Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-24-2003, 12:54 AM   #1
vash_humanoid

Help Pls!!!!

hello...i am i guy, 13yrs old, and my freinds teaze me cuase i kinda look like hitomi from escaflone and i decided to crossplay as her. 1st of all...... i get REALLY embaressed real easy. 2nd of all i never done this sorat thing before. and 3rd, i just have a dash of hitomi's face and nothing else.... any tips pls...

im sure you mheard thids sorta thing before but i need help and ask you to reply.

Unread 05-24-2003, 02:35 AM   #2
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

I suggest, if you do this, that you be with a large cosplay group that will help you field any stupidity from others. It helps to have numbers for protection and confidence.

(Personally, I'd be quite happy if you'd cosplay Hitomi with us, 'cause we could use a Hitomi. ^___^ After all, I and my DragonSlayers are already crossplaying. But, we are in California.)
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2003, 05:05 PM   #3
Menchi
Tee hee <3

oh an dont let ppl tell you that you are wrong for doin so. it is somethin few will do an while ppl make fun of it you are braver than them foro doing it ^^ an the group thing is a good way to help too if ya do go as hitomi do it an do it prouldy ^^
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
vash_humanoid

thnx i never thought of going as a large group....thnx a lot. i think i have a gruop picked out already. ^ ^
vash_humanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 01:19 PM   #5
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

You really dont even need to be in a large cosplay group, just have friends around you at all times until you're more comfortable walking around on your own.

When I first started, I had my friend Joseph stick to me like glue because I was so nervous and afraid that someone would try to beat me up. It took a little while, but now I walk around all by myself and I've found that it's not as bad as I thought it was originally. Sure some people can be mean, but ever since I started crossplaying in 1999, I've had only like 3 instances of jerks bothering me. And they were 'hit and runs' most of the time, or just brain farts where the person speaking wasn't really thinkign. Hit and runs are where the people aren't brave enough to say anything to your face, and will pass by and say something obviously loud enough for you to hear and keep walking.

What I get the most of are people complimenting my costumes and bravery. Some even come up to compliment my costume, and are startled when I say thank you, then they're really impressed ^^

So give it a try, but keep friends around you for a while, until you're ready to fly on your own. ^^

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

vash_humanoid is only 13 (barely older than my oldest kid), so as a mom I'd naturally worry if jerks are going to pick on a vulnerable kid, ne? ^^
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote