Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #856
Kyrill
Procrastinating Cosplayer

hi,

does anyone know where can i find pictures of all of Tales of Vesperia's character's unlockable costumes?

also does anyone have a full body picture of this costume and when did she wear this?

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3022343wo6.jpg

Thank you.
Kyrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #857
Sugarlat
Insert randomness here.

I'm cosplaying Anise Tatlin
And I was wondering if anyone knew how or where i can make/get a Tokunaga?
Sugarlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #858
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlat View Post
I'm cosplaying Anise Tatlin
And I was wondering if anyone knew how or where i can make/get a Tokunaga?
Unfortunately I don't think there would be an official Tokunaga to buy. (The mail-in Tokus were soooo cute though.) Your best bet would be to buy a teddy bear pattern and modify it to look like our burlap friend or commission an abled person to make one for you. Best of luck!
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #859
Zombie Cancer

So, I'm going to start a Decus cosplay in the next couple of week and I have no idea how to make his shirt/jacket thing. I'm also going to attempt to make that big coffin thing he carries around.

Any pointers for a novice cosplayer such as I?

EDIT:: Here is that picture of the back of Alice's costume everyone was looking for!
^ ^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b6173343512c555fc3f4e281f83be636.jpg (108.7 KB, 0 views)
Hawk - Tales of Symphonia 2 - 2010

Last edited by Zombie Cancer : 12-27-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Zombie Cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #860
Candybomb
Tsukahime

Oooo. Tales of Cosplay thread. xD I'm having a whole bunch of trouble with my costume(s) for Tales of the abyss. I'm going to be Fon Master Ion and I have to make my friend's Anise Tatlin costume since she doesn't know how to sew and we're doing a TOA group cosplay in celebration of the anime coming out. (Yayyy) Ion's shoes confuse me and most times when I see an Ion cosplayer they have either white or gold ballerina slippers...but I want to make them right. And then there's his hair....I bought a green wig recently intending to use it for Ranka Lee from Macross Frontier, but I've dropped it and I'm using it for Ion..but it's lime green...and since I'm picky I'm not sure if I should dye it a darker green or keep it as is. I need opinions/help please!
I've gotten to the point where just looking at TOA makes me cry.

Plus to make it worse, I have to help my friend make her Tokunaga mascot costume and I have no idea where to begin.

Arghh...

Planned Costumes:
Bunny Girl! Flame Princess (Adventure Time)-100%
School Girl Miku Hatsune (pink/Vocaloid)-100%
Aoi (Dangan Ronpa) - %30
Candybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #861
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Cancer View Post
So, I'm going to start a Decus cosplay in the next couple of week and I have no idea how to make his shirt/jacket thing. I'm also going to attempt to make that big coffin thing he carries around.

Any pointers for a novice cosplayer such as I?

EDIT:: Here is that picture of the back of Alice's costume everyone was looking for!
^ ^
I'm a novice as well, so I can't really give any tips. ^_^; Good luck! And thank you for the picture! I managed to find some pictures by screen capping bits of scenes of the game from YouTube but that is extremely helpful. I love you! Alice will be much easier now.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #862
AmazingKenchan
Sky Pirate Klonoa

I can take some pictures of my Ion costume/wig, but I never really figured anything out for the shoes. I'm probably canning the costume though, I don't really have the face for Ion. As for Tokunaga, I've seen some good Tokunaga plush for sale before, I could point them out if I ever see any more.
AmazingKenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #863
Candybomb
Tsukahime

Aww, that's too bad. D: I understand the feeling though.

If you do decided to take some pictures it would be a big help. Thank you in advance~! <3

Planned Costumes:
Bunny Girl! Flame Princess (Adventure Time)-100%
School Girl Miku Hatsune (pink/Vocaloid)-100%
Aoi (Dangan Ronpa) - %30
Candybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #864
Yulia
Professional Girl

Hiya, I'm planning a Merines!Shirley cosplay for Kumoricon 09. Would cotton be an acceptable fabric to use, even though it's sort of a ceremonial thing? And if cotton is okay, is there a certain kind of cotton I could use that wrinkles less? I had a friend make my current Shirley costume, before I knew how to sew, and it barely wrinkles at all. But since I've started, I've gained a little hate for cotton because it constantly needs to be ironed or it doesn't look smooth at all.

Thanks very much!

Also, for reference, her outfit concept art looks like this (and it's pretty similar to the final product) PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TALES OF LEGENDIA SPOILER. http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5...ymelnes7za.jpg
Yulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #865
Rose of Battle
lolwut

So, I was wondering if anyone knew a good way in how I should approach Luke's belt from Tales of the Abyss.
http://ui31.gamespot.com/2014/luke1721541spql_2.jpg
I'm probably going to make the circular buckle out of clay, but I'm not sure how I'd attach that to the belt itself over the belt buckle. If I glued it on, I wouldn't be able to get the buckle on or off. >.< Any suggestions?

Unread 01-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #866
hjwbroussard

hey i dont know if this was asked already, but has anyone made a cosplay of Emil from
tales of symphonia dawn of a new world
hjwbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #867
STiR
o 3 o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
So, I was wondering if anyone knew a good way in how I should approach Luke's belt from Tales of the Abyss.
I'm probably going to make the circular buckle out of clay, but I'm not sure how I'd attach that to the belt itself over the belt buckle. If I glued it on, I wouldn't be able to get the buckle on or off. >.< Any suggestions?
Maybe velcro or add a hook and loop to it so it'll fasten? Or add studs to the back of the buckle and make some very small holes in the belt so the studs will stick into the holes? Just throwing those out there. O:
STiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #868
hjwbroussard

that can work.thanks.do you know anything i can use for his sword.
hjwbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #869
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiR View Post
Maybe velcro or add a hook and loop to it so it'll fasten? Or add studs to the back of the buckle and make some very small holes in the belt so the studs will stick into the holes? Just throwing those out there. O:
Yeah, I was considering using velcro or something else creative. Thanks!

Unread 01-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #870
Terranell
Princess Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
Hiya, I'm planning a Merines!Shirley cosplay for Kumoricon 09. Would cotton be an acceptable fabric to use, even though it's sort of a ceremonial thing? And if cotton is okay, is there a certain kind of cotton I could use that wrinkles less? I had a friend make my current Shirley costume, before I knew how to sew, and it barely wrinkles at all. But since I've started, I've gained a little hate for cotton because it constantly needs to be ironed or it doesn't look smooth at all.

Thanks very much!

Also, for reference, her outfit concept art looks like this (and it's pretty similar to the final product) PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TALES OF LEGENDIA SPOILER. http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5...ymelnes7za.jpg
I will love you forever if you do this costume. SERIOUSLY. IT NEEDS TO BE DONE. As far as what to make the outfit out of, I'd say it's really a matter of what the cosplayer thinks the character would wear. A cotton with a higher thread count and better quality shouldn't look bad--it's only when people use things like cheap broadcloth that take away from the quality of the costume. I personally would do a combination of different fabrics... such as a lower sheen satin for the skirt and a sateen for the top. Many possibilities--shop around and see what you can find before you settle on just one thing, you may find something great! (And please post pictures when you finish the costume!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
I actually had the same exact problem when I made Stahn's belt. I wish I had my computer back so I could show you a picture of how I made it, but I'll do what I can to explain. If you want the belt to be functional then use a real belt buckle (or a real belt if you can find one similar) and attach the pendant/charm/whatever it is you will make onto the buckle without blocking the tab. I used half of a christmas bulb and glued it onto the BACK of the buckle... so it's kind of like putting the belt on backwards. But it works for me! I hope that made a little sense. I'm known for saying confusing things. =X