Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 05-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #76
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Thanks for posting these! They'll come in handy when I finish/revamp my Viola costume (ack, I missed some details on her hood and on those stupid things dangling from her belt >_<) They're pretty good considering they're only taken with a digicam off your TV screen!
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #77
Ph34rPirogoeth
SMASHLEY

I have to make Falsetto for Otakon her shirt like thing confuses me.

Animazement
America- Hetalia-100%
Belarus- Hetalia-100%

Otakon 2010
Pandora Hearts- Abyss 10%

NYAF
BlazBlue- Mu-12-0%
Ph34rPirogoeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 01:42 AM   #78
Toshi_Riku
The God Of This New World

aoi does anyone have any ref on chopin's heart pendent on his back of his cloak and his cain?

2011 Cons/Event
Fanime, Kin Toki Con, AM2/Anime Expo, SDCC, Otakon, STGCC, Sac-Anime/Anime Vegas, TGS, AFA.

Twitter LJ DA FaceBook Tumblr
Toshi_Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #79
Komapsunida
Your Queen

Polka

My friend is going as Polka for the May MCM in London this weekend! Its taken her ages! T_T But she looks wonderful!
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #80
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Here is my Chopin.
Chillin with some Burger King

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/118472/
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #81
liddo-chan
frogtographer

Posting to keep this thread going... (because I really want to see more Eternal Sonata cosplay!)

I meant to finish an Allegretto costume in time for Fanime, but got sidetracked. Will do some more work on it today and hopefully have it done by AX.

Falsetto is still on my list, but only if I find some nice dusky midnight blue fabric with a bit of stretch that I can sew diamonds shapes into...
Unread 06-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #82
Ph34rPirogoeth
SMASHLEY

I am making Falsetto for Otakon and I'm considering doing the pants and center of the shirt out of velvet, but I'm not sure what fabrics look good with velvets any suggestions.

Animazement
America- Hetalia-100%
Belarus- Hetalia-100%

Otakon 2010
Pandora Hearts- Abyss 10%

NYAF
BlazBlue- Mu-12-0%
Ph34rPirogoeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #83
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Does anyone have any extremely large screenshots of Fred's back? I have yet to find one where I can figure out the shape and color of the design above the hanging gold heart piece, and the design on the back of the collar as well.
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #84
Sparkle Pipsi
No... I'M Suzanne!!!

@ Toshi and Aqua -- Once I have a functioning Xbox I plan on taking more detail shots of all the characters (particularly the hard to see spots like back and shoes), and I'll post here again when I get some of Chopin for sure ... but seriously, if you have a copy of the game, it's really easy to just pause the game and take pictures of the screen for reference. I promise the pictures will turn out better than you think. ^__~

For the sake of keeping this thread alive, I thought I would post a few of my favorite progress shots =D. Currently I'm working on Viola (for me) and March (for my lil' sis). I'll be starting on a Jazz costume for my husband once I get the first two done =D

Viola: (reference pic)
> Top and Capelet - link
> Hoodie - link
> Loincloth (lol) - link
> Hair Cones - link

March: (reference pic)
> Embroidered Trim - link
> Necklaces - link
> Finished Jumper - link
> Headband and Ears (pardon my moving boxes, hehe ^^; ) - link

I'm almost totally done with March, just gotta do her shirt, shorts, and shoes =D. I'm hoping to have her done by AX so my sister can wear it there... it'll be her first cosplay ^___^.

Viola is another story... I'm just hoping to get her done eventually! ;;;
Unread 06-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #85
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Hmm. Seems I never thought to post here.

A couple months ago I decided I wanted to cosplay Allegretto. So far, I'm still planning.

Does anyone know how to get those designs on his leather strap? I've never worked with leather before, so I have absolutely no idea. ._.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #86
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Unread 07-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #87
Domin-eau

Exclamation Help would be appreaciated!!

Hello everyone! I am requesting some ideas and help on how to make this costume. Anything you have to offer would be amazing as I find this partciular costume to be a challenge. I am planning to go as Frederic, while my boyfriend is going as Jazz and we would both love your opinions! I am planning on cutting and dying my hair, as well as thinking about buying coloured contacts.

Here are a couple of reference pictures:

Frédéric (He is the one in the top hat):
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ta/FChopin.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...theESGang3.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j..._Sonata_ls.gif

And Jazz (The one with the ponytail):
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z.../JazzViola.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Jazz-Back.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...-BootsBack.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...onata/Jazz.jpg

I can imagine that this has already been addressed. ^__^
Thank you in advance for all your help!

So many cosplays... so little time TT^TT
Domin-eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #88
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Frederic looks like such a hard costume, and I still feel like it kind of is, but now that I've been cosplaying for a few years and actually working on it, it's not really that bad. The detailed designs on the back will probably be the hardest part for me to do because the satin stitcher feature on my mom's sewing machine is kind of messed up, not to mention satin stitching takes FOREVER.

If you are big on details and a HARDCORE cosplayer, play Eternal Sonata in it's entirety, and find a screenshot from EVERY angle of Frederic online. I must have at least 50 pictures of him on my computer. You can really just make it out of regular patterns. Just get a pants pattern and alter the bottom because of how it's shaped. I'm using a blouse pattern for the undershirt and putting small pleats in it. The giant collar piece on top of the shawl should be easy to make [minus outlining the designs in all that trim], and the off-white skirt piece with the hearts shouldn't be that difficult either, expect maybe making the ruffles. For the shawl find a shawl pattern, and then you could just use a regular old sleeved vest pattern for the vest. I've just had trouble finding a top hat that is the right color, and as far as I know, there are no shoes on earth that are near his.

So I have to stray a little on the shoes b/c I have searched everywhere, but really, is someone going to come up to me and say OMG THE HEEL PIECE IS NOT PROPORTIONAL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FRONT OF THE SHOE!!!!? I'd smack them if they did, xD. You could also make the multiple gold pieces of his costume out of foam or wonderflex. I don't have advice on the weapon, b/c I don't have time to make it, I'm waiting until I wear him to a 2nd con for that.

All in all, once you've decided how to make Frederic's costume, it's really not that hard at all. Just get as detailed of a vision for him as possible, and if you are going to go all out like I am, prepare to spend a lot of time on it, and a hell of a lot of money.

As for Jazz, I have no idea xD. Good luck :]
Unread 07-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #89
Sparkle Pipsi
No... I'M Suzanne!!!

Domin-eau -- I'll be starting work on my hubby's Jazz costume today, and it needs to be done by Comic-Con masquerade... which is in 9 days o____o. I'll let you know how it goes, because I'll be taking a crash course in Jazz-making over the next few days xD;;

... and while I'm here, I'd like to pimp my sisters' Eternal Sonata costumes! Polka was made and worn by my younger sister, Miaka-chan, and March was worn by my youngest sister, Chichiriko, and made by me ^___^.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1614303/
Unread 07-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #90
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Here is a sneak peek of Frederic :]

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1631820/