Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #61
Rika-Chan
orz

I'm going to be the Sync in Zelos Wilder's group for Otakon~ (if I have the money to go anyway..) Even though I reaaaally should finish Asch for ACen, I might try to finish Sync before then and wear him there too :x

...but mostly like Asch for ACen since I spent so much damn money on that wig for last year and never really used it. Ugh. (Cosplaywig on ebay is really good, but REALLY expensive!)
Rika-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #62
Varna
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-Chan View Post
I'm going to be the Sync in Zelos Wilder's group for Otakon~ (if I have the money to go anyway..) Even though I reaaaally should finish Asch for ACen, I might try to finish Sync before then and wear him there too :x

...but mostly like Asch for ACen since I spent so much damn money on that wig for last year and never really used it. Ugh. (Cosplaywig on ebay is really good, but REALLY expensive!)
Yay, another ACen attendee! I'm gonna try to have Luke done for then, but I have three other cosplays I MUST finish first XD;
Varna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #63
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlin View Post
*pulls up reference photos*

Huh. As far as I can tell, there's only one real connection point for the belt-things- it's near the buckle, on the thumb side of the gloves. The rest of it just kind of poofs out with not much in the way of attachment- Maybe put some sort of stiffener, interfacing, whatever in the belt-bit, attach it near the buckle, and just make both sides so you can loosen them or tighten them like a belt? That's probably how they are, it looks like the right cuff is looser than the left cuff.

The trim is just edging though, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
I'll try it on my next attempt. I'm saving the gloves for last though, I'm so annoyed with them right now. Not even Guy's or Jade's gloves were this bad.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #64
Rika-Chan
orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei-chaka View Post
Yay, another ACen attendee! I'm gonna try to have Luke done for then, but I have three other cosplays I MUST finish first XD;
Oh gosh! Are you going to be Silabus for ACen?! I will love you so hard if you are and I find you there XD I was thinking about cosplaying as him, Kuhn, or Endrance POSSIBLY for ACen.. but my list is kind of full already (not that I really want to cosplay as Lambo since I don't read/watch the series he's from.. my friends dragged me into it)
Unread 10-15-2007, 12:46 AM   #65
Lothlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalajessta View Post
I'll try it on my next attempt. I'm saving the gloves for last though, I'm so annoyed with them right now. Not even Guy's or Jade's gloves were this bad.
Good luck XD

Oh man, all things considered, I've been having worse luck with the bootcovers for Jade than the gloves! I managed to get the gloves done without wanting to throw them out the window, but I just ended up cursing at the darn boots so much that i had to take a break. The dang things just won't stay up properly, and they're a little bunchy, and... ugh ><

They'll probably look better and less hassle-riffic after I've taken a bit of a break from them.
Lothlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #66
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Good luck XD

Oh man, all things considered, I've been having worse luck with the bootcovers for Jade than the gloves! I managed to get the gloves done without wanting to throw them out the window, but I just ended up cursing at the darn boots so much that i had to take a break. The dang things just won't stay up properly, and they're a little bunchy, and... ugh ><

They'll probably look better and less hassle-riffic after I've taken a bit of a break from them.
The boot covers were rather easy for me suprisingly. But I also had to use safety pins to keep them up. I wish there was an easier way for boot covers. Funny thing is, if you study the picture, Jade actually have boot covers. I found that amusing when I had to make them since I didn't know at the time if I should of invested in tall boots or make boot covers.

Thankfully Genis has small, tiny ones that I don't have to worry about too much. The rest of his costume will be a pain in the butt though.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
Unread 10-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #67
Lothlin

Yeah. I think I'm going to just cave and hide a safety pin in them, just to keep them from sliding while I walk. If my pants were tighter they might actually stay up by their lonesome, but my pants are JUST loose enough that the give in them makes the covers just slide right down. And no one will see the pins, so, it's all good XD

I do love that his bootcovers do look like cloth. Saves having to interface the crap out of the whole bloody thing XD
Unread 10-15-2007, 01:39 AM   #68
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Yeah. I think I'm going to just cave and hide a safety pin in them, just to keep them from sliding while I walk. If my pants were tighter they might actually stay up by their lonesome, but my pants are JUST loose enough that the give in them makes the covers just slide right down. And no one will see the pins, so, it's all good XD

I do love that his bootcovers do look like cloth. Saves having to interface the crap out of the whole bloody thing XD
Yeah, also a trick that might help is to put elastic in the brown parts too on top. That helped keep them up for the majority of it, but safety pins are always a plus for security.

2008 Cons:
Unread 10-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #69
Varna
Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-Chan View Post
Oh gosh! Are you going to be Silabus for ACen?! I will love you so hard if you are and I find you there XD I was thinking about cosplaying as him, Kuhn, or Endrance POSSIBLY for ACen.. but my list is kind of full already (not that I really want to cosplay as Lambo since I don't read/watch the series he's from.. my friends dragged me into it)
Hehe, yeah I'm doing Silabus for ACen XD I'll be wearing Shino there too, so I haven't decided which one I'm going to bring to the photoshoot XD; Probably Silabus, since I'm planning on entering the masquerade as Shino along with my friend cosplaying Haseo XD
Varna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 02:02 AM   #70
Grey Finch
Finch

Quote:
Good luck XD

Oh geeze, I know what you mean, I absolutely hated making Jade's boot covers. And afterwards I wasn't satisfied with them, so I just recently remade them and that was a pain too. x_x But if I could offer some advice, if you're using safety pins, be sure to give yourself enough slack! I used that method and I couldn't bend my knees very far without the fear of them popping off or ripping the tops of my boot covers or my pants. x_o

You could try sewing a strip of elastic around the inside so that it fits snugly against your thigh? I was going to use that method the second time, but my change of fabric stays up on the new pants much better.

I've been working on my friend's Tear cosplay so she could get in on this Tales fiasco with me. XD I'm trying to finish it by Halloween at least. Here's the progress I have so far. It looks bigger on me because it's commissioned of course. XD;

In-Progress:
TBD
Next Con:
ALA 2015

Deviantart : Website
Grey Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #71
Lothlin

I already have elastic in them, that's the sad part. But yeah, definately have to remember the slack bit- I think I found a good balance the other day.

Tear is looking good! Hope your friend likes it XD
Unread 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #72
Rika-Chan
orz

Does anyone have any suggestions on how one would style a wig for Sync? I've never style a wig before so I don't even know the right tools to use and whatnot, so its definitely going to be a challenge ^^;

I think I'm going to go ahead and get this wig to at least start as a base:

***THIS EBAY USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR SPAMMING THE FORUMS***167-Lake-Green...QQcmdZViewItem

And I've ordered from that seller before.. the red wig I bought was nice, just a little thin. But the second wig I bought was shorter and ended up not really fitting my head that well. So I'm a little concerned with that happening again.

If anyone has any suggestions on wig also, that'd be helpful. But I'm not looking to spend TOO much on it.. I just bought a wig for $40 after all and now I'm kicking myself for it :P (cosplaying on just a waitresses salary suuuuucks)
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #73
Lothlin

I think my roomate is going to probably turn it upside down and use a ton of caulk and hairspray on it. Though beyond that, I don't know, she gets to take care of the ultra-spikey ones.

I'd be worried about getting a wig that's too short for Sync, since there is a lot of long hair on his head. Better to have to cut some off than not have enough.
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #74
Rika-Chan
orz

That's true.. but long green wigs get expensive, even on ebay.
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #75
kalajessta
Chevalier

Actually the best method for styling wigs:

Got2B Hair Spray
Hair dyer

Make sure you use cool air on the wig.

2008 Cons: