Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #781
craxy-nights
AJ

Hey guys!

Any Tales of the Abyss-ers for AX '09? My friends and I are working on the God Generals (so far we have Dist, Arietta, and Legretta) so if anyone wants to party and take pictures with us, we'd love it!

Oh, and also, one of my friends and I are also going to do Zelos and Sheena too.

n__n
craxy-nights is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #782
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

I finally finished Battle Master! Jade:

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/p...dePreview1.png

I think I'm the only Battle Master Jade out there. I'm hoping to get more pics over the weekend, if not I'll have them after Youma Con.
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #783
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

So I've got the gigantic plastic spheres (read: Christmas balls) I'm drilling into Rutee's shoulder plates.

Fun this shall be, Mr. Dremel. I've got everything I need for Rutee, I just need to get some shorts and the shoes. Then onto sewing. I even had a wig in storage that I can use. Lucky is the me.

Oh, and I'm not dead. Just ridiculously busy.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #784
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envel View Post
I even had a wig in storage that I can use. Lucky is the me.
Looks like you hit jackpot in the Destiny wig department! Except for Leon. Frickin princess.

Started on my armor and have fallen in love with wonderflex, a god material amongst cosplay things. LOVE IT. Also got fabric for flowing caaaaaaaaaaaaaapes. Because of money, I've decided that Destiny will be the only new stuff for Ohayocon this time around, which means that they'll only rock that much more. <3

I wanna cosplay as Norma so bad. ;-;
Unread 10-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #785
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envel View Post
So I've got the gigantic plastic spheres (read: Christmas balls) I'm drilling into Rutee's shoulder plates.

Fun this shall be, Mr. Dremel. I've got everything I need for Rutee, I just need to get some shorts and the shoes. Then onto sewing. I even had a wig in storage that I can use. Lucky is the me.

Oh, and I'm not dead. Just ridiculously busy.
Yay! I look forward to your Rutee. I've only seen my best friend's and another girl...~

I'm still working on Chelsea ^~^ All I need left is to actually get SEWING >/ (I keep getting lazy!) and then buy her boots...and wig. All will be set ^-^ I'm working on her knee-pads today!
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #786
Terranell
Princess Complex

That reminds me, StrawberiiShiek... I took pictures for your little photo tutorial. I really don't know how helpful it will be, so I don't think I'll be posting it on my gallery. I'll caption the pictures and make links in a PM for you. I did it while I was resetting my Arche ponytail.
Unread 10-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #787
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
That reminds me, StrawberiiShiek... I took pictures for your little photo tutorial. I really don't know how helpful it will be, so I don't think I'll be posting it on my gallery. I'll caption the pictures and make links in a PM for you. I did it while I was resetting my Arche ponytail.
Ohhh~Okay! Senks !
Unread 10-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #788
refia

T-Tale of Destiny cosplayers?! That aren't asian!?
I think I've died...lol
I had how rare they are....
I personally am planning a Philia cosplay for the future. n__n ....

<Edit: Er....I didn't mean anything racist with the asian comment. I just meant I've only seen Japanese cosplayers cosplaying from that game. >

Last edited by refia : 10-11-2008 at 12:56 PM.
refia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #789
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by refia View Post
T-Tale of Destiny cosplayers?! That aren't asian!?
I think I've died...lol
I had how rare they are....
I personally am planning a Philia cosplay for the future. n__n ....

<Edit: Er....I didn't mean anything racist with the asian comment. I just meant I've only seen Japanese cosplayers cosplaying from that game. >
Destiny was one of my first loves in the Tales universe! I played it shortly after Eternia... which was my first. <3 (I'm working on a Farah costume for a friend in Canada.) Honestly I'm just happy that there's a chance people will KNOW WHO WE ARE when we debut them at Ohayocon! I love all the Tales games, but it seems a lot of people aren't familiar with a lot of the games that came before Symphonia. I want a big Destiny group!!!

lul hay Envel, Drew wants to try for Abyss after all.... >_>
Unread 10-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #790
RogueMage

Destiny was my first Tales game, and one of my first JRPGs ever. It's still my favorite of the series, after all of these years, and one of my greatest regrets is that all of the characters that I'd want to cosplay from it wear armor. Ah well, at least I could do second-best and cosplay from Abyss a couple years ago.
RogueMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #791
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by craxy-nights View Post
Hey guys!

Any Tales of the Abyss-ers for AX '09? My friends and I are working on the God Generals (so far we have Dist, Arietta, and Legretta) so if anyone wants to party and take pictures with us, we'd love it!

Oh, and also, one of my friends and I are also going to do Zelos and Sheena too.

n__n
Slight possibility. I want to revamp my Emperor Peony cosplay and either get someone else to wear it while I make Nephry (or vice versa) or just toss Peony out and make another character. I've been leaning toward Sync but I can appreciate Guy and Aslan Frings.
Unread 10-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #792
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

I LOVE that AnimeExpo has a lot of Japanese cosplayers and just con-goers who come from Japan just to go to the con. When my best friend went as Rutee she had a lot of Japanese people running up to her because they knew who she was...when a lot of Amercian cosplayers weren't too sure.

>< So I know people at AX will at least know me. Not sure how Fanime will go. o-o; Chelsea is going to be so fun ^~^ She's so cute.
Unread 10-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #793
Devkyu

I've decided that, to go with my Arietta cosplay, I will be making a gigantic liger fursuit/stuffed animal. I plan to make it so that if I can't bribe one of my friends to wear it (I can't blame them if they don't... all that fur in august in baltimore...) I'll just stuff it full of polyfill like a giant stuffed animal.

Only problem is deciding what method to use for the head. I might end up using plastic mesh for it. I just know by time this is done, it is going to be bigger than I am.
Devkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #794
refia

@ Terranell] If I could only go to Ohayocon. ;_; Fff...Funny thing is, one of my friends was trying to get me to get my passport so I could hang out with her there this year , haha.
Oh! I hope I end up seeing your friend in that costume sometime then.
I love Eternia...especially Ried. LOL

@ RogueMage] I know how you feel about all the characters you want to cosplay with the armor... I want to cosplay Garr so bad but I can't with no armour skills. LOL
n__n Destiny was one of my first rpgs too!
refia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #795
Plum Blossom
the banana

My friend and I have a slight possibility of going to AX as Frings and Cecile, does that count? xD

And AUSA was this past weekend, and while I didn't get to wear it very much, here is my Yuri (linked out cos I don't have any good pictures of myself hahahaha). And my Rita

otakon - august 8~10
( cecil aijima - uta no prince-sama, matsuoka gou - free!, munakata reisi - k )
Plum Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote