Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Princess_Moon

Metrocon July 18-20th 08

METROCON - YEAR 6
Florida's Largest Anime Convention
July 18-20, 2008 Tampa, Florida! they have accounced the dates.

hey guys i know its way early to be talking about this but check out the new updates on their website.

"the people and the friends we have lost..or the dreams that have fadded.. never forget them.."

http://hime-geisha.livejournal.com/
Princess_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
TheMask3dPenguin
Avenging Global Warming

It's never too early to be talking about the next Metrocon! XD

The costumer formerly known as .hack//chaos :O

MegaCon 2009- Rogue (X-Men), The Firey (CCS), Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)

Metrocon 2008- Tsunade, Leader of the Metro Chunin Exams
Metrocon 2009- Panel Room Co-Coordinator

Soon to come: Metrocon 2009, AFO 2009
TheMask3dPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Solo
Mou

Never. I'll be wearing Yui from Fushigi Yugi agian ^_^, other than that I'm not sure of the costume line up. Anyone else interested in a FY group for 2008?
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
SiriusLoveGirl
The Sphinx

Never, ever to early. Man, I cannot wait for it! I wanna know what next year's AHCM theme is.

Megacon 2014
Nagisa Hazuki - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Saturday)

Armin Arlert - Attack on Titan (Sunday)

SiriusLoveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 04:12 AM   #5
Leenus

NEver never to early I can't wait for all the planning to begin.
Unread 10-08-2007, 06:57 AM   #6
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Dude. We were talking about the next Metrocon during LAST Metrocon.

HOLY CRAP EVERYONE I KNOW STOP MAKING PANELS THAT I FEEL THE NEED TO BE IN.

That is all. I'm going to go die in a corner with all the panel work I have stacking up. But I love it so freaking much.

And I'd tell the theme if I thought it appropriate. We were told at the extended Metro closing ceremonies, along with an ending video that should be online soon as well, and we were again told at the Necronomicon Metrocon panel, where we also learned a good twenty to twenty-five characters that'll be on the board. BUT. The site should be updating within a week or so, so just hold tight. =)
Days Undecided: Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney 5), Tyleet (ElfQuest), Squirrel Girl (Marvel Comics), Gambit (X-Men), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (AFO Orlandia OC); Sunday: Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron) OR Fawn (Disney Fairies)
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
Soliel_Hime
where's my cookie?!

I'll be there. I had a blast last year. I'll be cosplaying Rukia and Tenten.
Heisuke (Hakuouki)-50%
Panty (PSG)-45%
Punk!England (Hetalia)-90%
Pirate!England (Hetalia)-95%
Queen of Hearts! Japan (Hetalia)-10%
Kyouko (Madoka)-5%

~Soliel Hime

Last edited by Soliel_Hime : 01-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Soliel_Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

All right, question time! Yes, I know it's freaking early, but bear with me.

I am thinking of holding Whose Line auditions before the actual convention. We always get wonderful people each year... but no matter how amazing they are, the show is always missing something. That something is chemistry. Chemistry is what kept the actual show running for as many seasons as it did, and I really, really want that. Especially for a super-awesome secret I'm holding back until more Metrocon information goes up. I'm going to be posting something similar to this over at the AM forums, but I know there are a lot of people here that don't visit those forums, and I want feedback from everyone.

Should I go ahead with this? It will be difficult to schedule in, especially if I get into chess match and/or masquerade for my third year, but I think it would really improve the show. I am pretty sure I will only have a single team of four this year, making the selection process even more difficult. Having an audience vote by applause and announcing decisions on the spot have always given me and my staff a headache, because we always seem to turn away a handful of wonderful people that I would rather see on cast. Also, if the team is picked ahead of time, I would host... somewhere... at least one meeting for everyone to get to know each other.

Now, this latter piece is what I really, really want out of my team this year. I know I could probably, maybe get away with it at the con - have the final team disappear after the panel and hang out with one another. The problem is I'd like to get to know them, too, but Metrocon leaves me with little free time, so I could probably only manage an hour either directly after auditions in the middle of the afternoon or late after the masquerade... and that would mean my team missing the rave or dance or whatever comes after masquerade this year.

So, I will stop rambling know that I've said gods-awful amounts of crap. This especially goes out to anyone who is actually aiming to be in the Whose Line panel, but also to anyone who enjoyed the informality and ULTIMATE POWER that came with a panel just for auditions.

So. Uhm. Comments? =D
Days Undecided: Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney 5), Tyleet (ElfQuest), Squirrel Girl (Marvel Comics), Gambit (X-Men), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (AFO Orlandia OC); Sunday: Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron) OR Fawn (Disney Fairies)
Unread 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I can't wait! I'll be there all three days as usual, I'm going to be cosplaying as Sailor Chibimoon, and doing a secret costume with a friend and my boyfriend for the costume contest. Other than that, probably re-wearing a few things. I'm already working on Metro stuff, actually! It's never too early to start on things!

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Yuffie from Kingdom Hearts, Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
Brio
the fuzzy one

Ah...Metrocon.

I already know my cosplay lineup. I think. Wingless Kero for part of Friday, Rosette Saturday, and sunday, street clothes. *nods* I'm keeping it reallly simple. So I can work on my 'new beast' for later cons.

ChibiKitsune, I really like your idea of having pre-con auditions. I wasn't able to acctually see the anime whose line is it anyway, but I have been in that kind of thing as an on the spot participation. It's hard to 'joke around' with people when you don't know how far you can push it before someone takes offense.

I can't wait for Metro 08 either.I think i've managed to memorize the newtype bit by now with how often I check the site *along with every other FL con site XD, but yeah* Ah...I want a time machine...T.T

~In progress/upcoming Projects~
Liger Zero 95% completed - Metro '10

~Upcoming Cons~
Metrocon
AFO
EXPcon
MFF?
Oyahocon?
FWA?
Anime North?
Brio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
Lucifer

I'm passing on Metrocon 6, as I live in Orlando now and rather not spend so much on the hotel (assuming its the same one from last year).

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #12
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Yeah, I've found that too, Brio. It's like... the people we get are better every year, but there's just so much more to do when you know your group better. And I could banter more with people I know. >D

And since my spunky and outspoken right-or-left-hand-man (we haven't figured out which he is yet) has still not made a cosplay.com account (the silly, silly boy), I am forced to relay his AM message over here for his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. (via AnimeMetro forums)
And we're BACK! No commercial break could keep us away. Not even infomercials can stop the hilarity!

You guys probably show up just for the bubblewrap anyway.

For those of you who have no idea who I am (which is understandable, I'm not the one who does all the talking, I just stand off to the far right and laugh at you while wearing a cheese shirt), I'm the game designer guy. And maybe the right-hand-man. I'm partially responsible for you guys making fools of yourselves in front of hundreds of people. The rest is all on you though, you guys are crazy.

Games
Whose Line '08 will most likely be sporting an increased roster of improv games, including two and three player games that we haven't really done in the past two years. You might even see some new four player games. But the one addition I'm really looking forward to...

..well, let's just say that I hope you have a nice singing voice.

We'll let you know more as we go, but you can count on things being much improved this year. Except the point system, we're trying our best but they still just don't seem to matter.
Unread 10-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #13
Foos
Monster Hunter Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
I'm passing on Metrocon 6, as I live in Orlando now and rather not spend so much on the hotel (assuming its the same one from last year).
Ah, yeah. The hotel was quite pricey last year around, especially since we'd been told the skywalk between the hotel and con center was gonna be covered. >.< But considering how expensive rooms are for Megacon and AFO for FAR less spacious, kinda cheap hotel room and consistent billing problems, I figure I'll manage in Tampa (though I do love those I-drive hotel's close proximity to Howl at the Moon!).
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #14
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I ended up rooming at a hotel several blocks away last year. It wasn't too bad making the trek back and forth though, and we saved a bit of money, so it was worth it. Also, it was very quiet at that hotel, so definately a good decision in the long run!

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Yuffie from Kingdom Hearts, Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #15
Sloth Elric
je t'aime tant.

Thankfully, I live thirty minutes from Tampa, which makes just staying at home and driving myself there very easy. :3 I have a friend that will be coming all the way from Canada just to attend next year's Metrocon with me, which makes things extra fun.

I've even already begun planning cosplay! It may be crazy, but I want to plan a BLEACH photoshoot to happen. I happened to go to one at NDK '07 and, oh lkasjdflj, are they so much fun. This needs to happen at Metrocon '08! This year I happened to be Hueco Mundo!Aizen Sousuke. Next year, I'll be Szayel Aporro Grantz and maybe Grimmjow Jaggerjack. We shall see~
Sloth Elric is offline   Reply With Quote