass =3

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/d...g=imag es;all

*edit* Damnit! You beat me to it Archelon >< *totally didn't notice that*

Last edited by aBrokenBullet : 09-28-2007 at 10:17 PM.
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #20
Scoti
Lv. 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon View Post
http://www.jeux-france.com/news22001...-d-images.html For anyone planning on cosplaying DMC4 Dante, here are some new shots of him sporting his new weapon, Gilgamesh. The "spurs" are a nice touch. Adds to the whole cowboy aesthetic.
Totally love the spurs too

I wonder what this new weapon does, It looks like an upgraded Beowulf.
Unread 09-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #21
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoti View Post
I wonder what this new weapon does, It looks like an upgraded Beowulf.
Judging from the screenshots and trailers, that's exactly what it is. Since all of Dante's animations are lifted straight from DMC3, they probably just redesigned the Beowulf guantlets and grieves to give the illusion of it being something entirely new.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 02:02 AM   #22
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

He does have that funny mask though, I wonder if it has a functional purpose for the weapon or if it is just for show... you know, playing off that whole cowboy thing? O_O
Unread 09-29-2007, 03:44 AM   #23
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

Quote:
He does have that funny mask though, I wonder if it has a functional purpose for the weapon or if it is just for show... you know, playing off that whole cowboy thing? O_O
never thought of that before XD it's like he has a handkerchief over his face lol
either that or they have a little J-rock style influence XD it looks sexy on him though like restraining a demon

we get to do extra credit in my metal-casting class so i'm going to cast Trish's lightning bolt on her zipper =)
~Amethyst Ashe-League of Legends
~Clea Strange -Defenders/Dr. Strange
~???
KittyCatChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #24
Kyokuu

Ah damn, I remember ranting on and on to my bf on the release date when I picked up DMC3 and first spotted Vergil in the opening, with me yelping "I'm gonna cosplay him once in my life!" XD;;

My poor bf eventually broke down and said he'll one day either make me his jacket or buy it in order to make me shut up about the will to properly cosplay him once I'm a bit more professional with my crafts.

I think the best bit would be finding a good Dante to roam around with and 'brotherly bicker' at all day. *cackles*

Got to say, when it comes to coats, the boy's sure know how to pick'em.
Vergil Sparda, Alternate Costume, DMC3, scheduled for Metrocon 2011-2012 (2%)
Vergil Sparda, Beowolf Gauntlets, DMC3- WIP
Kyokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
Scoti
Lv. 99

Quote:
Gilgamesh seems to throw off sparks (from the metal parts?) so maybe it's meant to mimic a welding mask (but he's too good for eye protection XD )? The piece on his back I'm still not sure about.. either way I dub this "Hannibal Dante" - careful, he bites!!
Unread 09-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
vasher
Just a touch contra

The Gilgamesh mask reminds me of those rival ninja guys from Mortal Kombat. Or one of those pocket mask filter things.

Damn, he's got around three layers of stuff on his legs. XD Leather + leather + leather.
Unread 09-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #27
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Honestly not too fond of the cowboy theme they're doing with Dante in DMC4...he's supposed to be a heavy-metal style, not a country boy. I could do without those cowboy boot covers...and yes, they are boot covers, not actual boots...
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #28
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Really? I think it is just perfect to follow-up that carefree, fun-loving attitude his has in DMC3 but eh... that's just me =D
Unread 09-30-2007, 05:52 AM   #29
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

You won't actually believed how much i screamed when I saw this thread and got news of Trish and Lady coming back 8D *fanboys*

It's good to know the ladies of Devil May Cry are back in their oh so voluptuous and sexy selves XP (whatever happened to old Lucia? >___>; Simply put, the designs are great and i do like Dante in his cowboy-esque Gilgamesh Greaves.

Awww no one doing Nero and Kyrie? Based on the newest trailers that I've seen, Kyrie just seems to the perfect human sacrifice or some sort (just like Dante's mother in a way) 0.0 which is sad..... because I thought she'd be like some sort of Songstress who can calm the demons or something .____." (if she does die, it'll be so tragic)

I'm not pretty enough to cosplay DMC characters XD but I do know of a friend who's really good! And he's doing Dante (well DMC 3 version anyway in this upcoming end of year event we have here in Singapore) Let's hope the Devil May Cry series gets more <3 that it should.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #30
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

I'm DYING to do a nero cosplay, that vest he had is SO COOL!!!! *drool* but I have to wait untill I get a job so I can aford the plether I need...

Off topic, haven't you ever heard the song by Big and Rich, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy?" XD J/k *lame contry music pun*