Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 05-20-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
DuoMaxwell
Sesshomeru or Duo for god

Question Inu Yasha Hair/ears help!

Im seriously needing some help tryign to find a white/offsilver colored wig and am hunting for ideas on how to do the ears and have them part of the wig

Unread 05-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #2
Scortia

The wig is easy... go on eBay... I suggest midnight beladonna's long white wigs... I have 2 of them myself for another costume, and my Inu Yasha cosplaying friend will be using one. As for the ears. I took a piece of cardboard and glued and sewed one piece of furry white material and one piece of fleshy-pink felt until it looked like his. Now, I think a great method for wearing the ears with the wig would be leaving excess material under the ears and stitching that onto the wig cap. We haven't done that yet, but it should work.
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:11 PM   #3
DuoMaxwell

I tried e-bay the other night and couldnt find any wigs that would have enough length or the right color to use.
DuoMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:59 PM   #4
carly579
Voice of Kiriko Misaki^^

or you could try orangeangel.com ^_-
carly579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 10:06 PM   #5
Hikaru Tsuki
Glorificent

For Inuyasha's ears, I recommend felt over fabrics. Rather than just sewing two triangle peices together for the ears, if you use felt, you can more effectively get the right look and shape of Inuyasha's ears.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....2&thecat=50 0 For my Inuyasha costume, I used felt for the ears. The white actually folds over the pink felt for the more authentic Inuyasha ears. It's quick and very easy. From there, it's just a matter of handsewing the ears to the wig. That is, as long as you don't plan on using the wig for other costumes.
Hikaru Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 10:07 PM   #6
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

for the ears I would take some sculpy, shape them into the actual dimensions of dog ears, bake them, take them out, paint them, stick some fake long haired fur at the base of the inner ear. After creating the ears I would hot glue them to a head band and hide the headband(same color of wig) in the wig.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #7
Schu
Noisy Alien

I used fun foam sheets... a little experimentation, and I loved the design. I would only have made them bigger if I redid them.. mine were small.

Why is it that people make such large fluffy ears for him? They aren't large or fluffy o_o
Unread 05-21-2003, 11:34 AM   #8
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

That is why I suggested the sculpy thing. If you do them right, they look real. The reason I think people make the giant fluffy ears, is because they have the wrong idea of what cat and dog ears really look like.

"Good lighting fixes everything."
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2003, 12:10 PM   #9
DuoMaxwell

Thank you all for the ideas!

Alisa - I dont have access to getting sculpy or a keiln to bake it.

Carly - THANK YOU that site has teh exact wig im lookin for. it'll work nice for my Inu Yasha Costume and later when i get my butt in gear to make a Sesshomeru one.

I do think ill get the wig then use some felt to make ears only a lil more fluffy looking than my own dog's ears to get a authentic look. and ill get a lil headband thing to attach them to and color it to match the wig.
DuoMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 01:06 AM   #10
PZB
Silk Fiend

I use white Colorfoam and colored the insides with a pale pink marker, then sewed them to the wig (I figure there's no way I can reuse this wig for anything else with all I did to style it. ) I would think the sculpy would be too heavy myself, but I suppose that depends on how thin they're made.
PZB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:33 PM   #11
Reiko
Agent S

you should really ask MonoyashaJLA for help...she did a great inuyasha....and next time I think she is making her ears move
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
Sakon

I carve ears out of foam and then paint them. For ears I would add individual ostrich feathers to simulate fur. Sounds funny but works magnificently. Let me know if you'd like any help...
I have to make a set of Ichigo cat ears anyway. >^-^<
Sakon is offline   Reply With Quote