Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
xXRed13Xx

Gambit costume HELP!!!

Heya, new here hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I am making a Gambit costume at the moment (mainly for upcoming halloween but hopefully for a con too if I get it good enough) and I am having a couple of problems.

Not wanting to spend too much, I have most of the costume already (or bits are on their way) but my main problems are the headgear and the jacket.

Headgear I am completely stumped with, only thing I can think is getting a nylon balaclava and cut the face out and the top of the head off.

As for the Jacket what sort of jacket do people reckon?
I have had a look around some shops and a quick look on ebay and some other sites. But I can't seem to find the right coat. Obviously I need a full length trenchcoat, but should it be full leather (or pleather seeing as I'm not wanting to spend too much) or should it be one of those mac trenchcoats... having serious problems finding the right one...

If anyone knows of any sites that would have a good gambit jacket, or any posts on ebay that might look good then please tell me.

Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Red
xXRed13Xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
stefaniecat
Camera Cat

Well, I've seen the headband and side hooding done out of both spandex and other materials, as well as just painted on the face.

As for the jacket, while leather-ish (aka thick and solid) material seems to be to way to go, you could consider a more canvas-ish material to cut costs if you're making it. Look for long coat patterns in the Halloween category (assuming you're making it) and then check the back of the pattern for recommended materials...

I'd suggest you do a costume search for gambit, then find people who've got the right 'look' that fits your vision and PM them to ask them about their coats and materials...
stefaniecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
xXRed13Xx

No I am not planning on making the coat I am just looking to buy a trench coat. I have had a look at some other gambit cosplayers and the ones that didn't get their costumes privately made seem to use those thin mac trench coats, but I have looked around and I can't find a decent one of those.
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
shaowebb
Never Give Up

All you can do for the coat is shop around really then.
For cheap itd be ebay listings and shopgoodwill.com postings.
For the headgear I have a link at home I can post in a few hours (im at college)from a superhero costuming board Im on. Someone made a Firestorm whos headgear tutorial design should work for this cosplay.
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
xXRed13Xx

Cheers that would be nice.

I made his headgear out of a nylon balaclava that I cut and re-elasticated in certain places, it looks alright, but could be better.
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
shaowebb
Never Give Up

http://p098.ezboard.com/The-League-o...leagueofheroes

Sorry about the delay. I ...have no excuse I got sidetracked.
The costume maker is Loganallenwolf and you can PM him abou tthe whereabouts of his tutorial for that mask.
Also I believe there are some Gambits lurking on this board to ask for tips as well.
Unread 10-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #7
shakeyray

Cool Gambit

Word man....I just did Edward Scissorhands this Halloween and it looked just like him (i'm not joking, i stole away last year with captain jack sparrow)...anyhow, enough ranting or bragging........my friends always throw a party and we decided the other day that we would make a theme next year and it would be comic characters........so on to the main part of this post.....

I have been trying to figure out how to do Gamit (a perfect copy )....I think I will do the boots last....I will probably get some regular boots close to the same height and all and wrap them with some type of real metal to make them look authentic.....I have other ideas for some other stuff...BUT back to the trench coat....I myself would like to know what to get....leather is always the quality way but I don't think his coat is leather...I've looked at alot of pictures and it looks like a stiff cloth or something thats tapered with a good fit....i'm not sure..,..I was wondeirng if I could make it cheaper but i'm also dumb when it comes to sewing and can not find the material. If i could find some material I could go over to my parents house and ask my mom to sew it, lol.....as for the head piece...i still haven't figured that one out yet...but i'm doing this for next year ....
shakeyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:34 AM   #8
xXRed13Xx

Cheers guys, my costume is basically finished now (I know halloween is past but my party isn't till the saturday).
It's looking pretty good hopefully I'll get a picture