Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 127 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #31
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

And now for the lilst on insane Costumes, as has been added to my list*looks at sig*

Devil Trigger Dante, via the DMC2 version.

Now the trouble is finding good reference shots and getting a good wig to rip up in the white vash-ish hairstyle he gets when Dante goes DT in DMC2. And the horrid nightmare making all the props and prosthetics is going to be...anyone got good shots of DMC2 DT Dante, and advice? This one is probably gonn'a get done around the same time I get the Sparda Sword built.
So far, I have a good idea of the skin work, at least, so I hope with the photoshopped "Demo".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DT_Dante_Demo.jpg (112.1 KB, 0 views)
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."

Last edited by Link_Harkanian : 10-02-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added pic
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #32
vasher
Just a touch contra

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nic/dmc2dt.png

^ DMC2 Devil triggered (or was that DDT'ed? >.>) Dante.

Check out the revamped Capcom DMC site-

http://www.devilmaycry.com
Poke around a bit, especially in the character and art sections. Mad kudos to you for planning that.

I'm just in the sketchy stages of Nelo Angelo, myself.
Unread 10-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #33
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
It's good to know the ladies of Devil May Cry are back in their oh so voluptuous and sexy selves XP (whatever happened to old Lucia? >___>; Simply put, the designs are great and i do like Dante in his cowboy-esque Gilgamesh Greaves.
I think Lucia didn't make it because the game occurs before DMC2 but I could be wrong. I think that's what I read at any rate =\

Quote:
I'm not pretty enough to cosplay DMC characters XD but I do know of a friend who's really good! And he's doing Dante (well DMC 3 version anyway in this upcoming end of year event we have here in Singapore) Let's hope the Devil May Cry series gets more <3 that it should.
=(!!! I'm sure your pretty enough! And don't let that stop you from making a costume if you really want to =). Trust me, I do NOT have Lady's body at ALL but I am still gonna make that dmc4 costume >_<!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasher View Post
I'm just in the sketchy stages of Nelo Angelo, myself.
Nelo Angelo?! Sweet XD!

Last edited by aBrokenBullet : 10-01-2007 at 11:27 PM.
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #34
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

That's Desperation DTed. I'm working with Regular DTed, the Vash style one. I have some pics, but not of enough good detail to be exact...best I can do I guess
Mystery Cosplay - ???

Upcoming Events

Unread 10-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #35
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
It's good to know the ladies of Devil May Cry are back in their oh so voluptuous and sexy selves XP (whatever happened to old Lucia? >___>;
Two reasons Lucia is not in DMC4:

1) As has been previously mentioned, the game takes place chronologically between 1 and 2, so Lucia has not been introduced yet. This is probably done

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
in part to preserve the "leave-you-hanging" element at the end of DMC2, where Dante may or may not have died. (Of course, I have my OWN idea about what should have happened at the end of DMC2... I even wrote my own alternate ending, like fanfic, because I was so annoyed with the game's ending. My version had Trish in it, among other things. ^_^)

2) If the general DMC fan base has the same opinion of Lucia as my friends and I had, they might be afraid of the street riots that will happen if Lucia is brought back. ^_^ The other day, I commented to a friend that Capcom should release a DMC-based fighting game, just so I could watch Trish kick the snot out of Lucia...

Trish hurls a motorcycle at Dante's head. That's pretty cool. Lady shoots Dante in the face -- twice -- and defies the laws of physics to break her fall with a rocket launcher. That's also pretty nifty. Lucia, though... Lucia just has a bad pseudo-French accent.

Quote:
Honestly not too fond of the cowboy theme they're doing with Dante in DMC4...he's supposed to be a heavy-metal style, not a country boy. I could do without those cowboy boot covers...and yes, they are boot covers, not actual boots...
I'm of the same opinion; Dante never struck me as the country-western type. Of the four main Dante designs we've seen so far, I think I like the costume from DMC2 best. (Of course, Vergil from DMC3 has Dante beat on all fashion counts...)

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #36
Scoti
Lv. 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
Honestly not too fond of the cowboy theme they're doing with Dante in DMC4...he's supposed to be a heavy-metal style, not a country boy. I could do without those cowboy boot covers...and yes, they are boot covers, not actual boots...
I got the impression it was a decorative end to the chaps not attached to the boots at all (not even as a cover).

I don't mind Dante with a touch of cowboy as long as he not wearing a stupid hat, starts developing a southern accent, or has quotes like " I'm gonna round me up some demons".
Unread 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #37
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

The real reason DMC4 takes place before DMC2 (and why Lucia is not in DMC4) is so Capcom can implicitly deny DMC2 ever existed without ever explicitly stating it so as not to upset any fans of that game.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #38
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

*nods*nods* They told the anime directors to avoid any reference to DMC2 even. And that's from the mouth of the directors at a Q&A and Nan Desu Kan 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
I'm of the same opinion; Dante never struck me as the country-western type. Of the four main Dante designs we've seen so far, I think I like the costume from DMC2 best.
Personally like DMC3 version of DMC1 myself. It has the most defined look to him, and he looks like he's paying a tribute to his lost brother and his father. DMC2's coat never really sat right with me, though save the boot pieces in 4, I like the outfit.
Mystery Cosplay - ???

Upcoming Events

Last edited by Link_Harkanian : 10-02-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Unread 10-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #39
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

*is partial to shirtless Dante =3*
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #40
Nefeline
Mistress Of Disgust

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
*is partial to shirtless Dante =3*

Today I found myself a nice pair of gloves for Lady. They need a bit of alteration but other than that they're perfect. First step done. ^^
Nefeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #41
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrokenBullet View Post
=(!!! I'm sure your pretty enough! And don't let that stop you from making a costume if you really want to =). Trust me, I do NOT have Lady's body at ALL but I am still gonna make that dmc4 costume >_<!!
I meant pretty as in pretty boy pretty hahaha 8D (and yes I'm a guy)

Maybe I'll do Nero, once i start working out fr a bit or something. (Damn them and their sharp facial features)

But until then, I'll let you guys cosplay their awesome sexy-ness 8D *bows*

Anyone has ideas on what's Nero's age? He looks substantially younger. A lot, lot younger than Dante in Devil May Cry 3 o.o

Last edited by Demosthenes : 10-03-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #42
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
Oh hahahaha *feels stupid now* DON'T BE SO MISLEADING ><** =P

And just to throw this out there, I have to restart my pouches... AGAIN. It made me sad T_T
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #43
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I knew you were a guy.

Quote:
Maybe I'll do Nero, once i start working out fr a bit or something. (Damn them and their sharp facial features)
Never underestimate the power of cosmetics for making your facial features look TOTALLY different. Makeup can make round faces look skeletal, and vice-versa. (Which is the only way I'm going to be able to make my wide-faced, round-featured friend into this character for an upcoming group cosplay.)

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #44
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I knew you were a guy.

Never underestimate the power of cosmetics for making your facial features look TOTALLY different. Makeup can make round faces look skeletal, and vice-versa. (Which is the only way I'm going to be able to make my wide-faced, round-featured friend into this character for an upcoming group cosplay.)
Wow, I guess I have lots to learn really. (I'm new to the cosplay scene, only having done a cosplay ONCE and doing a second one for this year)

*ogles at the Red Queen and Blue Rose* OwO

Last edited by Demosthenes : 10-04-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #45
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

And so, I think I'm decided on doing Nero. (And I'm giving myself a year to do it O.O)

Currently figuring out the design of the Blue Rose. I thought of using Amethyst Angel's tutorial on Squall's gunblade to make the handle the "roulette". As for the twin barrels, pvc pipes maybe? O: Covered over with a material (not too sure what yet) to carve the designs onto.

Rant: I just wanna say, it's just not POSSIBLE for Gloria to be human D8 I mean, stretching and twisting into abnormal positions and basically destroying demons with her punches and kicks? God O.O"