Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #91
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
yeah, last interview suggest that Lady and Trish are only in a cutscene, and that's it. That and no Vergil in the game.
BLASPHEMY! FOUL! *takes out the pitchforks*

More girls of Devil May Cry and Vergil please! God, what is Capcom thinking? X_X
Progress on Nero is Really slow X_X;; I'm still going "Hmmmm Now how Do i do his devil arm thingy again?" and somewhat got a guide on sword making. So I'll buy the materials for the sword soon and maybe do out the Sketches and Skeleton of the Red Queen.

And I need to get someone to help me buy stuff online, because shopkeepers go "Huh? O.O" when I asked for some of the stuff to sculpt the arm X_X
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #92
aBrokenBullet
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
BLASPHEMY! FOUL! *takes out the pitchforks*

More girls of Devil May Cry and Vergil please! God, what is Capcom thinking? X_X
Progress on Nero is Really slow X_X;; I'm still going "Hmmmm Now how Do i do his devil arm thingy again?" and somewhat got a guide on sword making. So I'll buy the materials for the sword soon and maybe do out the Sketches and Skeleton of the Red Queen.

And I need to get someone to help me buy stuff online, because shopkeepers go "Huh? O.O" when I asked for some of the stuff to sculpt the arm X_X
Hmm... well I don't know of how much help this will be, but I know there is a midna cosplayer here that got her arms to glow, so maybe if you pm her she can help you find the stuff.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1161600

There is a link to her midna cosplay.

Oooh swords. I love making swords. What are you making yours out of? =D
aBrokenBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #93
Scoti
Lv. 99

I had a thought about Nero's arm but I not sure if it would work...

While it technically wouldn't "light" up, what if the base layer was made from reflective fabric (have seen it in blue) so that when the light hits it, like a camera flash, it would look glowing.
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #94
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Yeap~ Those two materials that could make his arm glow would be either reflective tape or El Wire.
Now how to mould it to the arm, I have no idea just yet O.O

I pmed A19Riku (she did the sword for Lightning in FF13) and she gave me a quick rundown and tutorial on how to make it using Foamboard. It'll consists of around 6-7 layers and the more intricate details would be moulded out of Sculpey. Well that's the plan anyway.
Unread 10-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #95
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

With the bulky flesh of Nero's arm, the best methods may be to make molds and use thermoforms, ie hot glue. I posted a link to the tutorial on bioweapons.com, since he built his most recent guyver armor from the material, and it comes out really good looking, and it's really durable, not to mention cost effective materials. It's what I'm gonn'a probably use for the bulky parts of my Devil Trigger costume, and when I build a Devil bringer myself.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #96
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Making the arm out of thermoforms is not the problem =/ Its getting the materials to make the moulds. For the moment, I'm scouring hardware shops for Alginate and can't find them X_X;;
Unread 10-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #97
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Nothing new but : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26664.html
The latest DMC 4 Trailer without the background fuzz, with subtitles and brighter! 8D

"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal. And it's beginning to piss me off."

Ooh very angsty of Nero. Me likes XD

And hooray! I bought the foamboard for the main part of the Red Queen and a wooden dowel for the handle. Will sketch out the sword details and start cutting and sanding the shape soon.
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #98
Windlord
The mighty plasticsmith

Here is a nevan (guitar) I've been working on for my friend, sorry for the poor pic quality. once the peices are put together it will be able to transform from the guitar to scythe.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1305481
Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #99
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlord View Post
Here is a nevan (guitar) I've been working on for my friend, sorry for the poor pic quality. once the peices are put together it will be able to transform from the guitar to scythe.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1305481
.... that is SO cool! it looks likeit'c coming along great, you can finish it! ^.^ You're friend is a very lucky Dante

Alright,I have a question of my own. I'm looking around for fabric on Kyrie, and from what I can tell (and correct me if I'm wrong) but looking closly at the cloth of her dress in the trailer, it seams to be mostly made of a Waffle type cloth, and I wanted to know if all of you thought this
http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/im...x600_thumb.gif

Would work?

Last edited by Fireheart Storm : 10-24-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Fireheart Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #100
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Eh? Her clothes are made of that material? ._." Because so far as i can see, the clothes are smooth in texture, I don't see the Waffley fabric anywhere on her clothes.

Windlord >> Your Nevan is coming along great! And yes, your friend is a very lucky Dante xD
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #101
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Eh? Her clothes are made of that material? ._." Because so far as i can see, the clothes are smooth in texture, I don't see the Waffley fabric anywhere on her clothes.

Windlord >> Your Nevan is coming along great! And yes, your friend is a very lucky Dante xD
That's why I was asking, but I downloaded a high definition version, and then when I I paused it some times it's really blurry :/ my computer hates me. so, I guess I'm kinda stuck, any ways, smooth cloth will be cheeper.

Oo my mom just got these boots that would be PERFECT for Kyerie.....how can I steal them off of her?????? XD
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #102
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

Yeap, better off with smooth textured cloth since it does appear that way. O.O Maybe you zoomed in into the HD version, which the pictures became more pixellated? XD

Oooh boots D= i found some close ones to Nero's but.... I just died when i saw the price @_____@

On a side note: How's the deciphering of the song going on?
Unread 10-24-2007, 07:03 PM   #103
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

EH, could be going better, I was planing on starting this week, but all of my teachers got together and said, "HEY! let's give them a MILLION pages of home work !" so, haveing seven classes makes it hard to work on any thing...blasted high school..... so, I'm putting the trailer on a CD and takign it to computer class tomarow, because I've already finished out current project in it maybe I can find a way to get the adio seperated form the video so I can put it on my iPod...
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #104
Windlord
The mighty plasticsmith

Here is Nevan complete except for a few small details that i won't be adding till Ohayocon. The neck of the guitar is a bit too long, but my friend didn't want it to be shortened. He still needs to get his boots, and dye his hair.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1307626
Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #105
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlord View Post
Here is Nevan complete except for a few small details that i won't be adding till Ohayocon. The neck of the guitar is a bit too long, but my friend didn't want it to be shortened. He still needs to get his boots, and dye his hair.
Neat-o! Looking forward to the final version. Are you going to put a gloss finish on the guitar, or leave it matte?

Oh, and re: hair dye... I'd recommend a wig if he's going for Dante. With most hair, it's almost impossible to bleach to true white; the best you can do is platinum blonde with a purple rinse, which tends to fry hair follicles to brittle, uncooperative shreds (and often comes out the wrong color anyway).

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote