Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Music Chat

Unread 05-22-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
Odin
Your resident demi-god

Risa Ohki

I don't know if anybody has heard of this vocalist, but she has done all of the vocals in the Final Fantasy Vocal Collections (Love Will Grow and Pray) along with a couple songs from the Suikoden arranged albums.

Does anybody have a clue as to anything else Risa Ohki has participated in? I really love her voice, and her English pronunciation is fantastic (though I can't say anything in light of the other languages she's performed in . . . since I don't speak them). Or know anything else about her in general? I can't find much information about her around the internet.
-Odin
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Greeting and much thanks for starting this thread,

I love her voice as well and want to know more about her songs too. I have the Pray CD and am looking to get the Love Will Grow CD.

I had no idea she did songs for Suikoden... which albums are they? I must get them.

I tried to find stuff on the net but all I came across were sites with broken links.

Does she have an official page?

I'm wondering what her training in vocal arts is? She has the best voice since Karen Carpenter.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Odin
Your resident demi-god

I'm aware that Risa Ohki sang the "la mia tristezza (which is the theme of sadness)" and "La passione commuove la storia (I don't know what that means)" from the Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection. The other tracks on that CD are done by some vocalist that Risa Ohki easily out-classes, in my opinion. She may have performed in the other Suikoden vocal collection (for I'm only aware of one other . . .) but I don't know if she's in it or not.

I'm also not aware of any official page for her - at least, anything in English. I'm considering making a fan site for her, though it wouldn't have much to offer besides a point on the internet where I could potentially gather more information about her.
-Odin
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote