Making a Yuna costume was surprisingly simple. The most time-consuming part was painting the designs onto the obi and skirt, but for me, that kind of thing is usually pretty fun.
I found a beautiful, dark-blue wool pleated skirt at the Salvation Army for two dollars that was PERFECT! I washed it, laid it out, and painted the flower patterns on with fabric paint. It came out very nice!
(Sorry the picture is so dark!)
Next, I worked on the obi. I bought some yellow "Duck Cloth" from the fabric store, which is nice and sturdy, and painted the leaf-patterns with some more fabric paint.
(I used blue to outline the leaves, and green to color them in.)
I created the blue/white flower crest by using cut-out pieces of craft-foam. The red "Crest of Yevon" piece was made the same way, except there are details done with paint.
I used fabric glue to glue the little ropes onto the obi. The obi ties shut with the rope in the back. You have to pin the bow onto the obi yourself.
The bow was also made from yellow Duck Cloth. I hemmed the sides, painted the leaf-design on, and shaped it into a bow.
The sleeves are just long pieces of rectangular white, cotton material sewed together (the material feels similar to a pillow case), leaving small spaces for the arm to fit into. I bought some RIT dye and dyed the sleeves by dipping them in (but only to a certain point!) I let the bottom of the sleeves stay in longer to make them darker. The sleeves tie at the top with thin, blue ribbon.
The top part was just a rectangular piece of soft, cotton material draped around the person! This item is easy as pie to make.
Here are some pictures of my little sister modeling this costume. ^_^
If you have any more questions, just ask.