Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #841
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissay-face View Post
So, I started looking up reference pictures of Alice for the first time...
But I can't find any. .____.;
There are plenty of the front of her outfit, but none of the back where there's a huge triangle-shaped gap.
If anyone finds any pictures of the back of Alice's clothing, please let me know. xD
Same here. I really want to do an Alice cosplay but we need pictures of the back! XD

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #842
STiR
o 3 o

I am considering doing either a Guy Cecil or Luke fon Fabre cosplay...but I want someone's opinion on which I should go for atm! (I'm trying to get one of these costumes ready for MTAC and AWA.) I don't like cosplaying as someone I doubt I could pull off. I was first thinking about Luke, he's a redhead AND left handed (I'm left handed and there's not a whole slew of left handed characters). But, if I attempt him, I'm getting the abs. That'll take work to do and I'm very much on the lazy side. XD

Guy, on the other hand, doesn't show tummy! I think I might have the legs to do him decently, but I'm not sure how well I'd look with short hair...or as a blonde. Plus when I think of his facial structure, I think of a European face. I've got a soft face. I think. Sorry if I'm picky or anything. It's just if I go for something, I want to do it right and as accurately as possible! DX
STiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #843
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Personally, I think you should be Guy, but I'm sure you'd make a fantastic Luke as well. I'm a Luke cosplayer myself--but I need a new wig that's less poofy. >_> Luckily, I'm getting that for Christmas.

I don't have abs at aaalllll but I was often told that I made a very good Luke at Otakon this past year. I have enough of a tummy to show that I'm healthy and neither underweight nor overweight.

Either way, you'll be cosplaying a great character.

Actually...now that I look at your picture, I think you'd make a better Luke. XD Ah well--it's your choice!

Unread 12-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #844
STiR
o 3 o

XD! Um... Thanks for the input! If I did go as Luke it'll be his short haired version. Probably. It's hard to get/style good wigs! I saw a decent short wig for Luke on eBay...needed a few adjustments, but it was still pretty good.

That would make a lovely Christmas gift. :3
I might check that con out. I'm trying to go to more than just 1 or 2 cons, and I've heard a bit about Otakon.
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #845
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I'm a little biased because the only cons I've ever been to have been Otakon '07 and '08 XD but I think Otakon is amazing. There are so many different people and there's always something fun going on. It's definitely worth checking out!

Good luck on your Luke! He's so adorable and fun to cosplay. His jacket is by far my favorite part of the costume because when you walk, it flows behind you! I was extremely amused by it.

Unread 12-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #846
STiR
o 3 o

I checked some stuff out for Otakon and it seems pretty cool. I might not be able to go to it anytime soon since it's a ways out of my way. D: Unless there's a group from Alabama, Tennessee or Georgia going to it and would let me go with them... XD;

Thanks. ^^ And I bet! His jacket looks so nifty.
Unread 12-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #847
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Wow. I live right by Baltimore so it's the closest con to me! XD

It really is nifty. It's absolutely fantastic.

Unread 12-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #848
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Please keep this thread Tales related please.... ^^;; There is an Otakon discussion forum.
Unread 12-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #849
LemonGel

UGH.
I'm about ready to throw away my Martel cosplay and quit! It's driving me crazy. =[
And my wig is the wrong color. I needed a light green, and they sent me this teal color. It was a different color than the one I ordered and I don't have the patience to send it back.
Think I should just deal with the teal wig? It won't be accurate...but the rest of my costume will...when I get around to finishing the darn thing. I've been working on it on and off for the past year, and I'm pretty sick of it...I might wear it to MTAC...or OMG!con.
If I could just finish it! I hate being unmotivated to do something! But I want to finish this epic costume!
LemonGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #850
STiR
o 3 o

Where did you get it from? Try sending the supplier an e-mail and hopefully they will do something about it. I've never gotten the wrong color wig before, but my supplier never sent my wig on one occasion. I sent them a complaint, let them know my item (and the ID number for the transaction, I think) and they did something about it. :3
If not, try going to Sally or any other hair care store and get the closest dye color you need! I don't have any experience with dying wigs, so I'm not so sure how well that would work. O:

I hope that helped a little. ^^
I didn't see many 'Tales of' people for the MTAC thread, so I hope you do go as Martel~
Unread 12-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #851
LemonGel

Thanks! I didn't really do my homework -it was my first time buying a wig- and apparently the place I bought from a lot of bad reviews. I'd send it back, but it took around 6 months for them to actually send the wig in the first place, and I'd e-mailed them 6 different times so I think I'm just going to tough it out with the wrong color...even though it kills me to be inaccurate.

Yeah, I didn't see many Tales cosplayers either. I did run into the katz exploration team and a zelos and sheena though. =]
LemonGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #852
STiR
o 3 o

Again. Sorry about that. D: 6 months seems waaaay too long.

I'm going to get the fabric for Guy's outfit and start working on it sometime this week. I really want to have it ready by April for the con. ^^
Unread 12-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #853
Leda
nublet

hihi ^-^
i was thinking of cosplaying as Rita from Tales of Vesperia and I already have most of her costume down like her sleeves, shoes, hair (yay for my natural spikeyish/brown hair!) and etc. but its the ACTUAL costume-dress-thingy that she wears that im kinda stuck on x__x
i was thinking of starting from pure scratch and get a bunch of fabric and sew my butt off but im afraid it's gonna look bad (considering i've never sewn anything in my life, and no one that i know can sew or is willing to) and how much money that's gonna consume... i only have around 400-500 dollars to save, if not maybe more
so i was wondering if there are any suggestions on what I should start off with first? D: and if i do have to start from scratch, where's the best place to get the cheapest fabric?
and, how much would tailors charge to sew up a costume like this?
x.x;
as you can tell i'm kinda new to costume making, i always "made" my costumes by buying similar looking clothing, and rearranging it a little bit with scissors and glue and it turned out perfect
i cosplayed as Misa & Matt once from Death Note, but those are pretty simple costumes and i was looking for a more tougher looking costume to make and as I was playing Vesperia
BAM
it hit me
so yeah... o.o
Leda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #854
Terranell
Princess Complex

*parade* STAHN'S ALMOST DONE! I have to finish the armor and hopefully the Dymlos and I am D O N E. I will not be posting progress though... I'll just post some pictures of how ridiculous I look when the costume is complete. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonGel View Post
UGH.
I'm about ready to throw away my Martel cosplay and quit! It's driving me crazy. =[
And my wig is the wrong color. I needed a light green, and they sent me this teal color. It was a different color than the one I ordered and I don't have the patience to send it back.
Think I should just deal with the teal wig? It won't be accurate...but the rest of my costume will...when I get around to finishing the darn thing. I've been working on it on and off for the past year, and I'm pretty sick of it...I might wear it to MTAC...or OMG!con.
If I could just finish it! I hate being unmotivated to do something! But I want to finish this epic costume!
It is a bit of a shame that they sent you the wrong wig, but I don't think a darker teal would be much of a problem. Personally I would be happy just to see a Martel. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiR
Where did you get it from? Try sending the supplier an e-mail and hopefully they will do something about it. I've never gotten the wrong color wig before, but my supplier never sent my wig on one occasion. I sent them a complaint, let them know my item (and the ID number for the transaction, I think) and they did something about it. :3
If not, try going to Sally or any other hair care store and get the closest dye color you need! I don't have any experience with dying wigs, so I'm not so sure how well that would work. O:
I DO recommend taking part of STiR's advice... contacting the place would be a great idea, as it couldn't do a bit of harm. However, no hair dye!! Human hair dye does not take in synthetic fiber at all, it would ruin your poor wig. Permanent inks (sharpie, FW, etc) work only when dying a light wig to a dark color. But as I said before... I don't think the darker hair won't be too terrible.

Last edited by Terranell : 12-23-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Terranell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #855
Kyrill
Procrastinating Cosplayer

hi, i was wondering if anyone has a full body picture or knows where can I find more picture of this version of Rita >>>
http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0577024ot6.jpg
May I know what version and when did she wear it cause I didn't play the game before so I am quite clueless about it.

Thank you~
Kyrill is offline   Reply With Quote