Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 01-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #151
Cabbage Oh
lol sup /cgl/

Hey mcslanty, when is your group going so I'll know what day[s] and when to wear my costume.
Cabbage Oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2008, 09:36 PM   #152
borzou
Tape Measure Guy

Few things I wanted to ask/point out about the pyro uniform

Gas Mask: has anybody noticed there is writing on the mask? The first text is in tall letters "OPTICAL MASK". The second line is significantly smaller and is illegible (I can't run the game as hi res). I'm thinking that I can cut the letters out of a sticker sheet and stick them on to the mask.

Flash Bangs:I'm guessing those buggers are between 2" - 3" in diameter. I am considering the PVC pipe route as replica flash bangs are hard to come by and are expensive.

I had other things to say, but my ritalin is wearing off.

BUNNIES!!!!

EDIT: Didn't want to double post ->

I have contacted the patch maker and he's going to give me a price estimate and a prototype patch. I know we have a lot of Pyro's here, so I'm going to wait a bit so everyone can get attempt to get an order in. Right now, the patches are looking like $6 a piece ($12 a pair). So if you are a Pyro and you're interested in the patch, give me a holler (via PM) and I'll add you on my list.

Last edited by borzou : 02-01-2008 at 10:30 AM.
borzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #153
D4rkone
Bowler Extraordinaire

Another update, almost done with my Spy outfit. Making the mask next weekend, I'll order gloves sometime this week and the knife, that's still in planning stages but should start over the weekend as well.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1396629/

Last edited by D4rkone : 02-03-2008 at 03:27 PM.
D4rkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #154
Fitanfrogs

Hey all, just a small update.

I lost a LOT of money, wasn't my fault, but it postponed a lot of my spending for the pyro.
Anyway, so far I ordered my jumpsuit, electric blue at All Seasons Uniforms.
I was able to find a small group of Blues that will be at acen, though they hate the costume rules and decided to cosplay outside. This saturday(?) I will be taking a picture of what I have so far, and some of the items for the flamethrower.
Fitanfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #155
makio
resident slacker

I know I haven't posted on this thread in awhile, but I've been literally scrambling around town assisting in trying to get my BLU team's stuff done... ranging from finding apparel close to that odd blue colour to midnight eBay sessions looking for props. #_#

Personally speaking as my group's Demoman, I just have my EOD vest & grenade props to finish and I'm all set(which should be done this weekend if Metrocon tryouts don't consume the whole time). Anyway, getting to the point of this post -- does anyone have a good "sideshot" of Demoman's grenade launcher? TFPortal.de had some decent low-res screencaps, but they were all at odd angles.

"Then what am I supposed to believe in? What am I going to leave behind when I'm through?"
-Raiden, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
`````
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #156
Juego
Do you want a 2nd opinion

Cool to see so many costumes nearing completion! I've been laid up with a minor injury, but hope to resume fiberglass work on my revised medipack this weekend. If not, then I'm switching to the sapper while I heal up some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakioTwist View Post
Personally speaking as my group's Demoman, I just have my EOD vest & grenade props to finish and I'm all set(which should be done this weekend if Metrocon tryouts don't consume the whole time). Anyway, getting to the point of this post -- does anyone have a good "sideshot" of Demoman's grenade launcher? TFPortal.de had some decent low-res screencaps, but they were all at odd angles.
Here's the sticky and grenade launchers.
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #157
makio
resident slacker

You, sir... are the effin' MAN.
Much thanks!!!

"Then what am I supposed to believe in? What am I going to leave behind when I'm through?"
`````
Unread 02-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #158
D4rkone
Bowler Extraordinaire

Finally got the materials for my Spy mask. Working on it tomorrow and most likely ordering the gloves this week as well.

So pretty much, the costume itself is done. I just need to start on the knife.

Edit: My parents made me fill out my FAFSA tonight, so no costume work this weekend. But this week is a 4-day week so I'll try to persuade her for Friday.

Last edited by D4rkone : 02-10-2008 at 07:53 PM.
D4rkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #159
Cabbage Oh
lol sup /cgl/

I'm working on my headset now.
Pictures when it's done.

Edit: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1401959/ check it ouuuuut.

Last edited by Cabbage Oh : 02-09-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Cabbage Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #160
amethystducky
Beep Beep

I'm totally helping my brother make a gas mask for a Blitz Victim ( school project) and not a Pyro cosplay :3.
amethystducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 06:57 AM   #161
amethystducky
Beep Beep

My dad just found an old lab coat for me to use so my Medic cosplay ( which I was originally in two minds over) is now going to happen.

I'll be wearing this to September's Alcon event though I seriously doubt anyone else, apart from my brother, will be cosplaying TF2.
amethystducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #162
makio
resident slacker

Despite the rain here locally, I got a lot more parts & costume stuff for my BLU Demoman outfit to be worn at MEGACON'08 next month. Though I have the majority of it gathered, the big work now is getting it actually made like the character... here's a quick head-to-toe progress rundown.

Hat (100%):
Purchased a wool, logo-less watchman's hat/skullie. I also picked up an eyepatch from the local pharmacy, and I'm getting a little better with seeing my surroundings with no depth perception. It's like cosplaying MGS3 Snake all over again -- and coincidentally, at the same convention as before, LoL!

Vest & White Long-sleeve Shirt (45%):
The aforementioned friend of mine had the black fabric and cushioning material already; so we made a paper model of how I wanted the vest to be worn to resemble the Demoman's own. The "Y" harness/bandolier with the 6 grenades should be painted and attached shortly after the vest is done this weekend. I have the two side pouches attached to a pistol belt, but I'm still looking for the front satchel for purchase. Oh, and I have the white long sleeve shirt and the "KA-BOOM!" taunt Mr. Happy smiley too.

Jumpsuit, Boots, And the Rest (70%):
The jumpsuit was purchased first, but I wasn't able to find a new light blue one; so I just went with navy blue instead. Though I got some helpful hints on brightening the colour, I'm not going to bother out of 'fear' that it might become too bright. The Demoman patch will probably be the very last thing added to the costume.
I've got the boots, and the ankle covers will be made by myself while my friend's getting the vest done. I still don't understand why the Demoman has them, but whatever.
Lastly... instead of just carrying around the scrumpy(hard cider)bottle with me, I've opted to try making the grenade launcher. I picked up pvc pipes and couplings last night, which I'll cut to shape tonight. I also need to draw out the cut line on the lumber for the stock. Overall, this 'project' has turned out a bit more costly than I figured, especially given how simplistic it seems in screencaps & artwork...

`````

Last edited by makio : 02-25-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #163
mcslanty
spyin inside ur dispenser

hehe. yea man. it adds up. but it sounds like you are on the right track. keep us posted! sounds good
mcslanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #164
Juego
Do you want a 2nd opinion

@amethystducky - Huzzah for more medics! Might be the least played class in-game, but damned if Doc ain't popular for cosplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakioTwist View Post
Overall, this 'project' has turned out a bit more costly than I figured, especially given how simplistic it seems in screencaps & artwork...
Ah ha ha, oh lord, yes. I look at my workdesk and see all these discarded bits of this and that because things weren't looking stylized enough. Thankfully, I can reuse some stuff for other projects.

And my own update: Since I'm a primarily a props person, I commissioned my redux Medic coat. It should arrive Monday.

I repainted the medigun slightly to give it a more worn appearance. Pics later once I find the power cord so I can recharge the battery.

My bonesaw has been nearly complete for a while now (just got to dig out some Sculptey for the screws) and I'm putting together the medipack harness this weekend -- I'm trying to rig it so that it looks on-model, instead of being like a backpack (with straps under the arms). It may require an under-harness cheat, but I'm not 100% sure just yet.

Last edited by Juego : 02-22-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #165
D4rkone
Bowler Extraordinaire

Update here, not much has happened. We got the materials for the mask and have pinned it up. Chances are I won't be able to work on it since I need to go to my aunt's house to sew it and we had the huge snowstorm so I don't hink I'll be going anywhere this weekend.