Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #2311
KratosAurion28
Blame your fate

Speaking about alternate Tales outfits. I donīt know if I have written this here...

If you havenīt completed Tales of Symphonia donīt read whatīs written below since there will be MAJOR SPOILERS!

I actually have plans to do daddy!Kratos (or whatever you want to call it) in the future. The outfit Iīm thinking of can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0skpU4ZcR8 (0:02 - 0:04). I also found this picture from the manga with the same shirt, at least according to me.

So hereīs the question: In the picture his shirt looks blue (it could also be shadows) and in the anime opening itīs black in my opinion. So should I go for very dark blue or just black? And what colour is the pants? Or should I just go with the one I like the best? >.<

I think I have to go with the manga version if there wonīt be more daddy!Kratos moments in the anime. And to make it more recognizable I will commission a baby!Lloyd plush that I will carry around. Of course I have the sword and wig too, but not the red sword one seen in the picture but the blue one in the game/anime. For being a huge fan of him I want to do all the outfits (no matter how obscure! xD) except the kimono one that my twin is going to do.

So any opinions or suggestions?

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: Kemi's manga day (11/10 - 2014) Kemi, Finland
SAT - Casual Levi with Attack on Titan themed clothes

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 08-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #2312
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion28 View Post
Speaking about alternate Tales outfits. I donīt know if I have written this here...

If you havenīt completed Tales of Symphonia donīt read whatīs written below since there will be MAJOR SPOILERS!

I actually have plans to do daddy!Kratos (or whatever you want to call it) in the future. The outfit Iīm thinking of can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0skpU4ZcR8 (0:02 - 0:04). I also found this picture from the manga with the same shirt, at least according to me.

So hereīs the question: In the picture his shirt looks blue (it could also be shadows) and in the anime opening itīs black in my opinion. So should I go for very dark blue or just black? And what colour is the pants? Or should I just go with the one I like the best? >.<

I think I have to go with the manga version if there wonīt be more daddy!Kratos moments in the anime. And to make it more recognizable I will commission a baby!Lloyd plush that I will carry around. Of course I have the sword and wig too, but not the red sword one seen in the picture but the blue one in the game/anime. For being a huge fan of him I want to do all the outfits (no matter how obscure! xD) except the kimono one that my twin is going to do.

So any opinions or suggestions?
First off, I respect you and man I want to see it as soon as your done with it. Haven't seen a Daddy Kratos cosplay before or I haven't browsed harder then I thought.

In the manga pic, it looks like a navy blue shirt with dark pants. The pants seem darker then the blue so maybe black for the pants and dark blue for the shirt.
As for the sword, I think people will recognize you if you go with the one he has in the game/anime.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #2313
KratosAurion28
Blame your fate

@yamibakura03 Thanks for your thoughts, I also think that the pants are darker than the shirt. And a blue shirt with black pants would work quite nice I think (I mean his Judgment outfit has lot of blue in it). I have looked around in all cosplay sites I know off and I have never seen anyone doing daddy!Kratos witch got me excited to do it. I donīt know how many even know of that one being an official (obscure) outfit...

I see if I can do this cosplay next year. Itīs quite easy and I almost have everything already. I donīt think I can squeeze it into this years cosplay list though, since my costumes and cons are quite set now.

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: Kemi's manga day (11/10 - 2014) Kemi, Finland
SAT - Casual Levi with Attack on Titan themed clothes

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 08-02-2012 at 06:45 AM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #2314
Lulzypop
Seeking new username

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralSheep View Post
I'm going to cosplay Colette, and I've basically got it all figure out except for two things. Firstly, I have no idea on how to go about making her neckware (the cruxis crystal and the necklace/choker above it.). I'm absolutely terrible at being crafty, so I'm extra lost!
And secondly, I'm having bit of difficulty with picking a wig. I've finally found two that are a suitable colour (the majority of the blonde wigs I've seen are either too light, or too dark!), and while I can narrow them down to being near the right colour, I can't really tell which one is a better match: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170836482612#ht_2737wt _1270
and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170836113603#ht_2654wt _1270
At least, I think they're close to the right color...

So yeah, if anyone has any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Um, I wrote a tutorial for how I managed the Cruxis Crystal and neckband without casting or resin or anything like that, for other amateurs. http://tokyograndpa.tumblr.com/post/...ystal-tutorial
Does it help at all?
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #2315
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I have a question for Cheria cosplayers. What color would her hair be considered? It's pink but not....pink. I'm thinking about doing her school uniform version since I have everything for it but her hair. I really wonder why I'm having such a hard time finding a clip on poinytail wig in that color.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #2316
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I have a question for Cheria cosplayers. What color would her hair be considered? It's pink but not....pink. I'm thinking about doing her school uniform version since I have everything for it but her hair. I really wonder why I'm having such a hard time finding a clip on poinytail wig in that color.
Haha, I took months deciding on what color to go with. I chose a Raspberry Pink wig from Epic Cosplay.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #2317
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
Haha, I took months deciding on what color to go with. I chose a Raspberry Pink wig from Epic Cosplay.
Oh that's a nice color. *_* I wished they sold wigs with shorter ponytails. Going to have to save up a bit to get the ponytail one for her.

And I bought a wooden star for my Fandom's Dream staff for Pascal. ^_^ I'm thinking about carving the wings for it out of craft foam since I have a ton of that stuff. Also I think I'm going to add a bit of glitter to the star to help it pop a bit.

Quote:

Unread 08-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #2318
Gemelli

I'd like to crossplay Richard from Tales of Graces someday.
Gemelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #2319
Uerria
Costumer

Hey guyss. I want to cosplay Presea, but I really don't want those obnoxious pigtails, they look inconvienent and I feel like they'd start to lose the shape halfway through the con. I wanna make small versions (about half the size), but I want them to be more of teased, fluffy spikes instead of sharp, chunky spikes.

What do you guys think? Would you think I was just being lazy or inaccurate?

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #2320
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerria View Post
Hey guyss. I want to cosplay Presea, but I really don't want those obnoxious pigtails, they look inconvienent and I feel like they'd start to lose the shape halfway through the con. I wanna make small versions (about half the size), but I want them to be more of teased, fluffy spikes instead of sharp, chunky spikes.

Personally I'd think it would look just fine, Presea's hair is pretty... ridiculous anyway so having a more 'realistic' looking hair-style (like maybe similar to Madoka for example) is all good.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #2321
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:

I say go for it. ^_^ Her hair is pretty crazy and unrealistic. You will still be recognizable so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Quote:

Unread 08-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #2322
Uerria
Costumer

I was actually planning on getting a Madoka wig to use! xD Since everyone cosplays her, it's easy to find a cheap wig on Ebay now. Okay, thanks guys~ I know this will bother me in the long run, but I think this will be better for me. ._. (Ugh, accuracy freak.)

ON A SEPARATE NOTE.... is anyone working on a Tales cosplay? I wanna hear progress stories. I'm currently planning a secret Tales cosplay that I should have for Katsucon. I'll probably reveal it when it's done. (I've never done secret cosplays before and I'm usually a blabber mouth. Self control, self control! ;-

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #2323
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
ON A SEPARATE NOTE.... is anyone working on a Tales cosplay? I wanna hear progress stories. I'm currently planning a secret Tales cosplay that I should have for Katsucon. I'll probably reveal it when it's done. (I've never done secret cosplays before and I'm usually a blabber mouth. Self control, self control! ;-
Well currently I have Pascal in the works. I just cropped a pair of pants today for her shorts(still not sure how to go about the cuffs on those things). I also have almost all of the parts for her Fandom Dream staff. I just need to cut out the wings and some wood and then paint everything.

Quote:

Unread 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #2324
FeralSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzypop View Post
Um, I wrote a tutorial for how I managed the Cruxis Crystal and neckband without casting or resin or anything like that, for other amateurs. http://tokyograndpa.tumblr.com/post/...ystal-tutorial
Does it help at all?
Sorry for the late reply, it's been a while since I've checked back here!

And it most certainly does help, I'll be sure to file it away for future use!
FeralSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #2325
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
I was actually planning on getting a Madoka wig to use! xD Since everyone cosplays her, it's easy to find a cheap wig on Ebay now. Okay, thanks guys~ I know this will bother me in the long run, but I think this will be better for me. ._. (Ugh, accuracy freak.)

well you know me, Im working on Lloyd at the moment. Im getting better at the spikes, so I should be able to finished it after the first or second week of classes.

Any chance anyone knows where I can find a base for Colette or Zelos? Im been looking around for a good quality wig and the last time I bought a wig, it was either too pink or too red. :/
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote