Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #16
Donfoxy
Is restarting her gallery

Yeah thats what I meant.
Donfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #17
Mezurill

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0920 View Post
Well I was thinking about buying this dress to wear on a Sunday to a convention. It's an EGL dress party sort of thing, but I was wondering can this place be trusted when you buy from them. This is the page to the dress I want to buy:

Also I want it in the dark blue color:
http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the...play%2C/Detail
Oooh! I have that EXACT same dress! It's very soft and pretty, and the quality is great. I forgot to tell them that I was a bit short when I ordered, so the dress is a bit longer on me, but everything is well-made except for the hair ribbons. The ribbons looked like they were sloppily made. Go for it! (They take custom size orders as well. That's what I got done.)
Mezurill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
bluegoo005
ELRIC TELEPATHY!!!!!!!!

F-F is bad

Don't buy from them. They screwed up my orders, 3 times!!!! I noticed that the blouse they really screwed up on is no longer on their website. Maybe other people also ordered it and got something else. The customer service was poor. They like to avoid complaints. I had to write them over and over again to get a reply. Absolutely not buying from them again. Be very careful when buying from them, their clothes in the pictures might look impressive but you're not getting what you paid for.

Futhermore, they can't handle custom sizes. I was very disappointed with my orders. It also took forever for them to arrive.

Both thumbs down.

My reputation grows with every failure
~George Bernard Shaw
bluegoo005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #19
*Le*

seriously. stop bumping old threads.

i was halfway through writing a reply to this 'till I realized its like eight months old and the OP got what she wanted/is not looking for her questions to be answered anymore.

i'm gonna post my reply annyway though...cos i'm hella bored.

How is the service, in general? How long does it typically take to get your package (I live in US)? Problems with shipping/receiving items? No mistakes?

Iíve ordered from them quite a few times and it typically takes about a month or so to get to me. and I havenít had any mistakes so far.

How is the quality? How about as compared to typical brand-name?
Its not COMPLETELY out of place with the rest of my brand. Itís a bit less yes, but not increadibly so. Infact qulity wise Iíd say theyíre about Metaís qulity.

Are the sizes and custom-fits accurate/do they fit you? How often do they have sizing problems in orders (from what you've heard/personal experience)?
Iíve never had any sizing problems with them. most people who do Iíve noticed its because THEY messed up in listing their sizing and what they wanted.

If I'm afraid of sizing problems, is there anything I could do that might help? Would buying items that are slightly/a size bigger than my body size possibly help (too big seems better than too small), or would it just not look good if the items aren't form-fitting enough?

Well I suggest you go for custom sizing. Give them your exact measurements nothing bigger or smaller. Also donít forget to point out the length you want your item because other wise theyíll send it to you in its default lenghth which is usually pretty long (like ankle lenghth)

I heard that the petticoats are questionable, at least in terms of comfort. I was considering buying at In the Starlight instead, whose petticoats I've heard good things about. Should I?

Yes. ITS pettis are the best out there IMO.
*Le* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 05:14 AM   #20
fearoffrying
Closet Robosexual

There's nothing wrong with updating an old thread with relevant information, I don't think. The comments in a thread can be useful to more than just the OP. (Isn't it always better to bump an old thread than to start a new one, anyway?)

Is the jury still out on what specifically it is that makes them hit or miss? Is a bad transaction more likely with certain items or custom sizing or whatnot?

Last edited by fearoffrying : 07-03-2008 at 05:15 AM. Reason: derp
fearoffrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #21
Ringo_Tan
It Came From Outer Space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoo005 View Post
Don't buy from them. They screwed up my orders, 3 times!!!! I noticed that the blouse they really screwed up on is no longer on their website. Maybe other people also ordered it and got something else. The customer service was poor. They like to avoid complaints. I had to write them over and over again to get a reply. Absolutely not buying from them again. Be very careful when buying from them, their clothes in the pictures might look impressive but you're not getting what you paid for.

Futhermore, they can't handle custom sizes. I was very disappointed with my orders. It also took forever for them to arrive.

Both thumbs down.
F+F is slow with emails, but, they are almost ALWAYS on the Live Chat feature on the site, which is how most people ask and awnser questions.

And, F+F handles custom sizes better than set sizes. Most of their clothes are made to a height of 5'4.
Also, if you order around Christmas or holiday time, order time IS slow. For example, they where on vacation in January, so, no dress would have been shipped untill Febuary. They said so.

I've got 4 things from them. An EGA dress, which arrived earliy and exceeded expectations. A hime lolita dress, which also arrived early, and was made flawlessly, and two petticoats, which are comfy and very fluffy.

Their English isn't that good. There is a language barrier.

And, it is kind of an unwritten rule that bumping older threads is better than wasting space with a new topic. Besides, a ton of people would just mention there is already a topic on that subject. =/
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #22
miyavilover666

How is the service, in general? How long does it typically take to get your package (I live in US)? Problems with shipping/receiving items? No mistakes?
It took only 2 weeks for my order from making to shipping. It was fast delivery and if you are in a big hurry email them..they express shipped it for me ^^
How is the quality? How about as compared to typical brand-name?
It is amazing quality! I still wear the corset all the time. I order the Gothic Hima Victorian Queen 8pc. Set and averything i recieved was in great condition and great quality. I highly Recomend them.
Are the sizes and custom-fits accurate/do they fit you? How often do they have sizing problems in orders (from what you've heard/personal experience)?
I also ordered a custom size due to me being 6'2 i wanted to make sure everthing fit. It was perfect. There was absolutly nothing wrong with the sizes and even the corsets bust curved perfectly!
If I'm afraid of sizing problems, is there anything I could do that might help? Would buying items that are slightly/a size bigger than my body size possibly help (too big seems better than too small), or would it just not look good if the items aren't form-fitting enough?
Just give them correct measuments and everything should be alright!
I heard that the petticoats are questionable, at least in terms of comfort. I was considering buying at In the Starlight instead, whose petticoats I've heard good things about. Should I?
ITS Pettis and amazing go with them.I myself have the Princess Petti and it works great. -Unless you want something hardcore like a H.Naoto Frill Petti-
This is what i ordered
http://fan plus friend.blogspot.com/2008/01/photo-vol-18.html
and this is me in it.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...3/DSC02025.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...8/DSC01823.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...8/DSC01840.jpg
Tuxedo Mask- Sailor Moon 45% done
Kaworu- Evengelion 90% done
Dr. Stein- Soul Eater 49% done
Secret Cosplay- Something Secrety (lol) 25% done
Hime- Princess Resurrection 75% done
I was featured on Otaku House Representing America, check me out here!

Last edited by miyavilover666 : 07-04-2008 at 09:53 AM.
miyavilover666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #23
bluegoo005
ELRIC TELEPATHY!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo_Tan View Post
F+F is slow with emails, but, they are almost ALWAYS on the Live Chat feature on the site, which is how most people ask and awnser questions.

And, F+F handles custom sizes better than set sizes. Most of their clothes are made to a height of 5'4.
Also, if you order around Christmas or holiday time, order time IS slow. For example, they where on vacation in January, so, no dress would have been shipped untill Febuary. They said so.

I've got 4 things from them. An EGA dress, which arrived earliy and exceeded expectations. A hime lolita dress, which also arrived early, and was made flawlessly, and two petticoats, which are comfy and very fluffy.

Their English isn't that good. There is a language barrier.

And, it is kind of an unwritten rule that bumping older threads is better than wasting space with a new topic. Besides, a ton of people would just mention there is already a topic on that subject. =/
Lucky you for having a better transaction with F+F. Actually they are very fast at responding to emails BEFORE you send them money. I ordered 3 shirts from them back in February 2008 so it wasn't during the holidays. It was very surprising that none of my orders turned out right.

All of the items I ordered were slightly different from what they advertised (different fabric, colours of the buttons changed, altered design). One shirt looked like it was made from left over fabric, it had dirty stains and it was poorly made (seams were crooked, cheap fabric--hardly worth the 60 something dollars I paid for it). The cravat that came with it was completely wrong. The one they had on their website shows 6 pleats, the one I got had 2 pleats and it looked more like a bib than a cravat. The fabric was also terrible, it didn't even match the shirt's fabric. I don't know what the person was on when he/she was sewing this. (I could go on and on, there were so many things wrong with the other 2 shirts, but I won't). Sizing was another huge problem. Even though I gave them my correct measurements they still messed up the shirt. The other two shirts fit fine.

When I explained to them all the mistakes they made, they were absolutely unhelpful and stubborn. I even sent them pictures of my order with comparisons of the images they put on their website but they still refused to acknowledge their error. They kept saying they were right. It was really annoying. This went on for 2 months. (I noticed they removed the pictures of one shirt I ordered...hm......interesting).

What upset me most was the dishonesty from the customer service. It seemed after they received my money, they didn't want to respond to any more emails. I never got a reply on their Live Chat. I had to resend my emails every 2 weeks to get a reply. It felt like they were trying to avoid addressing their mistakes.

I buy things all the time online and I never had any problems. So far every seller I've bought from was honest and efficient until I came across F+F. I can guarantee that I'll never order anything from F+F again. Good luck to everyone else who does!

My reputation grows with every failure
~George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by bluegoo005 : 07-08-2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: added info about sizing
bluegoo005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
wingedinfinity
=3=

I actually have a queastion abou f+f.

They have wigs and i was ondering if anyone has ever gotten a wig from them.
If so, are they good quality?

I was thinking abut getting the "Lucifer" one i believe it was called.

Cosplay plans for D*C 2013
Adult Katara- LOK
Psylocke- Default/Utopia/XForce
Cheshire- Default

wingedinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #25
pearberrie

I'm curious about F+F also their outfits look so cute but their ebay feedback has some members saying the cotton is low quality and it stink of sweat shop? xD

I'm considering getting this skirt
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...at-Drop/Detail
anyone by any chance bought this one before?
pearberrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #26
ghibligirl

fan+friend...is it any good?

As I am starting out in Lolita I am a little unsure about where 2 buy clothing and other accessories from.
I found the website fan+friend and I was wondering if they are any good?
Has anyone brought from them? are they good quality?

Hope you can help!
Unread 01-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #27
ElegantLolita

I buy from them, their quality is very good.
I've heard their custom sizing can get messed up though, I just use the standard sizes.
ElegantLolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #28
Eleksin
Eleksin

I custom ordered a dress from them. It was quick and easy and the dress fits very nicely on me. I recommend them!
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 01:53 AM   #29
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have two custom size dress from F+F. Both came quickly, fit wonderfully and are extremely well made (granted, I'm still a lolita novice, but the contruction is sturdy, no weird seams or a lot of loose strings). I always custom size things if I can, since I am petite (4'11") with a large bust (not telling) and these two dress fit perfect. One I had to shorten straps on, but that's a super easy fix. I plan on ordering again from them soon actually.
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #30
costumemercenar
misplaced a "y"

I've heard some lolita veterans have strong feelings against them since they copy heavily from lolita designers in Japan and produce things of an inferior quality with less creativity - a feeling that they're a bit of a knock-off. That said, I've little experience of themselves personally.