Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Animazement

Unread 05-23-2003, 11:36 AM   #1
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Official Az Reports!

Post them here peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since i'm not there yet....i have to wait.........

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2003, 03:09 AM   #2
WashuOtaku
Washu's Defender!

Animazement is Fun!!!!

http://www.washu.org/cosplay/amz03/index.html
WashuOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2003, 11:22 AM   #3
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Wow....just plain WOW!. My first anime convention was just so much fun! NOW, we can plan more. We even made up RULES while waiting for the AMV contest to begin....See, we're such newbies...Our main rule was to bring a bigger crowd. While waiting in the line for Cosplay, we kept naming folks that we could have brought. Seeing as i have more fun with guys then girls, all mine were guys. OH, that was my other rule, do not pursue the real-live bishies and not say anything....I was SO gulity of that. But i don't really think it was becasue of the chracter the person was portraying, it was becasue they were cuties! The dealer's room was so wonderful! I'm surprised i only left with two manga's and a box of pocky. [Maybe it was becasue of my insufficient funds...] I so wanted these two artbooks [Spirited Away and FFX]. I also wanted this Cowboy Bebop artbook for the movie......No money, so i left to join the cosplay line. WE were always planning to get there WAY early, but we got held back, but still managed to snag a good place in line! YAY! I'm glad that those AMV's won...i find myself singing 'Manga Maniac' all through the con. Magnificent is all i can say about the Kingdom Hearts one, i loved it! And YATTA is my new phrase. I was in awe at the people that could play DDR. They're feet were moving so quickly....and this one guy kept spinning....I must learn the art of DDR so as i can become the master! And was I a picture fanatic or what...we actually CHASED peeps to get their pics. I STILL didn't have a chance to get a pic with 'my' Kenshin, but i did get my Tidus, Vash, and Cloud. Juu got her Alucard. Tidus was our hardest chase. Whoo....all the way across the lobby to reaches unknown! I was crazy with taking pics.....I have NO pics fromm Friday becasue my stoopid camera wouldn't work! [Another rule....bring a camera that works] But i have lots from Sat. Juu had the same camera from Friday that she had Sat. and i actually passed her with taking pics. (she had like nine left....but i already had only 5 left on my first camera after the first hour there Sat.) I saw the Free Pocky gurl! (HI!) That was weird at first....i knew her from online, but have never seen her in person. I heard her before seeing her. By the way, thanx for the Pocky! And i thank Himemiya for sayinf hey to me when i was about to get my pic with the Lucky Charms guy! THANK YOU! I guess you're the only one that recognized me or something. I made friends with this really cool older guy while waiting for the Anime match game. He recommended Ranma 1/2 to me so i went and got the manga right afterwards. Every other hour we were in te Dealer's Room....I wish i could have went today! [Sunday] But alas, i couldn't....but that is allright! I will BE there next year and maybe i'll have the courage to enter the cosplay..[since now i know what it takes]!

Unread 05-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

Aaaaaaaaaah! Animazement! Thank you for being everything i hoped you would be this year! I had a great time in my EGL costume (with the super floofy petticoat)... Competed in my first Karaoke and won "most animated"... competed in my first cosplay contest, and discovered i like being in the contest more than waiting in line for the contest... threw away my Yumi wig (AuGH it sucked! I'll have a better one for AWA)... met some new friends, some online friends... took some pictures... got what i came to the dealers room for (MINI MONI PLUSHIES!!!)... want to be a pirate (rape kill pilage and burn! rapesteal pilageandburn! eat the babies!)

And on a personal note... i got my passion for cosplay back. My next costume will be done because its a character I love, not because i haven't seen the costume or because it looks easy.

Had an AWESOME time! Pictures will be in my gallery later tonight!

EDIT have some pics in my gallery!

Last edited by Himemiya : 05-25-2003 at 07:40 PM.
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2003, 08:05 PM   #5
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Quote:
Originally posted by Himemiya
want to be a pirate (rape kill pilage and burn! rapesteal pilageandburn! eat the babies!)

Wasn't that awesome!?! My new catch phrase, EAT THE BABIES!

Unread 05-25-2003, 08:54 PM   #6
Asudem

Oooooooh my. My first con...WAS A BLAST! Better than I ever expected. And, ever since I sent my money off for the pre-reg, I'd been secptical about doing cosplay. Not anymore! Expect to see me in full cosplay glory next year! Heck, I'll start making the thing now!

So there I was on Friday with no costume but my oh-so-great 'best-friend' Jessi-Chan 'convenietnly' brought a pair of pink fairy wings and voila! Instant costume. Meh. Never did get to wear them...

Jess and I practicly _lived_ in the dealers Room. And I never expected it to be that big! And crowed! While searching in the boxes of keychains a Chichiri was beside me and I repatedlyhit in the head with a monk staff; we were _that_ crowded. Me and Jess lost eachother in there! I bought less than I would have liked but I'm cheap...dang it! Oh well, I'll make up for it next year.

The AMV's were great but I was dead tired by the time it all ended on Firday. And all my favorties won on Saturday! I love that Kingdom Hearts video. Did you see the standing ovation it got? Oh man, and YATTA! That was hilarious! Me, Jess, and a guy we were waiting beside in line sung the whole song!

I got pictures of _a lot_ of great costumes and actually got in a picture with Alucard! And then Wolfwood! Whoo!

