Karen ~ Bodice, Wig

Attending
2008~Anime Fannatiku, Anime Vegas
2009~Anime Expo
Shironotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #62
Kuchiki-chan
Curse Chicka

Such a great game.. me and my friend finally decided to go as the enemies.. she's going as Dolce, I'm going as Rondo..should hopefully be for this year's ACEN, although the costumes look quite difficult. >.<
Kuchiki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #63
Soy Sauce
Event Director of SoyCon

Eternal Sonata, aka Trusty Bell ^^;, is indeed a great game. I'm trying to plan out how to do Chopin, but I'm having trouble finding a good pattern to work off from. I've looked in Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick, and Vogue nothing seems to be popping out at me, or I might be just overlooking it. Plus, where am I going to find a top hat with that color?
Soy Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #64
patchworkalice

I'm working on a claves now but will probally do dolce (if i can find any screenshots ><) and possibly viola.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do claves's metal boots however, so if anyone has suggestions id love to hear them...also if anyone has good images of the back of her costume i could use some of those too ^^;
patchworkalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #65
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I'll be starting on Waltz within a couple months, it's really hard to find back shots of characters. The best luck I've had is going on Youtube and searching videos to get better angles, but it's hard to get a clear view of anything sometimes. D: I at least managed to see what kind of mantle he has that way and distinguish some details. And I know what you mean about boots, patchworkalice, Waltz's footwear is insane! Going to be a pain to pattern and make.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #66
Aleera
Master Thief

I've continued some planning on Rondo, my friend will have my wig done in May. And I'll be starting construction sometime before that. I'm very excited though.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #67
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

I picked it up at first then set it down cause it was waaay to cutesy for me. But then I played it and I'm like this is awesome! Albiet Alegretto's a jerk, Polka's voice grates my ears, and Salsa needs laryngitis. But I'ma workin on Chopin. I found plenty of good front shoots but does anyone have a single good shot of his back? Cuz he's got that little dangly thing on the mantle.

His baton should be fun though.

We're at war. Nobody wants to admit it, but humanity is under attack.

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Ota '11: Natsu Dragoneel{Fairy Tail}, Yamamoto (Vongola Gear V. X) {K.H.R.}
Future: Garrus Vakarian {Mass Effect 2}
AkechiTenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #68
Sparkle Pipsi
No... I'M Suzanne!!!

This thread has been quiet for a little while, but hi =3.

I'm starting to work on my Viola costume for Comic-Con, yay! I have almost all of the fabric, I just need to start putting it together ^__^. I've also been working on a March costume for my younger sister. Our group is entering the Comic-Con masquerade, and will include Viola, March, Polka, Jazz and Claves =D. SO EXCITED.

I noticed while looking through this thread that a lot of people are in want of good references of the backs of characters... one suggestion I have would be to play the game with a digital camera in hand xD! I've beaten it once and I'm playing through it again now, pausing where there are good reference shots and taking pictures... on a hi-def TV it works surprisingly well!

So far I've only been taking pics of Viola and March (because they're the costumes I'm working on, obviously xD) but if anyone is interested I can start taking pics of all the characters and load them in a photo bucket or something... my guess is that not all of you actually have a copy of the game, this might be a help for you ~ reference pictures for ALL! =D.

I'll post here again when I have em all done <3.
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #69
Miss Meru
Miss Valličre

I agree with Sparkle Pipsi ^_~

And to enhance that idea further, I have a bunch of different save files so I can go back and check different parts of the game. Unfortunately, I didn't start doing that until like Chapter 5, lolz.
Dragon*Con (Atlanta)

♥♥ cosplay portfolio @ merucosplay.com ♥♥
Miss Meru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #70
Toshi_Riku
The God Of This New World

I'm Doing Chopin ^ ^
Was Wondering Does it Matter For The Heart Pendent
On His Back to Be There I kind Of Find It Hard to Do :/

And The Cain -_-
I Am Lost With That
So I'll Probably Go With A Regular Cain.
Would That Be Cool?

2011 Cons/Event
Fanime, Kin Toki Con, AM2/Anime Expo, SDCC, Otakon, STGCC, Sac-Anime/Anime Vegas, TGS, AFA.

Twitter LJ DA FaceBook Tumblr

Last edited by Toshi_Riku : 03-08-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Toshi_Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #71
Aleera
Master Thief

Sparkle Pipsi: That's a great idea. I think that would help a lot of people out with planning the costumes. I used a digital camera when I played Dragon Quest 8 to do the same thing. I'm hoping that the 360 red light issue will be solved in the coming months, so I can get everything to play before AWA, around the summer time when I come home.
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #72
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Actually, the official site has tons of high-res screenshots (including back views) and places like gamespot have a few more ref pics that aren't on the Namco Bandai site. Just download the official fan kits though, that's all I needed for my Viola costume. (Finding decent back shots of NPCs like Serenade and Waltz might be harder.)

When ES comes out for the PS3 featuring Serenade and Crescendo as playable characters, I bet you'll be able to get / make perfect screencaps of their costumes too.

Sparkle Pipsi, I'm looking forward to seeing you in the masquerade at Comic-Con! *.* ES needs more love.
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #73
Adilleynn

Red face

I played and fell in love with the outfits also. I couldn’t resist making one for myself.
I’m doing Serenade, and it was hard getting all the side shots for her. I pretty well got it figured out, but there are a few spots I need to look at more closely. I think I can pull off making it.
Adilleynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 01:01 AM   #74
Sparkle Pipsi
No... I'M Suzanne!!!

Reference Pics!

*crickets chirp* nobody's posted for a while... xD

I finally got around to uploading some Eternal Sonata detail shots of some of the characters... I planned on taking more, but my xbox 360 fell victim to the red ring of death and now I have to wait for it to get fixed ;____;. I'll probably post more later, but for now here's some detail shots of Claves, Jazz, March, Polka and Viola :3

Note: these were taken with my digicam in front of my TV, so the quality isn't great... so don't use em for color reference! But hopefully they should give an idea of what some of the details are, particularly on the backs of the costumes ^^

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20References/
Unread 05-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #75
Rika-Chan
orz

Those are soooo much better than the refs I took! Stealing the Jazz ones, thanks ;D!
Rika-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote