Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #1501
thebluecanary

Quote:
Originally Posted by randominuyasha View Post
Can I be in on this comparison of notes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinedBlade View Post
Yup, and thanks for the suggestions. :U
I really think we all should gather our notes together. Is there anyway to update the first post with links and other gathered info on where people got thier stuff, and/or the band they used? I think that would help out a lot of people.

Kind of like a shopping list? People could post what they did, and if it is different it could be added to the list.

Is that something we could do?
thebluecanary is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #1502
Herr Emit

101... ONE HUNDRED AND FUCKING ONE PAGES!

I is amazed :U

wait a minute... YOUR UP TO SOMETHING ARNT YOU!?

just so you guys know, this post was entirely meant as a joke.

Last edited by Herr Emit : 09-24-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Herr Emit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #1503
thebluecanary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Emit View Post
wait a minute... YOUR UP TO SOMETHING ARNT YOU!?
Yep.
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #1504
CeilingMan
The good boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluecanary View Post
I really think we all should gather our notes together. Is there anyway to update the first post with links and other gathered info on where people got thier stuff, and/or the band they used? I think that would help out a lot of people.

Kind of like a shopping list? People could post what they did, and if it is different it could be added to the list.

Is that something we could do?
Doubt it, I have yet to see the thread creator come back to this thread.

I've been meaning to start a little series where I make a shopping list on how to make Team Fortress 2 Characters. (Including Scout's Mom, Announcer, and Saxton Hale)
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #1505
thebluecanary

Quote:
Doubt it, I have yet to see the thread creator come back to this thread.

I've been meaning to start a little series where I make a shopping list on how to make Team Fortress 2 Characters. (Including Scout's Mom, Announcer, and Saxton Hale)
Well, you are making all 6. Might as well start one TF2 Shopping List. I'll add my list to it.
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #1506
Left_4_Pillz

Hey I'm going to make a Heavy cosplay and I wanted to make sort of like a gathering at Comicon and make it a Heavy picnic, Heavy cosplayers come and bring a sandvich and we take pictures and stuff.
Left_4_Pillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #1507
randominuyasha

I like the idea of one giant shopping list. Actually, I have a list of all the items needed for all the classes since I'm making all of them for my scholarship project. It's nothing fancy and doesn't have any specifics, but it's something to go off of. Just you know, "soldier needs this many thick black belts, pyro needs this and that", and includes the unlocks. It's organized according to class.

And then I have a separate document where I've been hoarding all the tips and tricks I've found so far in here and in other places, but they'd be easy enough to combine I think. And it's easy enough to elaborate on exactly what each weapon/accessory/costume would need according to part as well.

But yeah, if any of you are interested I can share. 'Cause I'm going through all 101 of the pages looking for anything that could be helpful, and there is quite a lot of good stuff hidden in here. Just gotta search through all the broken links and stuff to find them.
randominuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #1508
CeilingMan
The good boy...

Okay, so I'm gonna start on the whole "Team Fortress 2 Shopping List" thing.

But first, which class should I start with? I was thinking Scout, since he's the easiest.

Second, what would be a good name for this mini-series?
Unread 09-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #1509
thebluecanary

Quote:
Okay, so I'm gonna start on the whole "Team Fortress 2 Shopping List" thing.

But first, which class should I start with? I was thinking Scout, since he's the easiest.

Second, what would be a good name for this mini-series?
@DestinedBlade: Not sure about this mini-series. But also a link to ref pics would also be a good idea. I know there are millions of them out there, but I had a hell of a time finding the ones I wanted, OR finding someone to stand still long enough for me to get a screenshot of them.

So once its up and posted let the rest of us know so we can help. Only issue I see is keeping it JUST a shopping / reference list.

Strat by listing them all, any order you like. I would almost say have one top lvl post for each class. That way, if you are lucky, they will all be at the top of the list. Maybe even grab a few extra posts after as holding places.

People will post what they have, and you can go back and move them to the top. Hope this isn't too much work for ya. =P

@randominuyasha: You are full of awusome if you get it all. Page 18 has some good pyro stuff btw. =P
Unread 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #1510
randominuyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluecanary View Post
@DestinedBlade: Not sure about this mini-series. But also a link to ref pics would also be a good idea. I know there are millions of them out there, but I had a hell of a time finding the ones I wanted, OR finding someone to stand still long enough for me to get a screenshot of them.

So once its up and posted let the rest of us know so we can help. Only issue I see is keeping it JUST a shopping / reference list.

Strat by listing them all, any order you like. I would almost say have one top lvl post for each class. That way, if you are lucky, they will all be at the top of the list. Maybe even grab a few extra posts after as holding places.

People will post what they have, and you can go back and move them to the top. Hope this isn't too much work for ya. =P

@randominuyasha: You are full of awusome if you get it all. Page 18 has some good pyro stuff btw. =P
Well, so far I have about half the classes done (props not included) - and that's mostly just over the two summer months. I have scout (and all his weapons except for sandman and the two primaries), sniper needs only his hat and gloves and a few accessories (also have Jarate and his Kukri), Engineer needs the goggles (kinda) and a few little details, and spy needs only his ski-mask thing (and I have a few weapons from him too).

I suppose I should start posting some pictures, since beside those costumes I also have a bunch of weapons from the other classes hanging about. XD

And thanks, I totally saw. If I can get permission from mah mom I hope to buy myself some coveralls and a gasmask.

Last edited by randominuyasha : 09-25-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #1511
randominuyasha

Ok, so I'm still pretty new to the thread, but hey, I'mma post some pictures of my costumes so far. Actually, I'll put them all, or all the decent ones, anyway. Since I don't have them up on here yet they go to my deviantart account.

As you'll soon see, I've been busy. Most of this (other than the scout) was done from July to right now. I have no life and am totally and utterly addicted to this game... AND PROUD.

Scout (Finished)
Scout (Finished also)

Soldier:
Not yet started

Pyro:
Not yet started

Demoman WIP 1

Heavy WIP 1

Engineer WIP 1
Engineer WIP 2

Medic:
Not started yet

Sniper WIP 1

Spy WIP 1

Props and accessories:
Revolver Finished
Ubersaw Finished
Kukri Finished
Medipack + Medigun WIP 1
Medipack + Medigun WIP 2
Medigun WIP 1
Medigun WIP 2
Small Health Kit
Pouches WIP
Saws WIP
Knives WIP
Helmet and Goggles WIP
WIP Group 1
WIP Group 2

How I'm Organizing all this Stuff
Unread 09-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #1512
Herr Emit

Quote:
Originally Posted by randominuyasha View Post
Well, so far I have about half the classes done (props not included) - and that's mostly just over the two summer months. I have scout (and all his weapons except for sandman and the two primaries), sniper needs only his hat and gloves and a few accessories (also have Jarate and his Kukri), Engineer needs the goggles (kinda) and a few little details, and spy needs only his ski-mask thing (and I have a few weapons from him too).

I suppose I should start posting some pictures, since beside those costumes I also have a bunch of weapons from the other classes hanging about. XD

And thanks, I totally saw. If I can get permission from mah mom I hope to buy myself some coveralls and a gasmask.
woah, that sounds awesome! =D

since i havent been here on a few days, and with the thread growing so fast, it was a bit too much facts to take in for me. my head is exploding. but yeah it does sound awesome ^^
Unread 09-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #1513
randominuyasha

Hmm.. has this happened to anyone else?

I made a giant post to show my progress on all the classes so far, and when I hit submit I got a message saying "this must be approved. Once it's approved it'll be posted"... that was yesterday. And it's still not here.

Just kinda wondering where mah post went and if I should redo it XD
Unread 09-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #1514
CeilingMan
The good boy...

Um, I think I see it two posts up.
Unread 09-27-2009, 02:59 AM   #1515
randominuyasha

Quote:
Um, I think I see it two posts up.
I think you do not. This post had about 15-20 links in it, some of the WIP costumes and some of props. =P