Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 03-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #46
Wakaleo

Melanie, do you know anyone in Brisbane that has cosplay experience but is not entering the cosplay/wcs competition in Brisbane Animania. I'm looking for a 3rd judge, and I'd like someone local, but all the people I know in Brisbane are entering the competition. Can you suggest anyone?
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2008, 08:32 AM   #47
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Believe me, I would love to offer myself for the job... this costume is killing me! X_x;;

But seriously, I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you... Supanova is next weekend, so I can do some research then. I'll PM you if I find someone.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:58 AM   #48
Wakaleo

Thanks Melanie.

I may have found someone, but I'll confirm when I get the confirmation.

Meanwhile, 2 teams were selected at the first round of WCS: The Love and Peace Movement and Fire Dragoons. There will be photos on the Animania website shortly. Soon the second round in Melbourne, but it seems no Melbournians are entering... Don't know what's wrong with Melbourne. I know Brisbane will be amazing, I'm looking forward to that round!!!
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #49
Specky0s

heyz i'm in melbourne =D i'm not a cosplayer though >_< i think myself more as the wanna-make but not wear person...
maybe i'll enter..a year in the future =P
but everyone's costumes look so good , it makes me feel bad xD
Specky0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #50
Melanie

No one in Melbourne?! Oh no! I thought Flipper and Kat had teamed up... I was waiting to see their awesomeness!

Well, Asham is a Melbournian... so there's one representative. XD

*waves Brisbane flag* Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Brisneyland's finest, too!!!
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #51
Asham
Squire Satoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
No one in Melbourne?! Oh no! I thought Flipper and Kat had teamed up... I was waiting to see their awesomeness!

Well, Asham is a Melbournian... so there's one representative. XD

*waves Brisbane flag* Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Brisneyland's finest, too!!!
Yea but for some reason my team mate is from the Brisneyland you speek of

And I think what is going on with Kat and Flipper is that Kat is got to much work... and I haven't seen Flipper in some time... so I am not sure...
Asham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #52
Wakaleo

WCS portfolios for Brisbane are due on April 18th. Makes sure you send it in time!! Looking forward to Asham and Melanie's WCS entries... I know it's going to be hot stuff!!!
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #53
Sydney2K

Photos of the winners of the Melbourne heat of the World Cosplay Summit Australia 2008 Part 1

Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #54
Sydney2K

Photos of the winners of the Melbourne heat of the World Cosplay Summit Australia 2008 Part 2

Unread 04-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #55
Sydney2K

Photos of the winners of the Melbourne heat of the World Cosplay Summit Australia 2008 Part 3

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #56
Melanie

Wow! That's wonderful work! Congrats to the winners, and again, I can't wait to see their finals costumes!!!
Unread 04-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #57
Wakaleo

Melanie and Asham, I'm looking forward to your portfolio. Try to send it to me at least 1 week before Animania Brisbane. There are 3 other teams competing, so at least you won't be lonely, in fact, 3 of the 4 teams will be going to the finals, 1 will be missing out.

Remember than the skit has the same value as your costume during the judging process, so make sure the skit is as awesome as the costume!!
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #58
Melanie

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear we have decent-sized competition up here!

To be honest, I haven't performed a proper skit in my entire cosplay history - I've always relied 100% on my costume, so this should be interesting...
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #59
Tsubaki-sama
a.k.a. Tsubaki-chan

I wanna see what Brisbane dishes out!!!

Melanie!!! You & Asham will be amazing! & you know it! XD

I'm loving WCS atm. I had so much fun in melbourne hanging out with K & Aly really late in the hotel room. I really missed those girls! xD

The drama has been very limited which makes me happy since I think we're pretty much all friends with everyone who is entering, which keeps the comp very relaxed because either way I'll be happy if my friends go through. So YAY! XDDD *flails*
This is probably one of the great things having such a small cosplay community in Australia compared to other countries, you really can get to know everyone in it. Personally I think everyone who is entering are equally amazing. You judges are going to have a tough time at main honestly.

@Widya: Thanks for posting up all the photos of the finalists. I can't wait to see the Brisbane ones!!! >____<''' This is so exciting!
Tsubaki-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #60
Mucai
Magical Girl

I don't know anyone here. I know more cosplayers in America then I do here.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote