Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 10-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Demon Diary

All right... I know that several people have done Demon Diary costumes, namely Raenef V's white duster and Eclipse's "casual" wear. But what about the other characters? What about Chris or Meruhesae or even Leeche?

Personally, I'm working on Erutis right now (mostly in the planning stages). I hope I can also work on her "hostage" dress too! It's (and the story it's in) just so silly that I can't resist.

In the future, I'd also love to do Meruhesae, though I'd be shooting in the dark about the proper colors for her because she has no color spread! I'm also fond of Eclipse's big billowing cape with the twist trim.

Anyone working on Demon Diary cosplay? Or even... Angel Diary?

Unread 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
kalajessta
Chevalier

Actually, Raefne was the first cosplay I've attempted to sew on my own. Let's just say though, I would love to go back and redo that cosplay when I have time. God, I would love to cosplay Chris at some point, but I would have to have a group with me. I feel the minor characters wouldn't be known too well due to that Demon Diary is only a manga and still is rather unknown to many manga readers.

May I ask though, what is Angel Diary?

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalajessta View Post
Actually, Raefne was the first cosplay I've attempted to sew on my own. Let's just say though, I would love to go back and redo that cosplay when I have time. God, I would love to cosplay Chris at some point, but I would have to have a group with me. I feel the minor characters wouldn't be known too well due to that Demon Diary is only a manga and still is rather unknown to many manga readers.

May I ask though, what is Angel Diary?
I'd have to agree with that assessment. Eclipse and Raenef are probably the most recognizable of the entire manwha series.

Angel Diary is a sort of sequel to Demon Diary (It's in the same world/universe). It's about the Princess of Heaven (an "angel") who runs away from her engagement to the King of the Underworld (Hell or something similar). Several of the cast look rather like Demon Diary characters (including an emo!Raenef and youngandseductive!Eclipse).
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
Lady Link
Sleep Deprived

I've been drooling over so many of Raenef's outfits since I first read the manwha... One of my friends said he'd dress as Chris and chase me around the con if I went as Raenef. He's not in the current lineup, but maybe next year. The clothing designs in the series are awesome.

Man, I gotta check out Angel Diary now... I hadn't heard of it. It's been a while since I went to a bookstore to just browse for new titles, though. Silly me, trying to finish the ones I'm reading right now. XD
Lady Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
I'd have to agree with that assessment. Eclipse and Raenef are probably the most recognizable of the entire manwha series.

Angel Diary is a sort of sequel to Demon Diary (It's in the same world/universe). It's about the Princess of Heaven (an "angel") who runs away from her engagement to the King of the Underworld (Hell or something similar). Several of the cast look rather like Demon Diary characters (including an emo!Raenef and youngandseductive!Eclipse).
I have to check it out. I didn't realize there was finally a sequel. But yeah, I wouldn't mind cosplaying it again, let alone even get a complete enough cosplay to wear ^^;

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
Unread 10-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalajessta View Post
I have to check it out. I didn't realize there was finally a sequel. But yeah, I wouldn't mind cosplaying it again, let alone even get a complete enough cosplay to wear ^^;
Well, I wouldn't call it a sequel exactly, persay. It's a different story line with some role reversals that happens to happen in the same universe (just not in the same time period/plane of existence).
Unread 10-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
kalajessta
Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
Well, I wouldn't call it a sequel exactly, persay. It's a different story line with some role reversals that happens to happen in the same universe (just not in the same time period/plane of existence).
Aah, gotcha. I just wish they would of ended Demon Diary officially. Then again, it wouldn't be a manga if that's the case.

2008 Cons: