Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 111 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #1456
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3042661/big/

She's done finally. The really ungodly hot weather has helped the paint dry much faster than usual

Speaker system went in without too much trouble, and the hinged door hides the interior nicely. Kinda based the color scheme off draco's with a bit of my own flair added
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #1457
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Nice work, Duece. Pretty bangin' Nevan you got. ^.^

In other news, in addition to Nero, I'm running Altair from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at the same time. Odd combination yes, but Devil Bringer equipped Assassins are seriously badass. LoL. You're probably thinking I'm crazy. You're right, I am. I've learned some basic free running/parkour skills. My latest parkour adventure involved me jumping off my roof into the tree right next to the house. And then trying to get out of the tree. Gravity helped me out big time. Dad thinks the huge branch that broke off was because of the hurricane from last week. RofL.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #1458
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

That's a nice looking guitar, sir. If you have the means you should make a quick youtube clip showing off the speakers.

Techno, nice.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #1459
LordDraco3
On a mission

Ironically, my Nevan AND Sparda Amulet got completely smashed at AnimeFest this weekend, it will probably be better to make completely new ones rather than attempt repairs. Very sad day.

Spruced up K.Ann with a new paint job though and got loads of photos, can't wait 'till I get them back. Had my Lady & Trish as well, and we even got some fun shots (Lady! Grab my boobs! LESBIAAAAAAAAANS!)
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #1460
Technowraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
Ironically, my Nevan AND Sparda Amulet got completely smashed at AnimeFest this weekend, it will probably be better to make completely new ones rather than attempt repairs. Very sad day.

Spruced up K.Ann with a new paint job though and got loads of photos, can't wait 'till I get them back. Had my Lady & Trish as well, and we even got some fun shots (Lady! Grab my boobs! LESBIAAAAAAAAANS!)
That sucks man. What happened? I'd be mad pissed if it was deliberately done. Nero doesn't take lightly the deliberate destruction of his stuff

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 09-05-2011, 02:13 AM   #1461
LoveofCountry
Guts & Honor, I like that

Quote:
*Plays Taps on bugle

Quote:

That sounds VERY Win Sir.
LoveofCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #1462
LordDraco3
On a mission

It was just REALLY bad luck. During cosplay chess I leaned it against a table on stage (leaning INTO the stage by quite a bit, even) and somehow it fell off (didn't see it). The removable fin busted in half as did the front top fin. It got dropped again walking to the car when the guitar strap popped off the screw that holds it on, and all the bottom fins came loose, as well as tons of paint damage. By that point I was about ready to just leave it on the sidewalk...

The amulet fell twice, and the jewel came out of the setting when it fell on the concrete (again, while taking stuff to our car). I REALLY liked it, but...guess it just needs a new setting, the actual jewel is safe.
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #1463
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

@LordDraco3: Damn, that sucks man...sorry to hear your run of bad luck. Those pics do sound promising though

@2DLogic: As requested, a demonstrative video of Nevan's speakers in action. It's not the highest quality, but it gives you an idea anyway. Enjoy! (I'm sure y'all will appreciate the demo song I picked)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr6y54xzPP4

We had a lot of fun with this during the shoot. And the funny thing...right in the middle of the shoot, it began to rain. Then came the lightning. I maaay have created a functional devil arm..lol
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #1464
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

That's pretty cool dood.

Sorry to hear about the breakage, Draco. But hey, its an excuse to rebuild them better than ever.

Haven't posted done anything major recently, haven't had a lot of time, and have been working on other stuff when I have. I did start on the pommel for Sparda last night though.
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...9-06135307.jpg
Gotta love Halloween stores for their assorted bits and baubles.

I also cut the belt buckles for the coat from 1/8" aluminum.
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...8-30130933.jpg
They got a bit more polishing after this pic.

Last edited by 2DLogic : 09-06-2011 at 01:33 PM.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #1465
LordDraco3
On a mission

All this new stuff is looking good, guys!

Got a couple of pics back from our shoot, just a sample :P

http://kuragiman.deviantart.com/art/...2F450215&qo=10

http://kuragiman.deviantart.com/art/...%2F450215&qo=9
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #1466
Technowraith

Looking great, LordDraco.

In some SSSmokin' News, Nero got a much better job earlier today. Although the commute is a killer, until I relocate, being gainfully employed with a higher paying job is a relief. Slowly I'll be able to begin work on costumes and props.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #1467
Scoti
Lv. 99

Quote:
All this new stuff is looking good, guys!

Got a couple of pics back from our shoot, just a sample :P

http://kuragiman.deviantart.com/art/...2F450215&qo=10

http://kuragiman.deviantart.com/art/...%2F450215&qo=9

Great shots Draco!...... I want your Dante boots O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
Looking great, LordDraco.

In some SSSmokin' News, Nero got a much better job earlier today. Although the commute is a killer, until I relocate, being gainfully employed with a higher paying job is a relief. Slowly I'll be able to begin work on costumes and props.
Congrats! Good luck with your new job
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #1468
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUaoCB6kQI

Every DMC fan will love this trailer..Vergil is now officially in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!! So excited
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #1469
Scoti
Lv. 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce_VII View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUaoCB6kQI

Every DMC fan will love this trailer..Vergil is now officially in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!! So excited
Yes! Just saw it today, I've been waiting for a while for actual gameplay video. I'm a happy fangirl
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #1470
LordDraco3
On a mission

Thanks guys!

@Deuce: SWEET! As much as I am riding the Capcom hate train right now, looks like they made Vergil perfect. And go-figure that one of his supers is exactly the same as one of Wesker's, who pretty much fights like Vergil without a sword. Vergil's Lv.3 Hyper looks REALLY well done, much better than Dante's.

Overall, I am now looking forward to him more than Firebrand (been playing a lot of Demon's Crest lately, and his debut is one big letdown).