Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #1606
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devkyu View Post
Right now I'm attempting to make a pattern for a Cheagle plushie. My friend is going as Ion to Otakon and he requires a Mieu to drag around (and for Sync or Arietta to promptly beat him across the head with if he fails at being a good Fon Master). Probably the hardest part will be working with the markings on his face and the ear tips. I'd prefer to just iron the face fluff on, but that particular fabric would kind of melt if I tried to applique it.

Plushies are evil.
...Or you could snipe the cheagle plushie pattern that was in Cosmode. That's all I did and really you only need the pattern pieces because the directions don't help in construction. They were more like "LOL I PUT STUFFING IN THE PLUSHIE!".

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #1607
Animechick005
21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN

im definatly going in 10 im soo happy
Animechick005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #1608
Devkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
...Or you could snipe the cheagle plushie pattern that was in Cosmode. That's all I did and really you only need the pattern pieces because the directions don't help in construction. They were more like "LOL I PUT STUFFING IN THE PLUSHIE!".
Do you happen to know which issue it was in? Google seems to fail me when I search for scans of it.
Unread 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #1609
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devkyu View Post
Do you happen to know which issue it was in? Google seems to fail me when I search for scans of it.
Issue 13 with Luke and Guy on the cover, page 127. 129 is Tokunaga's pattern if anyone is interested in him. It's actually a pretty nice issue with 4 pages of Abyss characters and the makeup ages are actually helpful in that issue.

I'd scan the Mieu pages for you but I'm not at grad school where my scanner is for a few days. You'll probably find them sooner online. XD

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #1610
Usagi Of Zero

nevermind this post

Last edited by Usagi Of Zero : 08-06-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Unread 11-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #1611
IcyTempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posiee-Chan View Post
you can certainly find a grey unitard on one of the many dancewear websites (discountdance, dancewear solutions etc.) although, you won't be able to find one that's ribbed like that. You'd have to paint on the stripes or find a way to add texture if you wanted it to look like that.
I'll check those out, thanks! I'm not to bothered about the stripes, just the suit. Thanks a lot!
IcyTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #1612
PolarIce

Hi. I'm about to cosplay next year, and several friends and I are going to work on the costumes pretty soon. I was just wondering in your opinions if Zelos Wilder (ToS) or Ion (TotA) would be cheaper? I'm a guy, so Ion might be odd, but I don't care about that.

We're on a strict budget, so I was just wondering. Thanks for your time.
PolarIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #1613
Artes for Glad

I cosplay as Luke! I hope to construct one of Luke's other outfits in 2010, other then the main outfit that I already have. I just do not know which one!
Artes for Glad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #1614
ShadowYin-Yang
Tomboy Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarIce View Post
Hi. I'm about to cosplay next year, and several friends and I are going to work on the costumes pretty soon. I was just wondering in your opinions if Zelos Wilder (ToS) or Ion (TotA) would be cheaper? I'm a guy, so Ion might be odd, but I don't care about that.

We're on a strict budget, so I was just wondering. Thanks for your time.
I THINK Ion would be cheaper...or easier...yeah I think Ion would be cheaper. That's just me though.
I think I can seriuosly modify a bunch of existing clothes to look like Ion's clothing while Zelos's outfit I would have to make from near-scratch unless I find something from Goodwill I can cut up and then sew up and then wear. So money-wise, I can buy clothes cheap at Goodwill and modify them vs. buying 3 different colored fabrics among notions and other things depending on how cheap I can be while making it good(like I can buy white pants so i might not even have to make it but then there's the case of boot covers)
It also depends a bit if you're gonna make props as well.

But speaking of Zelos, I actually want to do him in the near future for those that didn't see my post about 50 pages back lol and i'm just wondering: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON HOW TO DO THE WINGS?!
Or at least tell me what material would you make them with?
ShadowYin-Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #1615
PolarIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYin-Yang View Post
I THINK Ion would be cheaper...or easier...yeah I think Ion would be cheaper. That's just me though.
I think I can seriuosly modify a bunch of existing clothes to look like Ion's clothing while Zelos's outfit I would have to make from near-scratch unless I find something from Goodwill I can cut up and then sew up and then wear. So money-wise, I can buy clothes cheap at Goodwill and modify them vs. buying 3 different colored fabrics among notions and other things depending on how cheap I can be while making it good(like I can buy white pants so i might not even have to make it but then there's the case of boot covers)
It also depends a bit if you're gonna make props as well.

But speaking of Zelos, I actually want to do him in the near future for those that didn't see my post about 50 pages back lol and i'm just wondering: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON HOW TO DO THE WINGS?!
Or at least tell me what material would you make them with?
Thanks, but I've decided on Ion.
PolarIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #1616
Devkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
Issue 13 with Luke and Guy on the cover, page 127. 129 is Tokunaga's pattern if anyone is interested in him. It's actually a pretty nice issue with 4 pages of Abyss characters and the makeup ages are actually helpful in that issue.

I'd scan the Mieu pages for you but I'm not at grad school where my scanner is for a few days. You'll probably find them sooner online. XD
I've been searching, but I can't seem to find any scans of that issue online (Google, you do nothing bit disappoint me!) If you ever get the chance, can you post the Mieu pattern? I'd really appreciate it. ^_^
Unread 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #1617
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

Hello~ I'm planning on making Peony for my friend and Guy for myself. Does anyone happen to know where I can find some good reference shots of Peony?
Also, I don't wish to cosplay the main outfit Guy has, are there any suggestions?
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #1618
Lady Arieta
Crazy Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPrincess View Post
Hello~ I'm planning on making Peony for my friend and Guy for myself. Does anyone happen to know where I can find some good reference shots of Peony?
Also, I don't wish to cosplay the main outfit Guy has, are there any suggestions?
Finally decided to pop in lol..

Have you checked the anime for Tales of the Abyss? I forgot which episode but there was one episode where it showed a perfect shot of front and back Peony.

-Currently Working on-

If you see me, don't be shy to approach me. I may be Asian but I'm not an elitist nor am I a jerk face :3. I'm just one crazy hyper Asian ^.^

If you find me on Facebook, please don't hold a grudge if I reject you :x. I just don't add random people.

Last edited by Lady Arieta : 12-02-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Lady Arieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #1619
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Arieta View Post
Finally decided to pop in lol..

Have you checked the anime for Tales of the Abyss? I forgot which episode but there was one episode where it showed a perfect shot of front and back Peony.
I have, I've seen the whole anime. Unfortunately, I don't have a system capable of screen caps. And if at all possible, I would like to stay away from fanart. P:
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #1620
Ichiro
I-zuki the Stitch Witch

If you have the game go to yulia city theres that character archive and take pictures
Rossiu Remake: 95% - Gurren Lagann
Mistborn: 5% - Mistborn
Dr. Stein: 15% - Soul Eater
Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote