Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #16
missind33
XD

The last Metrocon was the first convention I went to, but I didn't cosplay. This year though, I am going to cosplay. Whatever cosplays I get done I am totally wearing to Metrocon. (I live 45 minutes away, and this is the closest convention in my area). I am so excited about the next Metrocon!

Last: Metrocon Fri: Ping (Mulan), Sat: Anastastia Romanov (Anastasia), Sun: Treeko (Pokemon Gijinka)
Next: AFO: Friday: Treeko (Pokemon Gijinka)?, Sat: Trucy Wright (Apollo Justice)
Future Costumes: Artbook Sakura (Tsubasa), TBA
missind33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

I'll be there, as always ^^ Hopefully I won't break my elbow this year X3

Still working out cosplay plans with Black Lily, so not sure yet, but we'll figure it out.
Unread 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Character list is up for this year's chess match auditions! This year is wrapping up the first saga, so it should be pretty damn awesome.

Looks like I may very well be having at-con auditions for Whose Line, but with more strings attached than before - those who audition MUST MUST MUST make it to the actual performance the next day, will not be chosen solely on audience votes, and will have to spend some time with me, the rest of the cast, and my staff on Friday. Hopefully, it'll all go over well.
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #19
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

Me and my group may actually be able to go this year! It all really depends on our money. But we may just pass up AFO for Metro. We havn't been to ether one yet.
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #20
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

In my opinion, Metro is much more fun than AFO, and alot more spacious! So I would recommend Metro, VM.

Chess characters aren't that appealing to me this year which I suppose is a very good thing, since 1)I wasn't intending on trying out and 2) too many costumes to make next year TO try out. x_x

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #21
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

Hime- Thanks! I know a couple of people said the same thing. I think the only real reason I really wanted to go was because I heard the costumes where always amazing. But i've always wanted to go to Metro, so why not? I'll have to talk it out with my friends first of corse.

If we do go, saturday we will be doing a Magic Knight Rayearth group I believe ^.^
Unread 10-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
Aleera
Master Thief

I will likely be going next year. I waited this long to post, since I'll be moving colleges in FL soon to complete my B.A. degree. It's a big transition.

VampiricMosaic: I agree with Hime on this one. Metrocon is more fun and the costumes are usually the best in FL. Not to mention the convention center is great. But you will need to have access to a car or parent with one for food runs, unless you want to pay lots for con center condoments. And the con hotel is more money, but it is much closer. So do your research. And as I told someone else before in response to a question there are no trains nearby Metrocon, so it's a by car con. 5 hours from where I live, it would be 4-5 for you also (depending on weather etc.).

Hime: The chess cast is interesting, but there aren't as many wow I really want to try out roles as in past years. Yet I see at least 3 characters I like.
Unread 10-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #23
SiriusLoveGirl
The Sphinx

O_O Vicious. Vicous is in the next chess match, ::explodes:: WOO.

It's been decided that my friends and I will probably cosplay as Hayner Pence and Olette from Kingdom Hearts one day, and Misty, May, and Dawn from Pokemon another day. I can't wait!

Megacon 2014
Nagisa Hazuki - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Saturday)

Armin Arlert - Attack on Titan (Sunday)

SiriusLoveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #24
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

Thanks for the help guys! I talked to my friends about it and they agreed to. Guess we're gonan push for going to Metrocon for the first time in our lives! Yay! Yeah, I would have to ask my mom to take us. Maybe she can just hang with my step dad and do somthing there.
I know the convention center very well because I go there every year for state compition for drama. So I had to live in that vacinity. I'd rather stay at the hotel across from it so my mom wotn freak out when it comes to driving.
Yayness!
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:08 AM   #25
Leenus

Wow looking at the line-up for the chess match I just might be trying out for a role.
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:02 AM   #26
Foos
Monster Hunter Addict!

VM: The costumes at Metro are just about on par with AFO now, seriously. If not better. Plus, the con hotel is WONDERFUL. There is a huge open space running from the ground to ceiling with all the floors looped around it, so you can play GREAT games of Marco Polo with every floor in the hotel. And the space? Bigger than anything you've been to, I promise. Plus, they have the anime Idol contest, where you submit a recording of yourself singing and try to pass the audition to perform. Since you and your buddies are so musically inclined, I totally recommend it.

OMGOMG. Yes, I used to go to drama state festivals in Tampa too. It's a major part of the appeal (Former member of Troop 0565!)

Also, you should book your rooms as early as possible, because the hotel WILL sell out.

Gah, as for costume plans, no idea.... but I am contemplating Suzaku from Fushigi Yuugi, just because there is massive space XD

Last edited by Foos : 10-28-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Foos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #27
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

OMG, If you do Suzaku! Your gonna make me want to make Hotohori as fast as possibal! And don't make my friends go Suzaku 7, we wanted to do that group in 2009! But if you so I'd just about die!

Thanks so much for the advice all of you! I really appreciate it. I understand, we're going to start planning for 2008 as soon as possibal. It's too bad that we all kind of suck when it comes to money and my mom is currently out of a job. But hopefully the situation will get better.

Me and my friends will defintly want to enter into anime idol....now to find a device to record our voices that we can afford! XD
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #28
fadingforest
MYV Rocks! (Yeah!)

Metrocon next year is gonna be epic. Checked out the chess roles (am totally psyched about Saya, considering she's the only character that resembles me. -__-) And yes, the costumes are going to be magnificient like usual. XDD I have a friend coming down from Indiana just for Metrocon, because it's the nest con she's ever been to. ^-^

Can't wait!!

~Miyavi cosplayer for life!~

~*MYV Rocks!*~

fadingforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #29
orca_sora
Ketchup Kosplay Member

I've always heard mixed reviews about Metro. A good friend went year before last and she wasn't impressed at all. I've gone to AFO the past two years and think it's the best, so I'm curious when people claim Metro is better. I asked a family who were in line with me for VA signings at AFO 7, and they said that while they enjoyed Metro as "ok", AFO is better.

Although, a con is a con, so Tampa is close enough to warrant at least a day trip to go out for a day. With all the local cons scheduling their weekends so close together next year, though, I'll have no choice but to make decisions on which cons to go for the whole weekend for and which just for a day. My one complaint about AFO is the con space, so it'll be nice to go to one that has more!

2010 Conventions
MegaCon -- TBD
AFO 11 -- 8/6-8/8
Dragon*Con -- 9/3-9/6
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party -- TBD

2011 Costumes
Alice -- Pandora Hearts
Kiki -- Kiki's Delivery Service
Sakura (Pink Flower) -- Cardcaptor Sakura
orca_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #30
KarasaurusRexxx
Kaleigh

I'LL BE GOING THIS YEAR!

My friend who lives in Florida is going with me!

[[I live in Michigan, so we're flying down there for a week!]]

Anywho, i'm cosplaying Uryuu Ishida (3 diff. outfits, hopefully) and my friend is going as Ichigo!

WHEEEEEE!

I can't wait 'til Metro!

"Prom queens live, on average, five years longer than regular people. Probably because they smile all the time." -Quinn Fabray, Glee
KarasaurusRexxx is offline   Reply With Quote