Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Unread 09-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
ChickenDoughnut
Migar Resident

Thinking about attending

Alright so around March I'm going to Orlando to visit old friends, So I heard about MegaCon and I want to go. I went on the site and I could not find any forums for it so I'm going to ask my two questions here:

1: How many people do you think attend?
2: What kinda panels etc. do they have just to give me an idea.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but megacon it sounded really fun!

Best Regards.
::: DeviantArt :::

ChickenDoughnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
orca_sora
Ketchup Kosplay Member

I've been attending Megacon almost every year for the past 4 years. It's known mainly for it's focus on comics - a ton of comic guests, big focus on them in the dealers' room, comic panels, etc. A decent variety of cosplayers turn out, however, from all fandoms - I would consider it a mini Dragon*Con, in that sense.

Up until this year's con last February, anime was a very small corner of the con's focus. One viewing room, a couple small panels, a sad AMV contest, and a costume contest. The dealers' room usually has a decent variety of anime/manga goods, however, I've noticed that it's one of the pricer cons due to the demographic who show up. As result, I have only ever gone one day and go in street clothes. However, as I said, this year's con had greatly improved the quality of what they had to offer for us anime/manga fans and cosplayers. There were actually quite a few panels spread out for all three days that I was actually disappointed I hadn't arranged to attend for the whole time. They had some pretty popular anime VAs in attendance, too, including Vic Mignogna. And *a lot* more cosplayers were out and about, too.

I'm seriously considering trying to go for all three days next year, myself, depending on if I see a repeat of worthy enough programming I'm interested in. Either way, though, I definitely plan on cosplaying regardless if I only go one day again or not. So, I would highly recommend it if you're in the area to attend. If it weren't for the last con, I wouldn't have said it was worth going out of your way otherwise.

2010 Conventions
MegaCon -- TBD
AFO 11 -- 8/6-8/8
Dragon*Con -- 9/3-9/6
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party -- TBD

2011 Costumes
Alice -- Pandora Hearts
Kiki -- Kiki's Delivery Service
Sakura (Pink Flower) -- Cardcaptor Sakura
orca_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
psycho_girl9
Je t'aime Thomas!

yeah there are tons and tons of people who go to megacon, thousands, maybe even more than that. people from all over the country and all over the world come (i met some people who were from germany, australia, and russia when i went 2 years ago) and it's lots of fun. there's always more stuff to do on saturday i've noticed, but friday and sunday do have their share of interesting events. it's definitly a great place to have fun and hang out with people who have similar interests in anime and comics. i make lots of friends every year when i go. i strongly recomend that you go too. it's amazing!!
psycho_girl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Wey777
Panzer Cosplay

Megacon was my first con so I might be a tad biased but ive been going over and over again for like four years and I ALWAYS have a blast. Always something too see and lots of people.

Megacon:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
The Captain - Hellsing
Wey777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
Prota-Girl
Get Jinxed!

Megacon was my first con Cosplay wise but it was my second Con al together. But I found it WAY to crowded in the dealers room. ;.;
I wasn't able to buy anything. But the AMV contest was sad. My AMV didn`t even work right....but they had plenty of time to tell me, instead of having sit through some of the weirdest AMVs i had ever seen. 0.0;
Yea. anime was pretty much in the corner. But if you ever want to cosplay as wonder Woman Megacon is the place. ^^

X-23 (X-Men)

Planned:
Sailor Moon, Sesshoumaru (Inu Yasha), Ronan (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Prota-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote