Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #46
Digitallica
kendraphoto.com

I'm already setting aside the funds for the cosplay project for Metrocon.
I'm gonna need around $2,000 to complete this project.

....Hellloooo overtime! XD

Digitallica is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #47
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

Digi- Yay! It'll be great seeing you again! Wow, $2,000? That's gotta be some crazy outfit!
Unread 11-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #48
kimiko_yuki
Goddess Complex

Digitalica -- oohhh... that's got to be some awesome cosplay! can you give us a clue from what anime it is? pretty please ^^,

Conventions 2009

Megacon
Jacon
Metrocon
AFO
AWA
kimiko_yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #49
Digitallica
kendraphoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricMosaic View Post
Digi- Yay! It'll be great seeing you again! Wow, $2,000? That's gotta be some crazy outfit!
It'll actually cost around $3-4,000 in total to do it absolutely perfect, and make sure that it's sturdy. I just hope I won't have to pay for it all, since it'll be a group effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiko_yuki View Post
Digitalica -- oohhh... that's got to be some awesome cosplay! can you give us a clue from what anime it is? pretty please ^^,
It's from Final Fantasy XII. And, it's not an outfit. It's a prop. A prop....that will require a motor, and wheels. -/Hints over.-

Unread 11-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #50
missind33
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitallica View Post
It's from Final Fantasy XII. And, it's not an outfit. It's a prop. A prop....that will require a motor, and wheels. -/Hints over.-
That is so awesome! I am looking foward to seeing it! When I see it I will probably faint from it's coolness!! Good luck, I bet it'll look great!!

Last: Metrocon Fri: Ping (Mulan), Sat: Anastastia Romanov (Anastasia), Sun: Treeko (Pokemon Gijinka)
Next: AFO: Friday: Treeko (Pokemon Gijinka)?, Sat: Trucy Wright (Apollo Justice)
Future Costumes: Artbook Sakura (Tsubasa), TBA
missind33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #51
Korinchan
Not a bumblebee

Quote:
Ah! I think I know what you're talking about!!!

Friday - Tomoyo - Tsubasa-RC, Toph - A:TLA
Saturday - Cephalos - Monster Hunter concept art, Goku - Dragon Ball
Sunday - Washu - Tenchi Muyo
Korinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #52
kimiko_yuki
Goddess Complex

Quote:

I think I know what you're taking about. I was thinking of making *that* and her counterpart for my sister and me after I made Queen Esther but I can't work on it till my brother, who is literally a rocket scientist, gets here. Good luck. Its a tough challenge but definately worth it.

Conventions 2009

Megacon
Jacon
Metrocon
AFO
AWA

Last edited by kimiko_yuki : 11-27-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #53
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Man, if I knew anything past Shin-Ra when it comes to Final Fantasy, I'd probably have an idea of what this could be. XD Ah well. I'm quite happy with my highest price tag being 600 (freaking 300 dollar contacts). Not to mention I'm having enough trouble deciding how to make Mouse's hair light up and be orange.

Ahh, so many changes for Whose Line! And so many new panels! As it stands, I might be doing upwards of four to five costume changes on Friday. :3 I can't wait! We're hopefully staying over from Thursday night... gotta work on saving up for that.

Two months a two weeks (ish) until chess match and masquerade auditions... I need to get into better shape~!
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #54
Aleera
Master Thief

@ Digitallica: Hoverbike, That would be awesome if my guess is right.

And good luck to everyone trying out for chess. I should know whether I'll be living near Davie or dorming in Tampa in a couple weeks for the Spring 07-Spring 09, which will determine if I try out or not for Chess and Mascot.
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #55
Lucifer

Quote:
You might want to be careful with that sort of prop. I know someone who build a rather large prop from Final Fantasy XII (and Advent Children too), which cosplayers could sit on for poses (two could sit on the FFXII one). Unfortuately due to size, the props were fire hazards and were not allowed into the convention center itself.

If yours intends to have a motor and can actually be driven, I would HIGHLY recommend contacting the convention staff and ask if this prop is even allowed inside at all.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
Digitallica
kendraphoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
You might want to be careful with that sort of prop. I know someone who build a rather large prop from Final Fantasy XII (and Advent Children too), which cosplayers could sit on for poses (two could sit on the FFXII one). Unfortuately due to size, the props were fire hazards and were not allowed into the convention center itself.

If yours intends to have a motor and can actually be driven, I would HIGHLY recommend contacting the convention staff and ask if this prop is even allowed inside at all.
I already plan on contacting the convention staff. I'm assuming the bikes you're talking about are Lionel's bikes. I'm surprised they were considered fire hazards. But, I guess that'd explain why he has his bikes outside at AX. I envy his work, I only hope our bike comes out half as good as his.

I know that I've seen the Pikachu car in Metrocon's dealer's room, which is why I hope I'll have a chance at bringing in the Hoverbike. Since, that's an actual running-with-a-motor-and-wheels vehicle.

I'll be contacting Metrocon once the designs are in further stages, so I have more accurate information to give them in terms of size, weight, and materials.

------

To Aleera: Good job on the guessing! ^_^

To kimiko_yuki: Wow, I'm afraid I can't boast about knowing any rocket scientists. We're just a group of fans who want to make something far beyond us. The FFXII Hoverbike? That'd be the right kind of challenge. xD

Unread 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #57
VampiricMosaic
Performances Every Week

Digi- Oh wow, if anyone wanted to make me and my best friend to do Fran and Balthier quicker it would be you! To bad we can't do it next year. But I hope the hover bike goes awsome, I really can't wait to see it! Totally for cereal.

I supose now we wont be the FF group there. My friends and I are doing a massive Advent Children group. I'll be doing Kadaj. I'm kind of nervouse because I'll have to hand sticth everything but I'm confident that I'll be ok. ^.^
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #58
kimiko_yuki
Goddess Complex

>.< my guess was way off... anyway, I'd be bringing Two FFXII Espers to Metrocon. It seems to be the perfect con for oversized props^^, Hope to get photos with you hoverbikes! I'm sure it'll be an attraction.

Conventions 2009

Megacon
Jacon
Metrocon
AFO
AWA

Last edited by kimiko_yuki : 11-27-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #59
TheMask3dPenguin
Avenging Global Warming

Wow, so much expensive cosplay....it makes me feel better about my spending habits for costumes >>

I was hoping this would be the year I bring my Firey to Metro (for the first time since it's been redone), but we'll have to see how my cosplay schedule goes...it's pretty crowded now ><

The costumer formerly known as .hack//chaos :O

MegaCon 2009- Rogue (X-Men), The Firey (CCS), Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)

Metrocon 2008- Tsunade, Leader of the Metro Chunin Exams
Metrocon 2009- Panel Room Co-Coordinator

Soon to come: Metrocon 2009, AFO 2009
TheMask3dPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #60
Digitallica
kendraphoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiko_yuki View Post
>.< my guess was way off... anyway, I'd be bringing Two FFXII Espers to Metrocon. It seems to be the perfect con for oversized props^^, Hope to get photos with you hoverbikes! I'm sure it'll be an attraction.
I had a feeling that your guess was an Esper. That'd be so amazing if you made Espers for Metrocon, we could rawk out with our oversized-and-totally-compensating-for-something-props. XD!!! But, it'd be amazing and well worth it.