Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 127 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #676
Valorman
Killer of pigs!!

I probably would make a good Credo, and he is pretty cool too.
I just checked this page for Credos and it looks like I would have veeeerry little competition. There were only two lol.
Valorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #677
Phoenix_Kasai
class w/a touch of danger

Ok, so I know I haven't checked this thread in a while, so sorry if I bring up old topics ^_^;

@Cilo - I can tell you from personal experience about the craft foam and the wood (balsa specifically). The foam is wickedly easy to work with and incredibly cheap, not to mention security never has a problem with it. Problem is that if you don't build it up enough it will be floppy... and no one wants that. XD The balsa was a little more difficult to work with b/c you have to cut and sand it down but it was a lot more sturdier and I think it looked better. But you have to make sure to keep it safe or it could break (one of my jaggedy-things broke so duct tape came to the rescue the last day of akon).

@Valorman - Yeah Credo would definatly work, I'm also thinking Nero might be good. But welcome to our thread!! ::chears::

Website
Facebook Page
ACParadise
Phoenix_Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #678
Valorman
Killer of pigs!!

Thanks for the welcome Phoenix! =)
and BTW nice Lady costume, I usually don't like DMC4 Lady as much as DMC3 but you made it look good.
Valorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #679
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Valorman, I think you'd make an awesome Credo or Nero! But Credo doesn't get enough love so he would be awesome to see more of.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #680
Midnight_ Rouge
Hellsings Finest

Okay I think I have found a boot to modify for lady.. i am thinking of doing more of a cross between 3-4 for the boot because finding something exact not going to happen. so here in like the problem how should I go about making the coverings the leather I am getting for the boot is Ox blood as someone suggest. Thank you so much for the idea but does anyone know where i can fine ox blood leather strips or have any better ideas for the boots.

Okay moving on finally going to get contacts this weak so I am going to ask to anyone who will answer should I go with a green or hazel for the right eye I believe it is.
Needa Shuetlitch[O.C]-Huraki Trinity/Shunya Yamashita Illustrations
Ivy Valentine[O.D]-Soul Calibur
Sebastian-Kuroshitsuji
Krory&Cross-D.Gray-man
Soi Fong[O.D]-Bleach
Claire[O.D]-Claymore
2 Secret Projects

Life time member of the:
Penguins Of The Round Table
Head Photographer for Penguin Pictures
Midnight_ Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 03:10 AM   #681
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_ Rouge View Post
Okay I think I have found a boot to modify for lady.. i am thinking of doing more of a cross between 3-4 for the boot because finding something exact not going to happen. so here in like the problem how should I go about making the coverings the leather I am getting for the boot is Ox blood as someone suggest. Thank you so much for the idea but does anyone know where i can fine ox blood leather strips or have any better ideas for the boots.
Check the phone book and see if there's a leather wholesaler near you, and check their scrap bins for cheap dyed/exotic leather. I live half an hour from a wonderful leather wholesaler that sells scrap for between $5 and $15 per pound, depending on variety. The scraps are usually large enough to make several costume accessories (holsters, gloves, etc.).

If you don't have a wholesaler within driving distance, pick up some soft garment leather at a fabric store and use leather dye (available at leather shops and some shoe stores) or opaque shoe polish to color it.

Quote:
Okay moving on finally going to get contacts this weak so I am going to ask to anyone who will answer should I go with a green or hazel for the right eye I believe it is.
What color are your eyes naturally (or are you wearing two contacts)? You should choose a color that is dramatically different from the other eye, so it's obvious that you have the dichrome thing going on. So if your eyes are naturally a light or medium brown, I'd go with a more vivid green contact for the right eye. If your eyes are really dark brown, you could go hazel. If your eyes are blue, get one brown and one green contact.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #682
patrickbooya

Does anyone know where to get some high quality (I don't think anyone should be putting low quality anything in they're eyesDX) blue contacts?
any price range. (The reason I'm putting this here is because it's for my Nero cosplay for next year)
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #683
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Does anyone know where to get some high quality (I don't think anyone should be putting low quality anything in they're eyesDX) blue contacts?
any price range. (The reason I'm putting this here is because it's for my Nero cosplay for next year)
Blue contacts are pretty easy to come by, since it's a standard eye color. (And of course you want to have your base curve measured, etc. before you buy any kind of contacts.) There's a comprehensive contact lens thread in the makeup forum; I'd suggest checking that thread for more info.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #684
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
Check the phone book and see if there's a leather wholesaler near you, and check their scrap bins for cheap dyed/exotic leather. I live half an hour from a wonderful leather wholesaler that sells scrap for between $5 and $15 per pound, depending on variety. The scraps are usually large enough to make several costume accessories (holsters, gloves, etc.).
I second this recommendation. There's a leather store near me as well, and they saved my ass while working on Lady. Just be careful with the leather scraps because when you run out and need more, sometimes it's hard to find the right color/texture again.
Unread 12-13-2008, 03:48 AM   #685
CosplayerGabi
Shotgun Badass

I don't know what I was thinking not asking you guys before....

I'm not making this right this minute but on my blog I asked people to vote for which dye job they thought matched best. I should have asked you guys too...
The gray on the left was all OMG NO with water so it didn't take dye well.
And please constructive criticisms are welcomed. I know monitors differ but go ahead, take a shot and pick a number.

Unread 12-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #686
LaurenBANG
POW!

To me, dye one and two look incredibly similar but like you said it could be moniter differences.

but I'd say go with three fo sho.

Aya Brea - Parasite eve 3rd birthday
San - Princess Mononoke
Zephie - Magna Carta 2
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Belle - Beauty and the beast

Deviantart||
Would you like your makeup done for a con!? Or maybe even want a prop commission!?? contact/PM me!!
LaurenBANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #687
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I'd say 3 too. It looks closest on my screen.
Northwest Fan Fest
Cos & Effect
Sakura Con
PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #688
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Dyes 1 and 2 look really similar on my screen too. I'd say go with Dye #3, the darker one.
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #689
patrickbooya

I would say 3 too.
patrickbooya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #690
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Does anyone have a good shot of Lady's bullet packs/her back piece/gloves? (Maybe not the gloves. eBay has some close ones)

I plan to get them commissioned, but I'd need a good shot.

Or does any one have a general idea on how they look?

What do you all think about http://cgi.ebay.ca/DRIVING-LEATHER-G...86 .m63.l1177 ? It has the hole shape, but there's knuckle holes, so it isn't entirely accurate.. There's also http://cgi.ebay.ca/DRIVING-LEATHER-G...86 .m63.l1177 But it doesn't have the same hole shape, though it doesn't have the knuckle holes, but is a brighter red than before... (I'm also not a fan of the air holes.)
Can one dye leather?
Northwest Fan Fest
Cos & Effect
Sakura Con
PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)

Last edited by Cilo : 12-15-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote