Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #91
Mrs31

wooow i feel silly

LOL

i TOTALLY didnt see that the post i was replying to was answered like....6 pages back.

Alright well.........i guess all i have to say is for any future questions about quality please check out my new thread " The best of off brand." Im looking for lots more reviews about the things you have purchases from off brand that turned out good quality.

Last edited by Mrs31 : 03-06-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Mrs31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #92
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Well I just had a question. When ever I get around to it I was planning on buying this really cute wa loli dress from fan plus friend. I like a lot of their dresses and things and I've had a lot of people tell me that they're really good. And even their prices aren't bad if you don't have the money to buy name brand Japanese lolita...(which I don't because I've looked at a few of their websites and it's expensive just for a skirt and a top if you don't buy a jumper or some thing and even then a jumper I looked at was like 2-300 dollars. O.o Which 2-300 dollars is one whole paycheck for me. Anyhoo...)

The dress is 150 usd, and I actually wanted to pair it with some more traditional shoes rather then go with maybe some more egl type shoes, like platform mary janes or some thing.
These are the shoes but I found the same ones for cheaper...I didn't notice these ones were 400 dollars...way too much for me. As much as I'd love to buy them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Geisha-...em53e622 d2ec

This is the dress.

http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...-Yukada/Detail

I think the platform geta would match very well and I was thinking of getting some cute, maybe plain white knee high socks with some lace on the top to wear with them if it's not too hot.

And then for hair I wanted to put this in my hair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Japanese-Kan...em53e4bd 6e8d

I wanted to wear my hair up in a bun or maybe some cute kinda Japanese style but my hair may be short by then so I have no idea what to do other then wearing a wig or extensions.

I just wanted to know if these were a good choice, or what else I could do if I didn't want to kind of go in a more Japanese direction, since that's what I was trying to do. I wanted to wear this for a Japanese festival. Any positive or helpful input would be appreciated. Thanks. ^_^
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #93
Strange Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
Well I just had a question. When ever I get around to it I was planning on buying this really cute wa loli dress from fan plus friend. I like a lot of their dresses and things and I've had a lot of people tell me that they're really good. And even their prices aren't bad if you don't have the money to buy name brand Japanese lolita...(which I don't because I've looked at a few of their websites and it's expensive just for a skirt and a top if you don't buy a jumper or some thing and even then a jumper I looked at was like 2-300 dollars. O.o Which 2-300 dollars is one whole paycheck for me. Anyhoo...)

The dress is 150 usd, and I actually wanted to pair it with some more traditional shoes rather then go with maybe some more egl type shoes, like platform mary janes or some thing.
These are the shoes but I found the same ones for cheaper...I didn't notice these ones were 400 dollars...way too much for me. As much as I'd love to buy them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japanese-Geisha-...em53e622 d2ec

This is the dress.

http://www.LUMBERJACKED!.com/servlet...-Yukada/Detail

I think the platform geta would match very well and I was thinking of getting some cute, maybe plain white knee high socks with some lace on the top to wear with them if it's not too hot.

And then for hair I wanted to put this in my hair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Japanese-Kan...em53e4bd 6e8d

I wanted to wear my hair up in a bun or maybe some cute kinda Japanese style but my hair may be short by then so I have no idea what to do other then wearing a wig or extensions.

I just wanted to know if these were a good choice, or what else I could do if I didn't want to kind of go in a more Japanese direction, since that's what I was trying to do. I wanted to wear this for a Japanese festival. Any positive or helpful input would be appreciated. Thanks. ^_^
I don't know where you can find those shoes for cheaper, but you can make instead of buy the head accessory. All you have to do is get some white flowers from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or any other craft store, hot-glue them on a hair clip (a sturdy one) and you just saved yourself the worry of a bad quality item and waiting process. Plus you can make it unique, and that's always great.
Just saying. ^^
Strange Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #94
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Rage View Post
I don't know where you can find those shoes for cheaper, but you can make instead of buy the head accessory. All you have to do is get some white flowers from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or any other craft store, hot-glue them on a hair clip (a sturdy one) and you just saved yourself the worry of a bad quality item and waiting process. Plus you can make it unique, and that's always great.
Just saying. ^^
I didn't even think of that. >.< I shall try! I found some other shoes from a different seller that are the same thing and authentic Japanese from Japan and they were only 70 dollars. Some thing I'd rather pay then 400 dollars. O.o
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #95
Meiki

I'd say go with some less-traditional shoes. Okobo are lovely, but if you're not used to walking in them and you're going to be on your feet for a long time they might not be the best idea. I think rocking horse shoes have a nice mix of Japanese inspiration and modern look to go well with wa-lolita, and they'll be a whole lot more comfortable.
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #96
Strange Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
I didn't even think of that. >.< I shall try! I found some other shoes from a different seller that are the same thing and authentic Japanese from Japan and they were only 70 dollars. Some thing I'd rather pay then 400 dollars. O.o
Yes you shall! XD
And I agree with Meiki, those shoes that you want to buy, even though they are considerably less expensive, they seem very unsteady for someone who is not used to walking in them. Rocking horse shoes are cute, and if you do decide to buy them, check out the ebay seller ling_lam. ^^
Strange Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #97
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Rage View Post
Yes you shall! XD
And I agree with Meiki, those shoes that you want to buy, even though they are considerably less expensive, they seem very unsteady for someone who is not used to walking in them. Rocking horse shoes are cute, and if you do decide to buy them, check out the ebay seller ling_lam. ^^
I'll get both, so that way when I'm at home I'll walk around in the okobo and maybe for more comfort I'll wear the rocking horse shoes. If I get the dress in time for the Japanese festival I'd probably be out all day walking so comfort would probably be a priority.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #98
ElectraStarr
+Rhodes

Reviving a quiet thread for a second...

Has anyone ordered a skirt in their standard size Lady 100? I'm curious as to the length (because "cut for 5"5' " isn't all that precise, lol) and if it is true to the measurements they've given.

(I'm thinking about getting this one http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...hirring/Detail )

Thanks for any help!

Conventions:

Leaky Con '12 // Midwestria '12 // Chicago TARDIS '12

Planned/In-Progress:
Femme!Four- Doctor Who - 80%
Blue Kang (Drinking Fountain)- Doctor Who - 10%

Eclectic Threads Cosplay

ElectraStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #99
TheJasmineErin
Geekery to the Extreme

Instead of making a new thread I'll just repost to this one.

I want to get this costume from F+F: http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the...Roy%27s/Detail (The Darken Blue version) and I wanted to know how their costumes were.

How was the material/quality/sizes/shipping time, etc etc. I'm more interested in their costumes than their lolita.

Future Cosplays
John Egbert
Sollux Captor
Terezi Pyrope
Kanaya Maryam
Promstuck Vriska
Kurloz Makara
Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
Amon (Legend of Korra)
Denmark (Hetalia)
TheJasmineErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #100
SallyValentine

Seeing as at least two people have tried to bring this thread back to life, I may as well join in xD
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...Sleeves/Detail
This dress. I'm considering buying it, but I'm afraid of it looking a bit 'ita'. Too much lace, maybe? I'd be buying the black one... Does anyone have this? I quite like it.
SallyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #101
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectraStarr View Post
Reviving a quiet thread for a second...

Has anyone ordered a skirt in their standard size Lady 100? I'm curious as to the length (because "cut for 5"5' " isn't all that precise, lol) and if it is true to the measurements they've given.

(I'm thinking about getting this one http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...hirring/Detail )

Thanks for any help!
I haven't ordered that particular size, but I do know that Fan Plus Friend sizes tend to be cut on the long side. I'm about 5"4 and I have a dress from them that hits probably an inch or two below the knee and it's one of their standard sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJasmineErin View Post
Instead of making a new thread I'll just repost to this one.

I want to get this costume from F+F: http://www.fan-store.net/servlet/the...Roy%27s/Detail (The Darken Blue version) and I wanted to know how their costumes were.

How was the material/quality/sizes/shipping time, etc etc. I'm more interested in their costumes than their lolita.
No idea. This question might be better suited for a different section of the board, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyValentine View Post
Seeing as at least two people have tried to bring this thread back to life, I may as well join in xD
http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet...Sleeves/Detail
This dress. I'm considering buying it, but I'm afraid of it looking a bit 'ita'. Too much lace, maybe? I'd be buying the black one... Does anyone have this? I quite like it.
I like that dress! I think black is definitely the best choice because the lace blends in a bit and doesn't look so over the top.
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #102
violetxhill

Would this be good for a starting out lolita? I'm trying to go for a sweet style but is it not sweet enough?
Unread 12-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #103
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetxhill View Post
Would this be good for a starting out lolita? I'm trying to go for a sweet style but is it not sweet enough?
I think that looks great for starting out! Sweet doesn't always have to be covered in prints or super detailed, a more simple dress will be better starting out so that you have a lot of different ways to wear it : D
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #104
violetxhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I think that looks great for starting out! Sweet doesn't always have to be covered in prints or super detailed, a more simple dress will be better starting out so that you have a lot of different ways to wear it : D
Yay! Thank you!
Unread 12-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #105
wrestlefan2

Need HELP!!!!

Looking to get an order in for my wife for Christmas. Don't need to arrive by then , just the order.

Here is the dress she is looking to get:

Sweet&Spicy: Punk Lolita 6Pcs Outfit*2colors Instant Shipping

She's 5'2 7/8" (just shy of 5'3") and weighs 242lbs last we checked (which was this past week). We had 3 different seamstresses get her measurements to be safe in case of any differences and they all came out with the same measurements so we have those including seam allowance.

What we are wondering, is if anyone has gotten this outfit or knows someone who has so we can get a review on it.

Though not available for instant shipping (we have to custom order it), we were told we could special order the White outfit with Black Trim like she likes.

Being that it's marked as light in thickness category and smooth cotton for fabric with no lining and no stretch, wondering if this material would be good for my wife.

Don't want something that will show off her extra stomach curves (some call it a mother's apron, some a tire...but you know what I mean). We'd love it to look seamless and great quality on her with out being truly form fitting and see-through in any way (even minorly).

Also the fact that we were told that since it's a custom item there is no refund or exchange on it we are a bit iffy to spend our money without looking into this.

We want to be 100% sure this will work for her (since it's this purchase will be her 1ST lolita outfit) and we want the best quality out there. Don't want something that only looks good as a costume or at anime cons. We would like it to be good enough to feel confident about wearing it on a normal day basis out in the open public like when shopping at the mall or grocery.

We do have up to $200 including shipping to spend on a Punk style outfit for her. So if there is a better site with better quality (even if it cost a little more than F+F) that has something similar to this dress, let us know

Thanks,
Tim
wrestlefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote