Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #2311
KratosAurion28
Blame your fate
 
KratosAurion28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,131
Speaking about alternate Tales outfits. I donīt know if I have written this here...

If you havenīt completed Tales of Symphonia donīt read whatīs written below since there will be MAJOR SPOILERS!

I actually have plans to do daddy!Kratos (or whatever you want to call it) in the future. The outfit Iīm thinking of can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0skpU4ZcR8 (0:02 - 0:04). I also found this picture from the manga with the same shirt, at least according to me.

So hereīs the question: In the picture his shirt looks blue (it could also be shadows) and in the anime opening itīs black in my opinion. So should I go for very dark blue or just black? And what colour is the pants? Or should I just go with the one I like the best? >.<

I think I have to go with the manga version if there wonīt be more daddy!Kratos moments in the anime. And to make it more recognizable I will commission a baby!Lloyd plush that I will carry around. Of course I have the sword and wig too, but not the red sword one seen in the picture but the blue one in the game/anime. For being a huge fan of him I want to do all the outfits (no matter how obscure! xD) except the kimono one that my twin is going to do.

So any opinions or suggestions?
__________________

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link


Next con: Kemi's manga day (11/10 - 2014) Kemi, Finland
SAT - Casual Levi with Attack on Titan themed clothes

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 08-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #2312
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03
 
yamibakura03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion28 View Post
Speaking about alternate Tales outfits. I donīt know if I have written this here...

If you havenīt completed Tales of Symphonia donīt read whatīs written below since there will be MAJOR SPOILERS!

I actually have plans to do daddy!Kratos (or whatever you want to call it) in the future. The outfit Iīm thinking of can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0skpU4ZcR8 (0:02 - 0:04). I also found this picture from the manga with the same shirt, at least according to me.

So hereīs the question: In the picture his shirt looks blue (it could also be shadows) and in the anime opening itīs black in my opinion. So should I go for very dark blue or just black? And what colour is the pants? Or should I just go with the one I like the best? >.<

I think I have to go with the manga version if there wonīt be more daddy!Kratos moments in the anime. And to make it more recognizable I will commission a baby!Lloyd plush that I will carry around. Of course I have the sword and wig too, but not the red sword one seen in the picture but the blue one in the game/anime. For being a huge fan of him I want to do all the outfits (no matter how obscure! xD) except the kimono one that my twin is going to do.

So any opinions or suggestions?
First off, I respect you and man I want to see it as soon as your done with it. Haven't seen a Daddy Kratos cosplay before or I haven't browsed harder then I thought.

In the manga pic, it looks like a navy blue shirt with dark pants. The pants seem darker then the blue so maybe black for the pants and dark blue for the shirt.
As for the sword, I think people will recognize you if you go with the one he has in the game/anime.
__________________
2014 Cosplays: (Red for my Bro, Blue for Myself)
Next con: Oni-Con 2014
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #2313
KratosAurion28
Blame your fate
 
KratosAurion28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,131
@yamibakura03 Thanks for your thoughts, I also think that the pants are darker than the shirt. And a blue shirt with black pants would work quite nice I think (I mean his Judgment outfit has lot of blue in it). I have looked around in all cosplay sites I know off and I have never seen anyone doing daddy!Kratos witch got me excited to do it. I donīt know how many even know of that one being an official (obscure) outfit...

I see if I can do this cosplay next year. Itīs quite easy and I almost have everything already. I donīt think I can squeeze it into this years cosplay list though, since my costumes and cons are quite set now.
__________________

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link


Next con: Kemi's manga day (11/10 - 2014) Kemi, Finland
SAT - Casual Levi with Attack on Titan themed clothes

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 08-02-2012 at 06:45 AM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #2314
Lulzypop
Seeking new username
 
Lulzypop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralSheep View Post
I'm going to cosplay Colette, and I've basically got it all figure out except for two things. Firstly, I have no idea on how to go about making her neckware (the cruxis crystal and the necklace/choker above it.). I'm absolutely terrible at being crafty, so I'm extra lost!
And secondly, I'm having bit of difficulty with picking a wig. I've finally found two that are a suitable colour (the majority of the blonde wigs I've seen are either too light, or too dark!), and while I can narrow them down to being near the right colour, I can't really tell which one is a better match: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170836482612#ht_2737wt _1270
and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170836113603#ht_2654wt _1270
At least, I think they're close to the right color...

So yeah, if anyone has any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Um, I wrote a tutorial for how I managed the Cruxis Crystal and neckband without casting or resin or anything like that, for other amateurs. http://tokyograndpa.tumblr.com/post/...ystal-tutorial
Does it help at all?
__________________
Upcoming Events: Anime Boston 2012
Lulzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #2315
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,004
I have a question for Cheria cosplayers. What color would her hair be considered? It's pink but not....pink. I'm thinking about doing her school uniform version since I have everything for it but her hair. I really wonder why I'm having such a hard time finding a clip on poinytail wig in that color.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #2316
Rose of Battle
lolwut
 
Rose of Battle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I have a question for Cheria cosplayers. What color would her hair be considered? It's pink but not....pink. I'm thinking about doing her school uniform version since I have everything for it but her hair. I really wonder why I'm having such a hard time finding a clip on poinytail wig in that color.
Haha, I took months deciding on what color to go with. I chose a Raspberry Pink wig from Epic Cosplay.
__________________
Current Projects: Hikaru Shidou ~Winter Angel~ and ~Checkered Artbook Dress~ from Magic Knight Rayearth

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #2317
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
Haha, I took months deciding on what color to go with. I chose a Raspberry Pink wig from Epic Cosplay.
Oh that's a nice color. *_* I wished they sold wigs with shorter ponytails. Going to have to save up a bit to get the ponytail one for her.

And I bought a wooden star for my Fandom's Dream staff for Pascal. ^_^ I'm thinking about carving the wings for it out of craft foam since I have a ton of that stuff. Also I think I'm going to add a bit of glitter to the star to help it pop a bit.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #2318
Gemelli
Registered User
 
Gemelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 95
I'd like to crossplay Richard from Tales of Graces someday.
Gemelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #2319
Uerria
Costumer
 
Uerria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 227
Hey guyss. I want to cosplay Presea, but I really don't want those obnoxious pigtails, they look inconvienent and I feel like they'd start to lose the shape halfway through the con. I wanna make small versions (about half the size), but I want them to be more of teased, fluffy spikes instead of sharp, chunky spikes.

What do you guys think? Would you think I was just being lazy or inaccurate?
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #2320
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerria View Post
Hey guyss. I want to cosplay Presea, but I really don't want those obnoxious pigtails, they look inconvienent and I feel like they'd start to lose the shape halfway through the con. I wanna make small versions (about half the size), but I want them to be more of teased, fluffy spikes instead of sharp, chunky spikes.

What do you guys think? Would you think I was just being lazy or inaccurate?
Personally I'd think it would look just fine, Presea's hair is pretty... ridiculous anyway so having a more 'realistic' looking hair-style (like maybe similar to Madoka for example) is all good.
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #2321
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerria View Post
Hey guyss. I want to cosplay Presea, but I really don't want those obnoxious pigtails, they look inconvienent and I feel like they'd start to lose the shape halfway through the con. I wanna make small versions (about half the size), but I want them to be more of teased, fluffy spikes instead of sharp, chunky spikes.

What do you guys think? Would you think I was just being lazy or inaccurate?
I say go for it. ^_^ Her hair is pretty crazy and unrealistic. You will still be recognizable so I don't see anything wrong with it.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #2322
Uerria
Costumer
 
Uerria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 227
I was actually planning on getting a Madoka wig to use! xD Since everyone cosplays her, it's easy to find a cheap wig on Ebay now. Okay, thanks guys~ I know this will bother me in the long run, but I think this will be better for me. ._. (Ugh, accuracy freak.)

ON A SEPARATE NOTE.... is anyone working on a Tales cosplay? I wanna hear progress stories. I'm currently planning a secret Tales cosplay that I should have for Katsucon. I'll probably reveal it when it's done. (I've never done secret cosplays before and I'm usually a blabber mouth. Self control, self control! ;-
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #2323
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerria View Post
ON A SEPARATE NOTE.... is anyone working on a Tales cosplay? I wanna hear progress stories. I'm currently planning a secret Tales cosplay that I should have for Katsucon. I'll probably reveal it when it's done. (I've never done secret cosplays before and I'm usually a blabber mouth. Self control, self control! ;-
Well currently I have Pascal in the works. I just cropped a pair of pants today for her shorts(still not sure how to go about the cuffs on those things). I also have almost all of the parts for her Fandom Dream staff. I just need to cut out the wings and some wood and then paint everything.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #2324
FeralSheep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzypop View Post
Um, I wrote a tutorial for how I managed the Cruxis Crystal and neckband without casting or resin or anything like that, for other amateurs. http://tokyograndpa.tumblr.com/post/...ystal-tutorial
Does it help at all?
Sorry for the late reply, it's been a while since I've checked back here!

And it most certainly does help, I'll be sure to file it away for future use!
FeralSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #2325
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03
 
yamibakura03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerria View Post
I was actually planning on getting a Madoka wig to use! xD Since everyone cosplays her, it's easy to find a cheap wig on Ebay now. Okay, thanks guys~ I know this will bother me in the long run, but I think this will be better for me. ._. (Ugh, accuracy freak.)

ON A SEPARATE NOTE.... is anyone working on a Tales cosplay? I wanna hear progress stories. I'm currently planning a secret Tales cosplay that I should have for Katsucon. I'll probably reveal it when it's done. (I've never done secret cosplays before and I'm usually a blabber mouth. Self control, self control! ;-
well you know me, Im working on Lloyd at the moment. Im getting better at the spikes, so I should be able to finished it after the first or second week of classes.

Any chance anyone knows where I can find a base for Colette or Zelos? Im been looking around for a good quality wig and the last time I bought a wig, it was either too pink or too red. :/
__________________
2014 Cosplays: (Red for my Bro, Blue for Myself)
Next con: Oni-Con 2014
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.