Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 08-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #31
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Ugh! I'm trying to get the costume off my brother, but he won't leave WoW to take two steps to his cupboard, so as of right now... it's not looking promising.

Anyways, while I'm here... can any Sydney locals tell me approximately how long it takes to drive to the airport from the Animania venue? (allowing for bad traffic, of course!)

I'm just looking at the schedule, and there is no possible way I can stay until the end, but I'd like to hang around to watch as much of the finalists' Q&A session as I can before madly driving to the airport... probably in costume. XD

Last edited by Melanie : 08-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #32
Wakaleo

Gah Melanie, you can't leave before the results. What if you win? You know we have a Japanese guest coming especially from Japan for the selection, and she will be interviewing the winners after the competition. Is there anyway that you can take a later flight? If you and Asham win, Asham would be left alone for the interviews, to receive the medals and invitation to Japan...

At the same time, if you don't win, you probably would regret not getting the earlier flight, but at this stage there have as much a chance to win as anyone in the finals.

It takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport from ATP.

For your bro's costume, don't worry, I think I have enough now.
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #33
Melanie

Thanks for the info! That helps me plan my escape with a lot more precision! XD

The very last flight to Qld on the Sunday night leaves Sydney at around 6pm. I have to be back at work at 6am on Monday morning, and I will always choose my job over my hobby without question

I've seen the progress of some of the other teams, and if the judges are as harsh and thorough as I hope they will be, I certainly wouldn't put any money on us winning against that amazing work. There is a reason I've blatantly pointed out my costumes' flaws in the portfolio.

[EDIT] On another note, I just read that Asha-Morgan is not attending... did you still want my costume from our duo for the Expo? I feel kind of dumb having it on display as half of a winning duo. And, is it going to be possible to get it back early, or should I beg and plead that it get mailed back to me?

Last edited by Melanie : 08-24-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Unread 08-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #34
Cloud_Ninja
Procrastanator Extrodinar

I'm going to Animania as Orochimaru.

Working On

Companion Cube gijinka - Portal
Red Pyro - Team Fortress 2
Meulin Leijon - Homestuck
Cloud_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #35
Melanie

Wow! In all honesty, I have to say I was NOT looking forward to going to Animania (this is entirely Brisbane's fault), but you guys totally blew me away! I had an absolutely brilliant time!

Thanks so much for some awesome memories!
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:57 AM   #36
Gravy Boat Gary

I'm new to cosplayin, and going to animania in September Brissy, I want to wear my link cosplay but feel it would be out of place at animania lol, does it really matter?
Gravy Boat Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #37
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Boat Gary View Post
I'm new to cosplayin, and going to animania in September Brissy, I want to wear my link cosplay but feel it would be out of place at animania lol, does it really matter?
You won't be out of place, I promise! Anime and Japanese video game characters are what it's all about... Link will be loved and accepted!

See you there!
Unread 08-27-2008, 05:56 AM   #38
Gravy Boat Gary

Yeah lol, kool beans, thanx
Gravy Boat Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #39
Mittenkitten
Feels like a winner!

I'll definitely be there, we're trying to make a new costume in time and record new skits too! ^^'

The latter is going to be hard, considering that I'm usually the 'skit recorder' and I've just been diagnosed as having bronchial spasms which means that my voice has gone all raspy and I'm finding it hard to breathe at times. That, and I'm on two prescriptions for the next two weeks. : P

Ah well, I'll still try my hardest to record it when my throat's feeling a little bit better. ^^'
Mittenkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #40
Wakaleo

Melanie, you made my day. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself at Animania, and I hope you will be back again, because I love your costumes too much!!!! See you in Brisbane in a few weeks!!
Unread 08-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #41
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaleo View Post
Melanie, you made my day. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself at Animania, and I hope you will be back again, because I love your costumes too much!!!! See you in Brisbane in a few weeks!!
Aww, you make me blush! Thank you so much!! I'm so happy I didn't let my paranoid mother talk me out of going to Sydney (seriously, she's terrified of the place, even though she's never been there!), otherwise I would I have missed out on one of the (if not THE) best cosplay experiences of my life!

Yeah, I have to madly work on this new costume for Brisbane now! The crazy brother I talked about in Sunday's skit... I'm cosplaying him. Bare-chested and blonde, just the way I like 'em! XD
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #42
Wakaleo

Sounds exciting, can't wait to see it!!
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #43
Melanie

Well, it didn't happen. XD Nah, I figured I'd save it for another time, since I didn't have the other half of my duo there.

Anyways, touching back on Sydney Animania for a moment... what's happening with the photo booth people? Asham and I paid to have our photos emailed to us (in addition to buying several prints), but we haven't heard a peep from them. Is a month long enough to wait before assuming they've run off with our cash?