Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #2191
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi234 View Post
I have a quick question on a wig for a Long haired Luke.

I know in order to get the lighter bits on the tips, it would be best to dye a blond wig, but what wig would be best as a base?
The advantage to being a cosplayer in 2012 is that we now have lots of great wig sources available to us from sellers that tell us if they are able to be dyed. If you want to go less expensive, check around ebay. If they don't tell you up front if their wigs can be dyed, you can always send them a message. I've had luck dying wigs from www.arda-wigs.com and I know that www.amphigory.com will tell you in the descriptions of each wig or brand if the fibers take to dye. Good luck--it seems like an ambitious project!

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #2192
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Seriously? Oh man, I didn;t see you there. >< It was my first time going there and I was too busy fawning over the Bandai booth while buying Abyss Dvd. If I knew I would of taken a picture. That's why Im planning to gather a few Tales cosplayers, hopefully I get responses

Your dress looks adorable and I love the colors. Is it by any chance her Merines Outfit your working on?
Yes it is, I shoulda mentioned that thats her merines outfit I'm working on. Are you going to animeNEXT, I'll be debuting it there and I believe there's a topic for tales in the animeNEXT forum as well(here and THE animeNEXT forum).

You went friday for the tales of the abyss promotion? I only went saturday and it was my first time there and I got lost and everything xD I only made it to the sunrise panel but I believe I caught the end of the bandai panel since it was in the previous hour in the same room. I didn't really buy all that much though, I only got nabari no ou and my lelouch body pillow xD I don't buy DVD singles ;p
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #2193
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
Yes it is, I shoulda mentioned that thats her merines outfit I'm working on. Are you going to animeNEXT, I'll be debuting it there and I believe there's a topic for tales in the animeNEXT forum as well(here and THE animeNEXT forum).

You went friday for the tales of the abyss promotion? I only went saturday and it was my first time there and I got lost and everything xD I only made it to the sunrise panel but I believe I caught the end of the bandai panel since it was in the previous hour in the same room. I didn't really buy all that much though, I only got nabari no ou and my lelouch body pillow xD I don't buy DVD singles ;p
Its looks awesome, and its so pretty.
It was the box set with the manga on it that I bought I would like to go to animeNext but I don't know how to get there nor know anyone that can take me up there. If I can, I would finish early my cosplay.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #2194
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Its looks awesome, and its so pretty.
It was the box set with the manga on it that I bought I would like to go to animeNext but I don't know how to get there nor know anyone that can take me up there. If I can, I would finish early my cosplay.
I should know how to get there by now but I still have to use map quest or a GPS :O but definetly it'll be done well before then xD I shoulda took pictures in better lighting xD
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #2195
simi234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
The advantage to being a cosplayer in 2012 is that we now have lots of great wig sources available to us from sellers that tell us if they are able to be dyed. If you want to go less expensive, check around ebay. If they don't tell you up front if their wigs can be dyed, you can always send them a message. I've had luck dying wigs from www.arda-wigs.com and I know that www.amphigory.com will tell you in the descriptions of each wig or brand if the fibers take to dye. Good luck--it seems like an ambitious project!

Thank you
simi234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #2196
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi234 View Post
Thank you
You're very welcome! Make sure to post pictures when you're done, I can't wait to see it.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #2197
Raihou

Jumping in here to ask a question
My little sister and I are going to be cosplaying Raine and Genis Sage (ToS), but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions wig-wise?
I'm not very good when it comes to finding good base wigs for things, so any help is much appreciated
Raihou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #2198
HimeZelda
A Match Made in Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
Were you at NYAF last year, I was alicia from ToS on saturday?

Also :O

http://i42.tinypic.com/juz3bd.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/30938s1.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2cmn29h.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/311xgs1.jpg

Its coming along Surprisingly white panty hose are hard to find though. I'll have to look extra for it. I already have the ribbon that I'll stick to the panty hose. I have to find pumps, a head band, fake navy blue roses, and a wig still xD
Have you tried:
http://www.welovecolors.com/

Because my Fiance is always cosplaying Link we found that website. xD
They seriously have tights for men and women in all different colors. Anyway Im popping into this convo... Surprised I didn't a long time ago since I talk with half these people IRL. XD

AnimeNEXT 2015:
Friday:Ludger and Elle from Tales of Xillia 2
Saturday:Link and (Queen)Zelda from The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past

Otakon 2015:
Friday:Flynn and Estelle(Blue Princess Dress) from Tales of Vesperia
Saturday:Link and Goddess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

NYCC 2015:
Friday or Saturday(? going on one of these days):Ludger and Elle from Tales of Xillia 2
HimeZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #2199
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

awsome thanks

I got my "fake flowers" and now I have to figure how which way I should dye them. Maybe I should spray paint them. I'll try not to be too messy with it of course but I wanna do something that'll look smooth /hmm
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #2200
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raihou View Post
Jumping in here to ask a question
My little sister and I are going to be cosplaying Raine and Genis Sage (ToS), but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions wig-wise?
I'm not very good when it comes to finding good base wigs for things, so any help is much appreciated
This wig could work for Genis
http://www.arda-wigs.com/Jareth.html

For Raine Sage:
http://www.arda-wigs.com/MagnumXL.html

You could also used Jareth wig for her as well, you'll just have to cut it and style it like hers. Hope that helps.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #2201
Raihou

Quote:
This wig could work for Genis
http://www.arda-wigs.com/Jareth.html

For Raine Sage:
http://www.arda-wigs.com/MagnumXL.html

You could also used Jareth wig for her as well, you'll just have to cut it and style it like hers. Hope that helps.
Great~ Thanks a lot
I was planning on getting a wig or two from Arda for something different anyway, so it makes it a lot easier to just go there than ebay etc.

Now to actually start planning out the patterns~
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #2202
Original Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
OH OH! I GOT DIS. No srsly, I have the Layers Mag where they featured ToS and one of the projects with instructions and pattern (I believe) was for Colette. I will report back in when I dig out my copy!
I could use that too. I need all the help I can get for my Colette cosplay. I've never made a cosplay before.
Original Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #2203
Raihou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Name View Post
I could use that too. I need all the help I can get for my Colette cosplay. I've never made a cosplay before.
The pattern/tutorial thing for her exphere/necklace?
I think I might have it somewhere too. (Not 100% guaranteed though) I might not be able to have a proper look until tomorrow, but I'm certainly happy to search for you.

EDIT: I found them! (I had a copy in my email, haha)
I'm not sure if Ion has the same one (?), but i hope you find it useful, at least :3

Page 1
Page 2

Last edited by Raihou : 02-06-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #2204
Original Name

I'm not sure what those materials are. Is there a translation?
Original Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #2205
HimeZelda
A Match Made in Hyrule

I wish I found that ages ago! As I am making a Colette cosplay now. Ah well too late, I already made my necklace.. Well since I am going with my fiance as Lloyd and Colette though we are gonna make her other necklace too, the one Lloyd gives to her as a present. Is there any ideas on how to make that? (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg28/...g&res=med ium)

AnimeNEXT 2015:
Friday:Ludger and Elle from Tales of Xillia 2
Saturday:Link and (Queen)Zelda from The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past

Otakon 2015:
Friday:Flynn and Estelle(Blue Princess Dress) from Tales of Vesperia
Saturday:Link and Goddess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

NYCC 2015:
Friday or Saturday(? going on one of these days):Ludger and Elle from Tales of Xillia 2
HimeZelda is offline   Reply With Quote