Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #61
Commander_Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimiru1618 View Post
Okay...I know this is an EXTREMELY old thread, but as previously stated I suppose its better than making a new one?

I'm confused about their payments....I signed up for paypal...got a message that my address wasn't right, fixed it, then it said my order was done....but it didn't send me to paypal....curious? What do I do? My status says it's been ordered....but I'm not sure about paid...
Hi, I'm currently experiencing the same situation.
What did you end up having to do?
Commander_Mika is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #62
Kanzashi-Hime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Mika View Post
Hi, I'm currently experiencing the same situation.
What did you end up having to do?
Hey, I thought I'd help you out since their system is confusing. Here is the link for their paypal email addy and instructions: (take out the spaces)

http://www.fan plus friend.com/service/payment.htm

As a precaution, I would also include your customer ref/ order no. in the message to seller on Paypal as you make the payment. Just be sure you email them afterwards with:

a. the payment method (Paypal account, bank transfer or western union transfer),
b. the items you ordered,
c. your measurements,
d. shipping address and contact telephone number.

Also note, from my experience with them, they were out-of-stock of an item even though there was a quantity of 99 on the website. I DID NOT get any email telling there would be a delay and I had to actually go on to the live chat help on their website to get an answer.

When it did arrive to the warehouse, they shipped it very fast to me. However, I can vouch for those saying the quality isn't all that great and the fact their set sized clothes are ridiculous. I pretty much wasted my money on a blouse ($45) because even though the bust and waist fit, the shoulders are like 10 cm too big for me and look ridiculous. The cotton is also very thin (the blouse was see-through thin - it was in white) and is actually worse quality than bodyline's product.

I will NEVER shop there again...though I hope you don't have the same experience as me...since apparently it is a hit and miss with F+F.

Last edited by Kanzashi-Hime : 09-19-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Kanzashi-Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #63
Commander_Mika

Thank you for the information! They ended up sending me an invoice and my goods are actually supposed to arrive tomorrow according to tracking ((Wow only three days to ship??!)). Let's hope everything turns out ok!
Commander_Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #64
keylianna

I have order for them and was very help with the shirt that I ordered. I need a nice Victorian shirt to finish my steampunk outfit. And when I went to a steampunk fashion show I meet someone else that had ordered a shirt from the website. I am look at the skirt now.
keylianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #65
ashi ketchum

questions about 'fan plus friend' (or 'lumberjacked', as i've seen)

first off, i haven't been on this site in quite awhile, so if my post is in the wrong area or there's another dilemma with it, sorry in advance (but i'm still posting it anyway! )

i'm not too into lolita as an entire lifestyle or wardrobe change, so spending 100's at a time on a singular top or skirt isn't something i generally do, so when i came across f+f, i was fairly content with what i saw for the money (and the xmas deals) as i do enjoy the style and mixing it with other clothes. i also did quite a bit of research on the company while giving my order second thought, as well as on here.

i went to order these three items (remove spaces):
1) http://www.fan plus friend.com/servl...by-Doll/Detail
2) http://www.fan plus friend.com/servl...Sleeves/Detail
3) http://www.fan plus friend.com/servl...22-cln-/Detail
all in black, lace in black as well, and in a predetermined size (not a custom size, as i read they have difficulties with) two tops are listed as not having lace and another is (which i read was another concern.) their site popped up while entering credit card information as "partially encrypted, some information can be seen in transit" on multiple browsers / computers. i messaged the company and after awhile received a reply, all replies since have been extremely timely and helpful (also written in proper english, which i heard they had difficulties writing in english) they agreed to request payment via paypal and i just received this and everything was properly encrypted until paypal brought me partially to their site to finalize payment, and yet again my browsers both considered it partially encrypted and that some information was able to be seen. having little credit at this point is a concern, as a slip-up this early in the game is basically financial suicide. so my questions would be:

1) why are they listed as 'lumberjacked' on this site? was there fraud or horrid mistakes in clothing?
2) those who claim they're hit and miss, do the items i intend on purchasing seem like safe bets or should i be wary of perhaps the one with the lace or anything else? quality is important (in relation to the money being spent), but perfection as some companies strive for isn't expected, either.
3) has anyone realized the encryption before and had dilemmas with either the company, third parties, or merely those with access gaining credit card or paypal information and misusing it by ordering through them?
4) has anyone not received their order from them or had difficulties getting it (they did alert me my order would take 2 to 3 weeks then another 3 days for shipping.)
5) this is pure paranoia, but there was a scare awhile back of ordering anything containing metal directly from china (which i believe the company is located in) and two of those tops have small metal pieces with stones on the top (although i don't actually like them aesthetically and planned on removing them) is there a purpose to be nervous of this anymore?

it seems like a small order and that i shouldn't likely have the concern that i do, i'm likely just paranoid, but better safe than sorry!
any advice or anything else would be appreciated as well - thanks!

2014 conventions:
- San Diego Comic-Con
- Toronto Fan Expo
- New York Comic-Con

Last edited by ashi ketchum : 12-17-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: lumberjacked?
ashi ketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #66
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

"Lumberjack" is an old in-joke around here first appearing during an April Fool's day years ago when the word "cosplay" was replaced with "lumberjack" in everyone's post (among other silly little site tweaks) - because of that, it has also come to be used as a mod term. When certain costume sites began to aggressively spam the forum with links to their stores, those URLs were not allowed to be posted. So in turn, sometimes the message is "url has been removed due to spam" and sometimes simply "lumberjacked." ^_^;

(This isn't necessarily a commentary of the quality or service - I have some F+F accessories, and they are quite nice - it's just that they've had a history of spammage here.)
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #67
celticfreefall

F+F is replaced by Lumberjacked because it's been coded into the system. When they first popped up as a store they spammed the forums advertising their cosplay services, so in response Cos.com "Lumberjacked" the entire website, as Yui explained.

It's hit or miss because, like Bodyline, they carry numerous items that are not lolita acceptable. They also occasionally mess up measurements, though nine times out of ten it's if you opt in for a custom tailored instead of just ordering off of their size chart.

No. I've never heard of anything of the sort happening. Ever.

I've not heard of any issues with this, other than things getting stuck in customs which can happen to any package imported from a foreign country.

I haven't heard of these issues, so, I'm guessing it's very doubtful. You'd have to research into what kind of metal and why people had issues, since saying "metal things" is too broad to even really ask about. Considering millions and millions of items are imported to the United States and Europe from China that contain metal on a daily basis, I'm going to go ahead and say no. More than likely it had to do with children putting things in their mouth, which shouldn't be an issue on your dress unless you're just extra special.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #68
ashi ketchum

thanks for the info! apparently i have been gone awhile. i was concerned that perhaps the site was noted for something negative like ripping people off and therefore the site didn't allow posts on it. glad this isn't the case! ...why the word 'lumberjacked' out of curiosity? odd way to denote spam!

also quite glad that no one has had issues with the company in any other way than minimal dissatisfaction with the quality in comparison to more expensive companies.

in terms of metal, i was mainly referring to the lead scare there was a few years ago where it was suggested to be wary of objects from china specifically. i said 'metal' merely because i wasn't sure if lead was the only dilemma; i didn't pay much attention at the time since i wasn't using any objects (there was a small confined list of what to be cautious when using) or ordering any that had a red flag of any sort. i've ordered from japan and hong kong since (neither of which were mentioned in this past news alert), but never china, so i thought it would be worth asking since it seemed many people on here had ordered from them. it seems like there's a large concern with anything lead based, (eg: some old electronic solder i had which likely contained lead suggested washing your hands every hour of use and after finishing with use as for the lead not to absorb at all.) i actually don't like the look of the metal pieces on either top that they're on, so i intended to remove them anyway, but i assumed it was worth mentioning. i have the curse of contemplating every negative before proceeding with something, be it a small or large decision.

2014 conventions:
- San Diego Comic-Con
- Toronto Fan Expo
- New York Comic-Con
ashi ketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #69
toxicupcake

F+F Corsets

Hello :3 To those who have bought F+F's corsets, I wanted to know if the quality is good. All of them say they're steel-boned, but I'm a bit suspicious >w< Are they good for waist training?
toxicupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #70
Eleksin
Eleksin

F+F corsets are really for looks only and are in no way meant for waist training.

I recommend reading through this post on lj if you want more precise info: http://community.livejournal.com/egl/16579116.html
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #71
Ozukaki_Brasuki

Jumping in on necro > new topic bandwagon.

I wanted to know if I should get their Emi (DDR) cosplay because I can't find it at any of the other cosplay stores. After hearing these reviews, I'm unsure now. I'm going to megacon at the end of March, but won't be able to order until they are finished with their break on the 18th of February, which I heard their cosplays can sometimes take over a month to get to you. I don't want to get it after the convention, nor do I was something to go wrong. I read this entire thread so far, but I still need some help on making a decision since most of these reviews went around lolita rather than usual cosplay.
Ozukaki_Brasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #72
Eleksin
Eleksin

This thread is specifically for their lolita items and not the cosplay they make. I'm not sure how much we can help you with something we are not entirely familiar with.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #73
MiraiTrunksLove

Ordered a lolita dress, hairdress, and socks from them and it just came in today! Love them to death!
MiraiTrunksLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #74
toxicupcake

thank you! c:
toxicupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #75
burning112d

Quick question about F+F

Hello,

I know this is dandy/ouji and not lolita but this company mainly caters to Lolitas so I was wonder if I could get an opinion on them?

I am thinking about buying this:

http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...dy-cln-/Detail

From F+F and I am wondering if they are a good company?

Also, any tips on dying the coat to a green color would be appreciated!

Edit: It's saying Lumberjacked! for some reason in the URL...The SKU is C00377 at F+F, it's a 7pc ouji outfit.
burning112d is offline   Reply With Quote