Oh. And I remeber the the Big Tidus Chase of '03(As I've taken to calling it) We ran that boy down in the lobby and finnaly got him to turn around after I yelled, "TIDUS!!!" Hey, if you're there 'Tidus', um...great costume? ^_^

So there you have it. The very entusiastic testimony of a fist con goer. And what did I learn after this 2-day exposer to anime, costumes, and free pocky?

That I too wish to become a pirate. Rape, steal, pillage and burn. Rapestealpillageandburn. EAT THE BABIES!

(BTW, I'm that "Juu" person Jessi keeps referring to. Why she insits on calling me that, I'll never know)
Asudem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2003, 08:57 PM   #7
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Becasue i like saying Juu. I'm glad our exploits at AZ were the best! Hopefully next yr. will be better since we are actually gonna COSPLAY! YEA!

Last edited by !*Jessi-Chan*! : 05-25-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Unread 05-25-2003, 10:00 PM   #8
Rinkun
Fareigner to Old Country

Friday was good...yes it was...that is all...

me luffles my Kumi (alien 9) costume, i got free stuff again!
The mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind.....
Rinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2003, 11:07 PM   #9
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

I'm still mad that people stole our Yuri room posters ;___; I guess it was because we were in a hallway with lots of elevator traffic... Next con, i'm bringing multiple copies!! LONG LIVE THE YURI ROOM!
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 01:12 AM   #10
Link Arroway
arararar

weeee... that was a lot of fun, getting there early was great and everything. I enjoyed meeting lotsa people but I wanted to meet more people, I didn't recognise some people I thought I saw from here, I dunno. I was too spaced out or something from all the soda! The AMVs that won were indeed pretty cool, I liked the 'Hello Kitty - Fight' one and the 'Yatta' one :D I had fun cosplaying, altho I didn't do as good a job as I had hoped I would, all the cosplayers are soo good and the skits were so great, I wish I was outgoing enough to do that stuff! I lost my cat tail standing in line for cosplay ;_; oh well, I broke my cat ears anyways later that night, hit myself in the head with my videocamera, but they are still usable :D My friends I went with got annoying so much of the time I was out myself, but I had more time to meet new people that way, yay! And they stayed in the room and played my videogames. I had a lot of fun in the dealers room, I couldn't think of what to buy!! So I waited until there wasn't as much left. Cept, I found a good Evangelion poster that has a picture of the scene from the end of the TV Series which I like because I like the last two epi's just as much as the movies. ^_^ And it has all the episodes listed :) I got it within a couple hours of gettin to the con, so I had reason to be happy right away. Then later I went and got my Chii of Chobits poster, Asuka of Evangelion, and 'shadescroll' this wallscroll made of something that works like window blinds XD of Rinoa from FFVII. Saturday morning I got two free posters down near the dealers room too :). Saturday night was so much fun, with more talking to people and meeting people and running around. The third floor forest was really funny. Sunday was fun and busy but sad, there wasn't much to do the whole day but wrap up. After 8am anyways, before then it was still fun fun saturday night.. Sunday I bid on art and went to closing and bought last things and packed, wandered a lil after, and left. :( I wanted to get the Rei picture by EvaNeko but someone else bid on it at the last minute and I missed it at auction. Someone else is happy enjoying it now I guess ^^, and more money for evaneko! I was able to get my eva artbook with the money I saved, so I am happy, Yay! This con was a lot of fun this year and I wanna go have more fun! I hope to go to more con's now and I wanna meet more ppl in my area that like anime.
Link Arroway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:29 AM   #11
rogue
Sanji Fangirl

We have pictures up!

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 11:53 AM   #12
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

The only thing i hated about Az is that i couldn't get my costume finished in time! (damn, procrastination...) I DID have this pair of wings in the car that i grabbed on Friday to wear with my pink shirt. OH, and i met no one. I guess that's what we get for not getting a room at the Sheraton. We were like a mile or so away at a Red Roof Inn with no other cosplayers. Only a basketball team that left early that morning for a game or something. I DID want to meet people. (Besides my Ranma Fan dude from the line and this other guy. Both started talkingto me becasue they asked about my shirt.) Many people stared at my Bishie Shirt! Too bad i didn't do the transfers well enough to use next yr...they're all peeling.
Unread 05-26-2003, 02:23 PM   #13
Rei2Rei
-mad hatter-

Quote:
Originally posted by rogue
We have pictures up!

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay
Ahh! You posted a pic of me!

Heehee..Anyway, AZ was really good this year! I had such a great time!
Friday was ok..it was just to rainy and humid outside so my hair did bad and I felt dirty the whole time. Also it seemed like not many people where there.
Saturday was the best day..more people where there and more people were wearing costumes. It was fun wearing my Chii costume at the Chobits photoshoot and at the Cosplay.com one to. So many people took my pictures and it made me feel good (I was hugged twice and even picked up!). I met a few people there-Liz-maru and her friend Jessi (I think that was her name) and they were both really nice!
Sunday was kinda a resting day. It was nice because it wasn't so crowed.

Well..I can't wait until next year~!!
Rei2Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 03:25 PM   #14
liz-maru
oOcosplay crazedOo

YAY rei2rei you were the bestest!! ^_- i luv you!! you made me laugh lots and you were so nice too! it was awesome to meet you!! i luv your costumes!! ^_- im glad we met! woo!
liz-maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 07:53 PM   #15
arisuchan
spirit of chivarly

I just really wanted to say to Himemiya that you were the only person who know who I was when I was wearing my Merryweather costume on friday!! (I got called Chi waaay too many times) and that I am so sad that I didn't realize that you posted on this board. I feel very silly now *^^*
arisuchan is offline   Reply With Quote