Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlin View Post
Too bad you're not going to Sugoi, Kala, my friends and I are putting together a decent size Abyss group for the con (our Luke is doing short hair version, though.)

I've got my own wig problems too. I'm pretty much sure of everything EXCEPT the wigs for our Ion and Sync- wigs in that shade of green just aren't MADE, and I don't want to buy ones that are bright and saturated, so I've been digging around for a dark grey wig on cosworx that I can dye with the FW method.

The Amanda in color 44 is what I've tentatively settled on, since they're BOTH getting hacked, caulked, and styled to hell anyway, but I'm a tad afraid that since it's a brown-grey, instead of a black-grey, it'll throw off the color >< Opinions?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Doushi_Ion.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Synch_pic3.jpg
<--for the sake of reference XD

I was going to say something about Luke's gloves, but Fire Lily beat me to it XD. They shouldn't be that bad.

It's too close to Youma Con, that I can't request off the time for work. I'll be wearing Luke again at Ohayo Con, that's for sure, and I may have a few friends be there as well that will be wearing their Tales of cosplays.

But I've finally started on Genis. He's more of a pain in the butt then most of my other Tales of cosplays, but then again, all Tales of characters are a pain.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #17
Lothlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosButterfly View Post
Oooh, I'll be going to Sugoicon. Hopefully my group will also be from Tales of the Abyss, I'm planning on Natalia, my brother is going to be the big version of Tokunaga, and my older daughter is going to be Anise. We might have a Jade if she gets her stuff done, but my younger daughter is going to be from Tales of Mobile (Tales of Tactics) as Rukku, Rukko? Luke? I don't know her name, but she's this cute little thing with pink hair.
Oh excellent, you've mostly got characters we aren't doing XD. I'll probably start a photoshoot thread for it on the sugoicon forums, just because I'm going to be ridiculously busy the whole con and it's going to be hard pinning me down long enough for a big shoot if I don't already have one planned XD.

<.< hehe, our guy is totally up for being poked. I've already told him he's getting poked by me, but an Anise would just double the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalajessta View Post
It's too close to Youma Con, that I can't request off the time for work. I'll be wearing Luke again at Ohayo Con, that's for sure, and I may have a few friends be there as well that will be wearing their Tales of cosplays.

But I've finally started on Genis. He's more of a pain in the butt then most of my other Tales of cosplays, but then again, all Tales of characters are a pain.
Some of us will probably be at Ohayo, I think I will for sure. But not the whole group unfortunately. I'll make sure to bring Jade ^^
Lothlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #18
Varna
Rachel

I just decided that I AM going to cosplay Luke for sure (the short-haired version), I'm just not sure when exactly XD; I'd like to have him done by ACen or MTAC, but I've got three other costumes I have to finish before I start on Luke. Does anyone here go to either one of those cons out of curiosity?
Varna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #19
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlin View Post
Oh excellent, you've mostly got characters we aren't doing XD. I'll probably start a photoshoot thread for it on the sugoicon forums, just because I'm going to be ridiculously busy the whole con and it's going to be hard pinning me down long enough for a big shoot if I don't already have one planned XD.

<.< hehe, our guy is totally up for being poked. I've already told him he's getting poked by me, but an Anise would just double the fun!

Some of us will probably be at Ohayo, I think I will for sure. But not the whole group unfortunately. I'll make sure to bring Jade ^^
Awesome~! Yeah, I know for sure my Dist and Anise will be there, but other then that, I'm not sure about our Jade as well. Now the hard part... working out to get those abs xD;

Now I have to make sure my Colette and Lloyd are coming to Ohayo and wearing their costumes

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:36 PM   #20
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei-chaka View Post
I just decided that I AM going to cosplay Luke for sure (the short-haired version), I'm just not sure when exactly XD; I'd like to have him done by ACen or MTAC, but I've got three other costumes I have to finish before I start on Luke. Does anyone here go to either one of those cons out of curiosity?
I go to ACen. I'm not sure what Tales of cosplay I'm taking there. Most likely Genis and possibly a ToA cosplay of mine... I'm hoping to get ToF school outfit Guy or Luke done by then. Maybe even Kratos from ToS, but ACen is far down the list for me of what to plan, so who knows what I'll bring.

2008 Cons:

Last edited by kalajessta : 10-04-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
kalajessta
Chevalier

Speaking of which, would anyone like to get a ToF group together... especially their school uniforms?

2008 Cons:
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #22
Varna
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalajessta View Post
I go to ACen. I'm not sure what Tales of cosplay I'm taking there. Most likely Genis and possibly a ToA cosplay of mine... I'm hoping to get ToF Guy or Luke done by then.
Ooh do you mean their school uniforms? XD I actually kind of wanted to do the Viscount version of Luke but it looks a bit difficult for my level of cosplay experience XD; So I'll probably just stick with the original outfit for now.
Varna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #23
Lothlin

I might be going to Acen this year, but I don't know if I'm bringing my Jade- it wouldn't be that hard to change into it for a photoshoot, of course, but I was thinking about doing some Persona 3 cosplay and maybe Air Gear (or dragging Azel with me in the hopes I'll find more Magna Carta cosplayers)

...I have a feeling I'll have a car full up with costumes if I manage to go to Acen XD
Lothlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #24
AkinaSumora
Tales series lover

I wish I could get around to all these cons, my next one isn't until Anime Boston in March...

I will be cosplaying Tear's Cool Chick costume there, though! I've already started making the pants for it, although I still have no idea how to make that vest/coat thing she wears...

After that, I don't think my next con comes until Otakon again. There, I'm planning on Arietta's 2nd costume, and Reala from Destiny II. (That wig I have already, and I guess I can use my Lacus wig for Arietta. Somehow.)

If anyone has an idea on how to make that coat for Tear, I'm all ears...

Anime Boston '11
Thur: Pokemon Breeder (D/P/Pt)
Fri: Meredy (Tales of Eternia)
Sat: Minako Arisato (Persona 3 Portable)

Next con: Anime Boston '12
Yuyuko Saigyouji (Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom)
?Takane Shijou OR Ritsuko Akizuki (The Idolmaster)?
AkinaSumora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #25
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei-chaka View Post
Ooh do you mean their school uniforms? XD I actually kind of wanted to do the Viscount version of Luke but it looks a bit difficult for my level of cosplay experience XD; So I'll probably just stick with the original outfit for now.
Yep, I absolutely love their school uniforms <3 They're smecky.

2008 Cons:
Unread 10-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #26
DawnYuuki
Has Obsessive Tendencies

Alright! Tales cosplayers!

This may have been asked already, but I didn't really bother to go through all of the posts *is lazy*; is anyone here going to Oni-con in Houston, TX?

Seriously, I keep hearing of all of these Tales gatherings, but they're some four or five states away, or on dates that I'm already busy. I'ts depressing.

Anyway, though quite the newb (I comission my cosplay. Again, lazy.) I cosplay both Arche (ToP) and Luke (ToA). Don't ask how that works personality and looks wise, it just does. <.< >.>

I do have one question: I actually wanted to dye my hair (which is naturally a medium brown) Luke's color for Oni-con. I know of some decent temporary dye that I've used for the red color before, but I'm stumped on that whole gradiant/fade to peachy yellow thing that it does. Any ideas that won't damange my hair terribly (I've sortof vain...)?
DawnYuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
kalajessta
Chevalier

Question about Genis from ToS... does he have pointy elf ears? Every picture I see, his ears are covered up by his hair.

2008 Cons:
Unread 10-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #28
Tarika Sakka

I think Yuan, who is a half elf, has round ears but other half elves such as some of the Cardinals have short, tapered ears. You'd probably need to make a decision based on that, but I'd think that he has tapered ears.
Tarika Sakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #29
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarika Sakka View Post
I think Yuan, who is a half elf, has round ears but other half elves such as some of the Cardinals have short, tapered ears. You'd probably need to make a decision based on that, but I'd think that he has tapered ears.
Thanks. Some of my friends say don't even worry about it, but that's one reason why I love Genis because he is half elf <3

2008 Cons:
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #30
crazy_kuroi
Legally crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkinaSumora View Post
I wish I could get around to all these cons, my next one isn't until Anime Boston in March...

I will be cosplaying Tear's Cool Chick costume there, though! I've already started making the pants for it, although I still have no idea how to make that vest/coat thing she wears...

After that, I don't think my next con comes until Otakon again. There, I'm planning on Arietta's 2nd costume, and Reala from Destiny II. (That wig I have already, and I guess I can use my Lacus wig for Arietta. Somehow.)

If anyone has an idea on how to make that coat for Tear, I'm all ears...
I did the Cool Girl outfit for AX 07, so you can look at my pictures of it and see if you'd like my suggestions on putting it together and what I did. I'm missing the purple trim along the sides, but that's simple enough to add. It's also hard to see the lace and ribbon that I added to the center for the detail work, but it's there.

Hoping to maybe do Ion for NYAF 07, if I can actually get it done (I'm currently in NY, and my 3/4-finished costume is in CA until Thanksgiving, and the con is a week or so after that)
Future cons:
Y-con 08, Katsucon 09, Fanime 09, AX 09

Last edited by crazy_kuroi : 10-08-2007 at 01:55 AM.
crazy_kuroi is offline   Reply With Quote