Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 10-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #31
Rika-Chan
orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
I heard it's coming out for the PS3 Spring 2008... don't know if it's true of not though.
It's definitely coming out next year for the PS3, yes.
Rika-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #32
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Well I for one have been playing the 360 version, and Chopin is friggin badass as far as I've played. So I too am looking into cosplaying him next year.
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #33
Sinner_Chrono

I'm looking to cosplay as CHopin and Miles Edgeworth for MTAC Infinity but I don't know where to start with Chopin's costume. Anyone have any idea as to what century his clothing is modeled after, that way I can start researching what kind's of things I might need to buy.

If anyone knows the exact terms of what he's wearing, that would be greatly appreciated as well..
Sinner_Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #34
Imbeorodwen

well Chopin lived from 1810-1849, so I would research clothing and materials from the 19th century
Imbeorodwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #35
LCDextrose
nyu~

Wow I didn't know such a game exsited (loves towards Raindrop Prelude in the offical site X3 !!!) - now I wish I had an Xbox...

asside in looking up the 19th century you can also look up Romantic era for further searches.
LCDextrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #36
Takuropop
Taroist

I'm addicted to ES. It's as if the designers really got into my head and picked out the parts of RPGs that I enjoy most and plopped them all into one game, shoved in some gorgeous graphics and then a cherry on the top in the shape of a music theme.

A group of my friends and I are going to cosplay it for a Summer '08 con (we don't have too many here and a Summer-time con is usually one we all attend). I'm doing either Count Waltz or Beat depending on who everyone else picks as they're my favourites (and both mentalists!)

I can't wait to see some more cosplays from this series. Your Polka was ace Lemoned, you had a Chopin with you right?
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #37
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I'm debating between cosplaying Falsetto or Waltz, I went through the entire manual while at EB Games waiting for the sales people to find their copy of the receipt for my pre-ordered Phantom Hourglass game, lol. Every design is simply amazing, a cosplayer's dream! However, the designs are also very difficult, and present a lot of challenges. And expensive, too!

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #38
Aleera
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
Every design is simply amazing, a cosplayer's dream! However, the designs are also very difficult, and present a lot of challenges. And expensive, too!
That's why I'm starting with Rondo and Claves for early 2008, they are less expensive to construct than the more elaborate designs. The designs are wonderful and so is the music to this game. And each character's costume presents a unique challenge.
Unread 10-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #39
PrusiaF77
Princess Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-Chan View Post
It's definitely coming out next year for the PS3, yes.
Then what PS3 game is coming out for the 360? If there is no game from the PS3 coming to the 360, then why is it that the PS3 is getting games from the 360? That issue seems to make me think that Sony is threatening game companies if they don't port games over to their PS3. MGS4 might be coming to the 360 and Sony can't force Konami to not port it over to the 360.
PrusiaF77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #40
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrusiaF77 View Post
Then what PS3 game is coming out for the 360? If there is no game from the PS3 coming to the 360, then why is it that the PS3 is getting games from the 360? That issue seems to make me think that Sony is threatening game companies if they don't port games over to their PS3. MGS4 might be coming to the 360 and Sony can't force Konami to not port it over to the 360.
Possibly Folklore?
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 01:50 AM   #41
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Quote:
I'll be as neutral as possible, since the 360 vs PS3 arguments can get ugly. But to answer the question - Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo give monetary benefits to third party publishers to make their title exclusive. In many instances, "exclusive" means timed exclusive.

This title, Eternal Sonata, is mainly geared toward the Japanese audience (they buy these kinds of titles more than Americans). Even though PS3 sales have been less than stellar in Japan, they still outsell the 360 in very large proportions - at a much greater ratio than Wii is outselling PS3. Microsoft gave Namco Bandai financial incentive to release it early on the 360 (to help 360 sales over their because they don't buy games like Halo 3). Eventually, NB needs to sell more copies of the game.

MGS4 is stated as exclusive, but it could be timed (6 months, 1 year, etc.) and we won't know until much later. The most recent example is Lost Planet, which was 360 exclusive for a year until Capcom announced the PS3 version a couple days ago.

It's the nature of business. Microsoft and Sony will throw money at third parties. One company may seem like the evil or good one to gamers eyes, but they are all out for the same thing - the green goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
Possibly Folklore?
This is a Sony first party title.

Now that that's out of the way... there are definitely good cosplay options from this game. Chopin would definitely be interesting.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #42
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Quote:
Devil May Cry 4 was originally PS3-only, but is now coming to 360 as well.

Fatal Inertia was originally PS3-only, then was dropped in favor of 360 (and it came out in Sept), and now is being ported to PS3 again.

All I can think of off the top of my head...
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #43
Imbeorodwen

ps3 gets almost everything later than the 360. skate, elder scrolls oblivion game of the year edition, and the list goes on. I think this is just going to end up being another game that they get later. I think it might be that they just have problems making games work on their system. who knows
Unread 10-21-2007, 10:35 PM   #44
Imbeorodwen

Hey, if anyone is going to katsucon in 08' that would be interested in cosplaying a character from Eternal Sonata, my friend and I are trying to have as a big of a group as possible! You can PM me if you want some more information.
Unread 10-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #45
Miss Meru
Miss Vallière

I've got a group of sorts for Anime Weekend Atlanta '08 with my friends ^_^; I just love Polka's design & decided to go with her, since she's the type of character I loveee~ might be making my fiance an Allegretto too, but we'll see.
Dragon*Con (Atlanta)

♥♥ cosplay portfolio @ merucosplay.com ♥♥

Last edited by Miss Meru : 10-22-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Miss Meru is offline   Reply With Quote