Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 05-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #61
cybersnowwhite

I knew Chrissie and Aly were going to get through, they're so dedicated and their skills just keep growing the more I see of them! The D. Grey Man outfits are also spectacular, specially that arm, goodluck to those two as well!
cybersnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #62
Sydney2K

Winner of the Brisbane leg of the World Cosplay Summit:

Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #63
Sydney2K

Runner-up of the Brisbane leg of the World Cosplay Summit:

Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #64
odd-ball--X
Odd-Ball--X

One group couldn't make it, I beleive. But the girls from Gundam Seed were adorable ^_^
And the other group were pretty good considering their situation.

Work In Progresses
Random Day Student {Vampire Knight} - 90%
Shippuden Naruto {Naruto} - 20%
Shippuden Hinata {Naruto} - 2%
odd-ball--X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #65
Inuki-chan
Haraju2Girls

personally I cannot wait to see everyone's outfits that will be in for the finals! you guys are all so talented!
Inuki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #66
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inupapa View Post
They look great~

but... 2 entries? O_o I thought there was three couples.
Ah yeah... that was my fault. Asham and I were the third couple. Long story short, my cat was not in the best shape at the time, and I had to choose between looking after him, or going to Animania. He's all better now, and I regret nothing!

We'll be re-submitting our entry for Sydney.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #67
Wakaleo

Just a reminder that if you are entering the preliminary rounds with costumes from a game, in the finals, you have to enter with costumes from an Anime.
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #68
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaleo View Post
Just a reminder that if you are entering the preliminary rounds with costumes from a game, in the finals, you have to enter with costumes from an Anime.
Ah, I know... that's the worst part about being in the last prelim - having to bring a second costume just in case. I'm making it at the moment, and I feel like I'm being arrogant and over-confident.

But yeah, don't worry... after much searching, I accidently stumbled across an anime that I actually like AND has nice designs! I should have some completed photos up in the next week or so, because I can't keep secrets. XD

Just a quick question about the venue... how is the stage set up? Does it have wings, or is it just a raised block in the middle of the room? If it's a proper stage, are there lights or speakers across the front, or is it a flat edge? Our skit involves a lot of movement, and I just want to make sure that I haven't planned anything that won't be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inupapa View Post
will see you/meet you at main! ^___^
Ah, we have not met? I was wondering if we had or not! XD
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #69
Wakaleo

Animania has just updated its website. They updated WCS rules and portfolio are available to download now.

To Melanie: Seeing your costume, I doubt you won't get selected for the finals, unless you pull out the worse skit in the universe, but knowing Asham, it's not going to happen. We have not decided how many teams will be selected for the finals in Round 4, it will depend on the number of teams entering. Maybe only 3 teams will go through, or maybe all.

For the venue, the Stage will be build up the day before so I don't know how high it will be, but I know that it will be massive, as big as the one at Town Hall (ask Asham, she has been on it), and it will have a catwalk. There will be lights and speakers at the front of it, but not in the section connecting to the catwalk, so you should have plenty of space.
Unread 06-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #70
Melanie

Quote:
To Melanie: Seeing your costume, I doubt you won't get selected for the finals, unless you pull out the worse skit in the universe, but knowing Asham, it's not going to happen.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am writing it, so the chances of a bad skit are still very existent.

Quote:
For the venue, the Stage will be build up the day before so I don't know how high it will be, but I know that it will be massive, as big as the one at Town Hall (ask Asham, she has been on it), and it will have a catwalk. There will be lights and speakers at the front of it, but not in the section connecting to the catwalk, so you should have plenty of space.
Ahh... a catwalk? Cool! I might have to work that into the skit. Okay, next question - how far around the stage will the audience be? Just front on? Front and sides? Or all the way around?

Will we have time to check out the stage prior to the event? Seeing as this is the first proper skit I've been in, I'm not really confident that rehearsals will be enough, and I'd like the chance to walk the stage and plan out where this and that are going to happen.

Hahahaa! Can you tell I am a Drama drop-out? XD

Last edited by Melanie : 06-17-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #71
Wakaleo

>how far around the stage will the audience be? Just front on? Front and sides? Or all the way around?

The audience should be at least 3m from the stage, front and side, as the catwalk protrude at the center of the stage. So the audience will be in front and on either side of the catwalk, at least 3m away.

>Will we have time to check out the stage prior to the event?

The only way that you will be able to see the stage before the event (since it's going to be built the night before Animania) is if you enter the Cosplay expo, as we will request cosplayers to drop off their costumes on the Friday night. If you do, I'll let you in quickly to see the stage.

Actually, I was hoping that you would put one of your amazing costumes (if you have not sold them all already) in the cosplay expo.

Have a look on the website for the details of the cosplay expo.

Good luck with the skit!!
Unread 06-20-2008, 03:28 AM   #72
Melanie

Thanks for the info!

And thanks also for the encouragement to enter the expo! I'll send you a pm about it though, because I don't know if I have any valid costumes.

Last edited by Melanie : 06-20-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Unread 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #73
Wakaleo

World Cosplay Summit has officially announced the participation of Australia in WCS 2009.

http://www.tv-aichi.co.jp/wcs/e/

http://www.tv-aichi.co.jp/wcs/e/news/080702a.html
Unread 07-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #74
Don Marmoto

Hi everyone!!!

Congratulations to Australia for been accepted on the WCS, I know that the winners will have a great time in Japan!!

My name`s Mario, Second in chief for the WCS MEXICO and we are happy to see who the WCS keeps growing with more countries. Im traveling this year to Nagoya to watch the finals, we want to keep the name of our country high after we won the 3th place (sponsor BROTHER award) but we know is very difficult since many teams are strong these year.

We will be waiting for you next year!!!

Best regards

Paula & Mario
WCS MEXICO organizers

PAULA´s gallery

MARIO¨s gallery
Don Marmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #75
Flipper
Australian Cosplayer

Wow! I want to send my congrats to all the Aussies who have won thus far, I've been through this thread and am extremely impressed! I'm so excited that Australia is finally being represented in the WCS~ Show the world what we're made of ^_~