Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
masteva
Canadian Cid

Diablo - The Butcher - Need some input!

Hey all. I am putting together a cosplay of The Butcher from the original Diablo ("Ahhhhh... Fresh meat!") but I have run into a small problem. I have noticed he is barefoot, and running around a con barefoot is not my cup of tea (especially since the con coming up is Nov 2!).

Now, I was thinking I could use the ol creative license and get some rubber boots, cut them up a bit, spatter them with some red paint for a nice gory look and call it a day, but I thought I would ask the enlightened masses (that's all you wonderful smart folk ) for maybe some different suggestions.

I also know he is bare-a$$ nekkid, but that ain't happening either so I am going to just get some brown pants and cut and mess them up.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/incandes...es/butcher.gif

Anime North 2012
Mephisto Pheles - Ao no Exorcist
Fan Expo 2012
Garrett - Thief Series

Last edited by masteva : 10-04-2007 at 08:28 AM.
masteva is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Actually, if you still want to do the barefoot bit, I recall hearing about a type of sandals that you actually stuck to the soles of your feet. So it looks like you're barefoot, but you're actually wearing sandals.

Another tip (since Halloween is coming up) see if you can find some latex monster feet, and repaint them to match.

BTW, excellent choice in The Butcher, btw. Makes me wanna play Diablo again, LOL.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
masteva
Canadian Cid

Haven't seen any monster feet yet in stores... will start looking though. Might be hidden. I did find some great demon hands though I should be able to use with little to no alteration.

Have never heard of those sandles either... will look at those too, thanks!

Anime North 2012
Fan Expo 2012
Garrett - Thief Series
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I second the monster feet idea if you can find some. Look online, too. Another option if you're not using monster feet over shoes is to just wear regular sandals or flip flops and kick them behind you for pictures. Definitely don't walk around barefoot, as this is both unsafe for you and unsanitary for the rest of us.

I was going to say something about modifying the apron to cover frontal bits and/or rigging up some kind of loincloth thing, but... yeah, I think pants are a better option. I'd cut them off at the knee or a little higher, personally, kind of like the old Wolfman pants.

And I second the awesomeness of this cosplay. I used to flip out every time I had to fight the Butcher because he always killed me. It took me like a year to beat that guy.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
masteva
Canadian Cid

Now the flipflops sound like a good idea... though I hope the con center is not gonna be cold XD. If I did that, I could just put the make-up on my legs and feet and wrap my feet in really nasty looking bandages for added effect. Opinions?

Anime North 2012
Fan Expo 2012
Garrett - Thief Series
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
FireFistAce

You are awesome. Pure awesome.
But if you do big monster hands, having normal looking feet might look strange. Especially since he seems to have very large feet in that image. Worst case scenario, wear the flipflops, but get some of those stick on claws that are meant for fingernails( they're everywhere round Halloween), and use 'em on your toes.
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
masteva
Canadian Cid

Yeah, thought of that too. The hands really aren't too oversized, and my feet are also size 13 so the proportions wouldn't be that bad XD.

Anime North 2012
Fan Expo 2012
Garrett - Thief Series
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #8
masteva
Canadian Cid

Thought I would bring this back to the front once more to see if anyone else had some ideas for The Butcher feet. If not, will let this die and look at some options already given

Anime North 2012
Fan Expo 2012
Garrett - Thief Series