Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #31
Sgt Spud

Plenty of lolitas I know have ordered from them. I've seen that their standard sizing can be a little off, like skirts being on the longer side and sleeves/collars not fitting correctly, so you should order your clothing with custom sizing. In other words, they're a great cheaper alternative to designer lolita and the quality of their items is quite nice.
Sgt Spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #32
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

I've not ordered lolita from them but I've ordered one of my costumes from them and it is very good quality! My only complaint is the skirt was too log and lace and bow the wrong color, all were ease fixes though.

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #33
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

My friend and I have been long-time customizers (for about 4-5 years now) and have been rather satisfied with the quality and also the fact that they make custom size as neither of us did exactly fit into the standart sizes (she is rather small, but still has curves and I'm kind of average but with more curves than is 'usual').

Lately however, the quality has gone done a bit. Not in a matter of materials, but in a matter of fitting. The blouse I ordered was to tight around the chest, the material stretching quite were the buttons sit. I could wear it with a 'minimizer' bra, so that was no problem.
My friend however was less lucky as they made a few of her custom size clothes in a 'standart' bigger size and just cut off the bottom, so the waist sits way to low.
She send a reclaimation with pics but apparently they couldn't "see what was wrong" and denied it. Seeing how she can't wear it she's pretty disappointed especially size it was a larger order and she pretty much blew it.

My fazit: If you need standart size, you'll probably be lucky (I haven't heard any problems from her friends who didn't order custom), if you need custom size... it can be a bit off.
My friend might just have had been unlucky, as most orders before have been alright, thought.
Unread 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #34
sakuramusicstar

I say they're really good. When I did my first Lolita last year I bought from them and loved it. I'm getting some more Lolita from them soon which is so amazing for a Fashion Show I'm gonna be in a few months.
sakuramusicstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #35
tsuoi_kaze
PERSONA! *bang*

Well, I made my first order from them last week. I accidentally had it shipped to my parents house instead of my dorm PO box, so I got a call from my mom asking why all of this pretty jewlery came in the mail for me XD

So I know that the accessories are cheap and nice quality, and the shipping is super fast. It only took a few days to arrive.
tsuoi_kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #36
TarOBoI
Purple Army...

I just purchased an outfit from F+F that came in on Monday and I must say, it is absolutely stunning! I love it. I will always be loyal to F+F and purchase from them after this outfit. The first one I got didn't wow me, because I didn't go for the wow factor. But this one however. Full suit, tuxedo tail jacket, shirt with a nice lengthed cravat, the pants feel and fit AMAZING! Everything fits AMAZING! And this was based off of their pre-set stats. I didn't custom size any of it. They do very good work and I can't wait until I order my next one, because I know just what I'm getting! ^_^
PLANNED COSPLAYS:
OTAKON 2009:
Bosozoku - Bancho
~link-->>PURPLE ARMY!<<--link~
PM me if you're curious/interested.
TarOBoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #37
shiro usagi

F+F is great for beginning Lolita. Their clothes are great quality for the price. Another good place to look for good prices is Bodyline
shiro usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #38
Ri-KunTehFluffy
I is female.

F+F has a pretty good rep., but I have never ordered there. You should check out Bodyline, since their clothes are supposed to be good AND inexpensive as well. But I would be careful with Bodyline if you are starting out, since a lot of their stuff is very 'ita'.
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #39
An-Mochi

I got a coat from them and I absolutely love it. I'm totally new to Lolita and have only ever ordered from them and In The Starlight (I reccomend them too)

I got this one: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...ck-Wool/Detail

The maroon is a little redder than in the picture but it still fits awesome and is super flattering. It's a made-to-order thing and it arrived right on time, if not slightly early. Pockets are good size, too, thats a plus. The cord for the lacing in the back is sort of like shoelace so when I get a chance I might replace it but overall it's a good warm coat that doesn't crush my petticoats and is helping me get away from my black-and-white-everything style.
2011: Tony (Earthbound)
2012: Ectobiologist!Karkat, Zombiestuck Alpha Kids (Homestuck)
2013: Test Subject!Roxy (Portal/Homestuck), Demimonde Semigoddess (Problem Sleuth)
2014: Maggie Lacivi (Ava's Demon)
An-Mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #40
dchan
Disney Princess

It really depends on the piece that you're ordering. I have a friend who imports it to sell and some of the stuff is great and looks like the photos on the website and other stuff you get is hideous in person ;o. Their sizing can vary based on the item as well, and the number sizes do NOT equal American sizing, by far. I'd search around for reviews of specific products you're looking for. Yes, a lot of their items are knockoffs of brand items, but that happens in evey fashion style. Not everyone can afford (or can fit into) brand.
dchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #41
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I've found their fit can be a little wonky; better to order on the larger side of the scale and have it taken in if necessary. Their finishing is not gorgeous; lots of serged hems and that sort of thing, but overall I've been happy with the fabric, construction, and design, especially considering their very low prices.

I've also had good experiences with Anna House, a Korean site. Similar good quality and reasonable prices, and their custom sizing turned out very accurate.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #42
lilbutterfly
Newcomer

F+F looks prety good, but never personally orderd from them.
Do they ship to Canada?
Looks like they're from the UK
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #43
KaelTiernan

I ordered a coat and some shirts, custom made. The quality is very good, though the fabric iis quite thin.
KaelTiernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #44
fechan
Team Blasť

I ordered twice from them. They're from China, I believe.
Pro:
- cheap
- reliable/trustworthy
- varied styles and offers custom colours/styles
Cons:
- Fabric could be of better quality (especially on some models)
- Stitching could be better but is very acceptable (think inexpensive teenager super store quality)
- Custom sizing does not fit at all in my experience (their pre-made sizing fit me like a glove but I had to heavily re-work the garments I ordered in a custom size) :/

Overall: I would recommend them, just don't expect the quality you would get from Baby or Angelic Pretty, for example.
fechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #45
Eiashian
Air Pirate E

I've ordered from them myself and had issues with strange sizing. Both pre-made sizes and custom x.x.. The pre-made size was too small, though by their chart should have fit, and the custom is a bit big.

Their quality is great for the price, and they get the commission done fairly quickly and ship it out quickly. Overall I would definitely recommend them.

Cosplays in progress:

Demon form Rin - 50%
Battletorn Levi - 80%
Interrogation Levi - 70%
Angel form Stocking - 50%

Props in progress :

3D Maneuver Gear
Rin's Katana 30% *eventually LED
Stocking's sword 30% *eventually LED

Eiashian is offline   Reply With Quote